+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SOULCALIBUR Released for iOS Platform Gamers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The popular fighting game is now available on iOS! SOULCALIBUR is a popular console game that encompasses head to head fighting with weapons. The game play is mesmerizing if you're
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default SOULCALIBUR Released for iOS Platform Gamers

The popular fighting game is now available on iOS!

SOULCALIBUR is a popular console game that encompasses head to head fighting with weapons. The game play is mesmerizing if you're one of those chronic fighting game addicts. It is like many types of fighting games where one player is on the left and one is on the right and you attempt to drain their life bar by attacking your opponent. The first to lose all of their health is deemed the loser and the player still standing wins.

The iOS version of the game comes with several different playing modes such as:

• Arcade Battle - This is the original battle mode from the arcade version of, "Soul Calibur." To win, you have to beat all of the enemies.
    • Time Attack - In this mode, you try to beat the game as fast as you can.
    • Survival - In this mode, you start off with a fraction of your health and try to survive against enemies as long as possible.
    • Extra Survival - In this mode, you try to see how many enemies you can beat with one-hit kills.
    • Museum - In this mode, you can view artwork, but it's less combat oriented.
    • Practice - In this mode, you can practice your moves.

The game developer BANDAI promises that they will add more game modes in the future. This should ensure that while you are having fun beating the current state of the game, that more is to come so that you won't get bored with it; not that you would. You can pick from nineteen different characters to play with.

SOULCALIBUR will be compatible with the iPhone 4 or newer, iPod touch 4G (both the 2010 and 2011 models), and iPad 2. Obviously, you can expect better optimal and graphical performance from the A5 chip in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, which are said to render graphics seven to eight times faster than the A4 chip in the other devices that SOULCALIBUR supports (excluding iPad 1). You will need to be running iOS 4.3 or newer in order to run the game as a requirement for installation from the App Store.

The game is a total of 215MB to download, but the game size will increase substantially when you begin playing the game and saving game data. This is something to keep in mind if you have an 8GB iPod touch or a low amount of storage left. It will set you back $11.99, but that's the sale price. The game is currently 20% off as it celebrates its release. Soon, the game will crank its way back up to $14.99, so if you're interested, get it while it's on sale!

You can download SOULCALIBUR for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad here.

Sources: App Store

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Purchasing.. Ive always enjoyed playing these kind of games!

Thanks

Let me know how it is cause im always a lil iffy when it comes to 11.99/14.99^^

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Dayam thats expensive considering GTA 3 was available for $3 on sale down from $5....

Thanks

Sweet!!!!

Thanks

I am so pumped for this, I can't even begin to describe it.

The $11.99 price tag is a bit on the hefty side but I never enjoyed games on the iOS platform. With games such as Soul Calibur making appearances, I feel like I may change my mind in the near future.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is actually a game called blades of fury (.: Blades of fury :.), it is just like soul caliber and you can battle each other over bluetooth, or wifi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let Me kNoW when Link from the legend of Zelda is allowed in again, and I'll be back. :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Without getting too techy, i think its a decent port, ok so the multiplayer via bluetooth/wifi is not available but im sure it will be integrated in a future update, i played this on the dreamcast and alot of the essentials are clearly still present on this ios port, maybe a tad pricey

I would recommend giving this a blast to lovers of the classic vs mode beat 'em' up.
    Last edited by smuj29; 01-19-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd be in at around $10. Will have to wait for this to go on sale.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    I am so pumped for this, I can't even begin to describe it.

The $11.99 price tag is a bit on the hefty side but I never enjoyed games on the iOS platform. With games such as Soul Calibur making appearances, I feel like I may change my mind in the near future.
    As iOS progresses we will see more and more gaming' games come to iOS in the future. Which is always exciting for us users, especially gamers.