+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want iOS 5 On Your Stone Age iPhone 2G/3G Or iPod Touch 1G/2G? Try WhiteD00r5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got a iPhone 2g in the cupboard doing nothing so I'll give this a try.
    Banned
    Thanks

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Let us know how well or not well it works

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

I'll try to get a ipod 2g from a friend just to try this out tomorrow.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish more people that were actually using Whited00r would respond here... I have tired both Whited00r and Blackd00r. I have to say that Whited00r is the superior CFW. The commenter above that said this isn't iOS5 obviously hasn't tried it. iCloud is iOS 5 and I have it on both 2G and 3G device because of Whited00r. Newsstand is iOS5, reminders iOS 5. The firmware both jailbreaks and unlocks your device and installs many useful tweaks before you even open cydia. For example.. Cycorder, Terminal, Universal Search and the evil app store that allows you to download old versions of software such as Facebook and Spotify that you need older versions to run on 3.1.3 which is what firmware your phone reports as using. I have folders, voice control and much much more. It makes my device better it makes my device much faster. For example the 3G on 4.2.1 was AWFUL! But whited00r makes it run great. I wish more people would make CFW and put it out there. But I agree with the commenter above I can hardly believe this is being talked about here because these CFW are modifying Apples firmware and redistributing them.

I have been using Whited00r for many many months and no issues what so ever. Try it if you have an older device you will love it. But you may need iReb to put your device in a Pwned state to get the CFW on your device.. DFU mode won't cut it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh! I just sold my 1st generation 2G iPhone 4gb for $150!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    I wish more people that were actually using Whited00r would respond here... I have tired both Whited00r and Blackd00r. I have to say that Whited00r is the superior CFW. The commenter above that said this isn't iOS5 obviously hasn't tried it. iCloud is iOS 5 and I have it on both 2G and 3G device because of Whited00r. Newsstand is iOS5, reminders iOS 5. The firmware both jailbreaks and unlocks your device and installs many useful tweaks before you even open cydia. For example.. Cycorder, Terminal, Universal Search and the evil app store that allows you to download old versions of software such as Facebook and Spotify that you need older versions to run on 3.1.3 which is what firmware your phone reports as using. I have folders, voice control and much much more. It makes my device better it makes my device much faster. For example the 3G on 4.2.1 was AWFUL! But whited00r makes it run great. I wish more people would make CFW and put it out there. But I agree with the commenter above I can hardly believe this is being talked about here because these CFW are modifying Apples firmware and redistributing them.

I have been using Whited00r for many many months and no issues what so ever. Try it if you have an older device you will love it. But you may need iReb to put your device in a Pwned state to get the CFW on your device.. DFU mode won't cut it.
    Glad to gear a first hand account. Thanks!

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

WhiteD00r is copyright infringement. Links removed. Thanks to @rpetrich for the tip.

Thanks

I should have never sold my old idevices........

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Just installed it on my original (unjailbroken) iPhone. It now has reminders, newsstand, terminal, an
    icon for video (which is really just cycorder when it opens up) and Cydia. However, homescreen wallpapers, folders and multitasking are not working for me. Icons and wallpapers have been updated to resemble ios5 though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe this would make the device incredibly laggy, as i used to have an ipod touch 2g 4.2.1, and just simple tweaks like enabling homescreen wallpaper and theming would make the device either 1. Lag lag lag or 2. An all expenses paid trip to the safe mode islands

But i am very impressed by the fact that this can even be done!
    (null)

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    For iPod touch mc model you will have to wait for Redd00r. Which will be released soon enough and it will be iOS 4 based.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    I believe this would make the device incredibly laggy, as i used to have an ipod touch 2g 4.2.1, and just simple tweaks like enabling homescreen wallpaper and theming would make the device either 1. Lag lag lag or 2. An all expenses paid trip to the safe mode islands

But i am very impressed by the fact that this can even be done!
    I havent tried it yet. But its being said that it not causes lag.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I lied. A reboot fixed the issues. It's pretty solid, actually. Much better than a 3G with ios4.

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    O yeah I completely forgot about yellowd00r. It it is the first jailbreak tool like cydia for your Mac. It will be released after redd00r. The custom firmware is actually faster than the original firmware because it takes out useless things you don't need so you can have a faster device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    WhiteD00r is copyright infringement. Links removed. Thanks to @rpetrich for the tip.
    It is?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    It is?
    Distributing modified copyright material is infringement. That's why we don't allow custom firmware links on MMi and also one of the reasons why the jailbreak teams distribute tools to do it yourself instead of making custom firmwares for you. The tools are legal.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure my iPhone 2G keeled over when I installed iOS 3 so I will definitely not try this haha.

Thanks

I'm still running an iPhone 3G as my day to day phone... But after trying so many things just to try and emulate features like Multitasking, I realized that these devices aren't capable of (at least to my standard of speed and usage) being used in a comfortable day to day use.

The only thing I would care to have from iOS 5 is notification center (which isn't even included [obviously, as stated above]) and Reminders application. Everything else to me at this point is negligible since there are already tweaks that imitate things like iOS wallpaper, albeit in less integrated and slight lower form.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    It is?

Yep, and so is running your Ripped ROM files on an emulator… /sarcasm

In other news, this wasn't the best time to do a review on us… (In my opinion)…
    We have things to sort out, like links to App-Pirating sites ON THE FREAKING HOMEPAGE…

-FinkMac, "Feature Dev", Whited00r

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I already said that, shame it takes somebody with his public image to do this.