+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd Claims Corona A5 Jailbreak Almost Ready

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default MuscleNerd Claims Corona A5 Jailbreak Almost Ready

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team recently tweeted about a new blog post on the Dev Team’s blog. The post titled “Corona A5 jailbreak nearly ready to pop!” discusses the current state of the soon to be released jailbreak for the A5 based devices (the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S). He claims that the jailbreak is “nearly ready” for a public release with the combine effort of @pod2g, members of the iPhone Dev Team, and members of the Chronic Dev Team. All of the obstacles that previously stood in the way have been overcome and as of right now, MuscleNerd claims all that is left is making the jailbreak as bug free as possible.

One interesting that that is discussed in this blog post is the various forms that the Corona A5 jailbreak will be released in. You’ll have the standard Graphical User Interface (GUI) form, a command-line interface (CLI), and the more familiar redsn0w GUI form. To read more detailed information regarding the various options that each form will provide, check the information from the blog post below:

Jailbreak programs:

To be as flexible as possible, the A5 version of the corona jailbreak will take multiple forms:

• Chronic Dev have incorporated the overall flow into a GUI that runs on your Mac or PC
    • iPhone Dev have incorporated the exact same flow into a command-line interface (CLI). This will allow us to help users through individual steps of the jailbreak manually, to both help the user and help improve the overall flow. Although the CLI will also allow the user to perform the entire jailbreak from beginning to end, we anticipate it will be more useful in debugging the occasional errors. The CLI currently has over 20 individual options (in addition to the single “jailbreak” option) that should be useful during debug after the GUI release.
    • Once all the bugs in the flow are worked out, we’ll also incorporate it into the redsn0w GUI (but still leave the CLI freely available too). In order to maximize the chances of the jailbreak working for everyone, the redsn0w GUI will use native Apple iTunes libraries — this technique is slightly different than how the Chronic Dev GUI handles communications, and should provide nice combined coverage for all the odd computer configurations out there.
    Now, many of you may be wondering which firmware versions will be compatible with the Corona A5 jailbreak. This is something that MuscleNerd has identified and that all of you should take note of. The supported firmware versions include:

• iPhone4S: 5.0 (9A334), 5.0.1 (9A405) and the “other” 5.0.1 (9A406)
    • iPad2: 5.0.1 (9A405)
    Users who wish to achieve a software-based carrier unlock for their iPhone 4S are advised to stay on iOS 5.0. If an unlock is something that you are not worried about, it is advised that you update to iOS 5.0.1. Furthermore, it’s recommended that if you are on iOS 5.0.1 (9A406), that you downgrade your baseband by going to the 9A405 version of iOS 5.0.1 while the window is still open.

As many of you wait anxiously for the jailbreak to be released, it should be noted that this type of jailbreak method hasn’t been used before and unforeseen problems are expected to occur upon its release. MuscleNerd has advised everyone to properly backup any and all important data in case an issue occurs and you have to restore and re-jailbreak.

Last but not least no ETA has been provided. The Corona A5 jailbreak will be released “when testing has shown most of the bugs have been fixed!”

As usual, stay tuned for more news and information regarding the Corona A5 jailbreak by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and/or subscribing to our RSS feed.

Source: iPhone Dev Team (blog), MuscleNerd (Twitter)

*Thanks to the many ModMyi users who sent this in*

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

woooooo!!!

Thanks

I think it's gonna be today I hope it's gonna be today..... Pleeeaaassseee be today I miss my jailbreak... Thanks dream team!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

excited about the hard work and determination paying off.

tired of all the teases and "almost done" updates.

Thanks

Now the question is how bad will cydia crash when everyone starts loading it...??? Hopefully Jay and other repos are ready for this also ????
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I await patiently...thank you to all the people involved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone laurence0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Just curious as it was mentioned 5.0.1 (9A406) is supported but is being advised to downgrade to 9A405?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

it will come next week after all bugs are done we hope

Thanks

I think Sunday will be a fun day

Thanks

Wonder of that was my tip ? Had to send this a5 jb is soo close

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    MuscleNerd has advised everyone to properly backup any and all important data in case an issue occurs and you have to restore and re-jailbreak.
    Possible fly in the ointment once Apple stops signing 5.01 ?

Banned
    Thanks

Yup almost ready guys just a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer............................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YupMeAgain View Post
    Yup almost ready guys just a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer and a little longer............................

Hah that's a terrific graphic! Go Gilligan!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost is for horseshoes and grenades...

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Possible fly in the ointment once Apple stops signing 5.01 ?
    Yep! Once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, this will become a "fragile" jailbreak. Don't install programs from untrusted sources, because you may end up needing to restore. And at that point you won't be able to restore to 5.0.1 anymore on A5 devices.

P.S. Kil0111 feel free to install programs from untrusted sources
    Last edited by MuscleNerd; 01-20-2012 at 03:42 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuscleNerd For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-20-2012), towboattrash34 (01-20-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    Yep! Once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, this will become a "fragile" jailbreak. Don't install programs from untrusted sources, because you may end up needing to restore. And at that point you won't be able to restore to 5.0.1 anymore on A5 devices.
    Yep after what happen last jailbreak with the repos only loading half of the stuff till everything was settled down, I'll just jailbreak then let the traffic slowdown before i load anything else...
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

P.S. Kil0111 feel free to install programs from untrusted sources
    I had to learn the hard way,that was how I lost my 4.3.3 jailbreak for my iPad 2 :-(

Banned
    Thanks

Hah that's a terrific graphic! Go Gilligan!
    Well I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy your updates.

Oh snap wait it's been a few hours shouldn't it be time for another update??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I had to learn the hard way,that was how I lost my 4.3.3 jailbreak for my iPad 2 :-(
    This maybe a stupid question, but if Apple stopped signing the 5.0.1 firmware and for whatever reason a restore was required. If I had the official firmware (5.0.1) downloaded already and I had saved my SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella Would a restore to 5.0.1 be possible?

P.S I am still learning

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

This is like Christmas eve and the joy and anticipation of what's to come. Just made my second donation. I can't put into words how grateful I am for everyone's hard work! THANK YOU!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast