+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Revamp Data Plans With More Bang for Your Buck

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by A3gOwner Yes I am sorry. It's not my fault they offered us unlimited data and some of us actually used it as unlimited. I travel a lot
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Yes I am sorry. It's not my fault they offered us unlimited data and some of us actually used it as unlimited. I travel a lot and sharing a 20+mb cable connection for a whole hotel, speeds can get ridiculously slow and 3G is faster. I used my phone for everything from Netflix to Hulu because with the $30 dollar/month unlimited data and the $30 dollars/month for Netflix and Hulu is still cheaper than cable where I'm at. Plus way more content. So say as you wish but it's not our fault for using a ton of bandwidth it's AT&T for giving it to us. Now they are taking it away slowly but surely. It wasn't the last five months tho either I've been in Iraq for six months and returned a couple of months ago. The last two months since I've been home it's been throttled right round 2-3gb.
    I have netflix and Hulu plus and some web links to streaming content and in my busiest month I didn't break 15GB! This type of network isn't like broadband it takes a hit pretty bad when ton of data is streamed/downloaded forcing cheap companies to take action...

Yes I get what unlimited means, and they are not cutting your data just slowing it down so that in a sense you wont be dumping 30GB, instead you'll manage 10GB with that speed, per month.

Quote Originally Posted by flightsim View Post
    Way wrong, they allow unlimited data users to get more data, seeing as how they "raise the roof" and that top 5% is much higher. As long as your not in the top 5%, your good to go. Its basic math, we should be thankful for people like this!

I get you're point ... its just that these type of usage is what started the whole thing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdjatt View Post
    Agreed
    Exactly. This is not a steal for customers, it s for AT&T. I have a 2 GB plan of which I use around 200 to 350 MB every month - which means now I need to pay $5 more.

Thanks

It depends on what kind of user you are.

I use up to the threshold of my 2gb plan... So an extra gb would be awesome, and for just 5 bucks is a steal for me. Of course this is a steal for AT&T as well but that's the way business is, offer additional services at an affordable rate in turn they make money. I'm happy and AT&T is happy, even though they loss me off sometimes with my data(besides the point)
    With your usage and plan I'd stay where your at because you don't seem to be a heavy user and 2gb is very comfortable for you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Yes I am sorry. It's not my fault they offered us unlimited data and some of us actually used it as unlimited. I travel a lot and sharing a 20+mb cable connection for a whole hotel, speeds can get ridiculously slow and 3G is faster. I used my phone for everything from Netflix to Hulu because with the $30 dollar/month unlimited data and the $30 dollars/month for Netflix and Hulu is still cheaper than cable where I'm at. Plus way more content. So say as you wish but it's not our fault for using a ton of bandwidth it's AT&T for giving it to us. Now they are taking it away slowly but surely. It wasn't the last five months tho either I've been in Iraq for six months and returned a couple of months ago. The last two months since I've been home it's been throttled right round 2-3gb.
    I understand what you're saying but please believe that "unlimited" has NEVER truly been so. Those Terms & Conditions have stated forever that they can augment your data speed or term your contract if you "abuse" the network (of course, that so-called abuse being determined by the company). This isn't new to smartphone users, either; just more prominent now as more people have more efficient hardware to access the network. Back in the day when folks used to use regular flip phones as modems AT&T would get them then too, if they "used too much". The point remains that there are people complaining about the congested network but then don't want want to be throttled even tho they're the reason why its congested (no matter the reason).

When tethering I've never come anywhere close to hitting the usage you're describing cos I actually have respect for the OTHER millions of smartphone users who are paying the same $30 for "unlimited". Don't u think we all deserve that bandwidth we're paying for? No offense, but you might wanna think about finding another way to split your entertainment time instead holing up in the hotel clogging AT&T's network IJS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svolam View Post
    Exactly. This is not a steal for customers, it s for AT&T. I have a 2 GB plan of which I use around 200 to 350 MB every month - which means now I need to pay $5 more.
    You'll be grandfathered into the $25/month plan. I called customer service and specifically asked them that.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I called them because neither my wife nor I ever reach 2 GB of data but I'm paying for unlimited. I decided save the $10 a month and drop the unlimited packages, but wanted to be sure I'd be grandfathered into the $25 plan before swapping.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123