+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Want iOS 5 On Your Stone Age iPhone 2G/3G Or iPod Touch 1G/2G? Try WhiteD00r5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got a iPhone 2g in the cupboard doing nothing so I'll give this a try.
...
  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    I got a iPhone 2g in the cupboard doing nothing so I'll give this a try.

  2. #22
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I got a iPhone 2g in the cupboard doing nothing so I'll give this a try.
    Let us know how well or not well it works

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    I'll try to get a ipod 2g from a friend just to try this out tomorrow.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    I wish more people that were actually using Whited00r would respond here... I have tired both Whited00r and Blackd00r. I have to say that Whited00r is the superior CFW. The commenter above that said this isn't iOS5 obviously hasn't tried it. iCloud is iOS 5 and I have it on both 2G and 3G device because of Whited00r. Newsstand is iOS5, reminders iOS 5. The firmware both jailbreaks and unlocks your device and installs many useful tweaks before you even open cydia. For example.. Cycorder, Terminal, Universal Search and the evil app store that allows you to download old versions of software such as Facebook and Spotify that you need older versions to run on 3.1.3 which is what firmware your phone reports as using. I have folders, voice control and much much more. It makes my device better it makes my device much faster. For example the 3G on 4.2.1 was AWFUL! But whited00r makes it run great. I wish more people would make CFW and put it out there. But I agree with the commenter above I can hardly believe this is being talked about here because these CFW are modifying Apples firmware and redistributing them.

    I have been using Whited00r for many many months and no issues what so ever. Try it if you have an older device you will love it. But you may need iReb to put your device in a Pwned state to get the CFW on your device.. DFU mode won't cut it.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Not on Earth.
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Huh! I just sold my 1st generation 2G iPhone 4gb for $150!

  6. #26
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    I wish more people that were actually using Whited00r would respond here... I have tired both Whited00r and Blackd00r. I have to say that Whited00r is the superior CFW. The commenter above that said this isn't iOS5 obviously hasn't tried it. iCloud is iOS 5 and I have it on both 2G and 3G device because of Whited00r. Newsstand is iOS5, reminders iOS 5. The firmware both jailbreaks and unlocks your device and installs many useful tweaks before you even open cydia. For example.. Cycorder, Terminal, Universal Search and the evil app store that allows you to download old versions of software such as Facebook and Spotify that you need older versions to run on 3.1.3 which is what firmware your phone reports as using. I have folders, voice control and much much more. It makes my device better it makes my device much faster. For example the 3G on 4.2.1 was AWFUL! But whited00r makes it run great. I wish more people would make CFW and put it out there. But I agree with the commenter above I can hardly believe this is being talked about here because these CFW are modifying Apples firmware and redistributing them.

    I have been using Whited00r for many many months and no issues what so ever. Try it if you have an older device you will love it. But you may need iReb to put your device in a Pwned state to get the CFW on your device.. DFU mode won't cut it.
    Glad to gear a first hand account. Thanks!

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  7. #27
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,811
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 983 Times in 724 Posts

    WhiteD00r is copyright infringement. Links removed. Thanks to @rpetrich for the tip.

  8. #28
    Green Apple Jastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I should have never sold my old idevices........

  9. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    Just installed it on my original (unjailbroken) iPhone. It now has reminders, newsstand, terminal, an
    icon for video (which is really just cycorder when it opens up) and Cydia. However, homescreen wallpapers, folders and multitasking are not working for me. Icons and wallpapers have been updated to resemble ios5 though.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    I believe this would make the device incredibly laggy, as i used to have an ipod touch 2g 4.2.1, and just simple tweaks like enabling homescreen wallpaper and theming would make the device either 1. Lag lag lag or 2. An all expenses paid trip to the safe mode islands

    But i am very impressed by the fact that this can even be done!
    (null)

  11. #31
    What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    For iPod touch mc model you will have to wait for Redd00r. Which will be released soon enough and it will be iOS 4 based.

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    I believe this would make the device incredibly laggy, as i used to have an ipod touch 2g 4.2.1, and just simple tweaks like enabling homescreen wallpaper and theming would make the device either 1. Lag lag lag or 2. An all expenses paid trip to the safe mode islands

    But i am very impressed by the fact that this can even be done!
    I havent tried it yet. But its being said that it not causes lag.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  13. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    I lied. A reboot fixed the issues. It's pretty solid, actually. Much better than a 3G with ios4.

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    O yeah I completely forgot about yellowd00r. It it is the first jailbreak tool like cydia for your Mac. It will be released after redd00r. The custom firmware is actually faster than the original firmware because it takes out useless things you don't need so you can have a faster device.

  15. #35
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    WhiteD00r is copyright infringement. Links removed. Thanks to @rpetrich for the tip.
    It is?

  16. #36
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,999
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    It is?
    Distributing modified copyright material is infringement. That's why we don't allow custom firmware links on MMi and also one of the reasons why the jailbreak teams distribute tools to do it yourself instead of making custom firmwares for you. The tools are legal.

  17. #37
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm pretty sure my iPhone 2G keeled over when I installed iOS 3 so I will definitely not try this haha.

  18. #38
    What's Jailbreak? Maverick00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'm still running an iPhone 3G as my day to day phone... But after trying so many things just to try and emulate features like Multitasking, I realized that these devices aren't capable of (at least to my standard of speed and usage) being used in a comfortable day to day use.

    The only thing I would care to have from iOS 5 is notification center (which isn't even included [obviously, as stated above]) and Reminders application. Everything else to me at this point is negligible since there are already tweaks that imitate things like iOS wallpaper, albeit in less integrated and slight lower form.

  19. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    It is?

    Yep, and so is running your Ripped ROM files on an emulator… /sarcasm

    In other news, this wasn't the best time to do a review on us… (In my opinion)…
    We have things to sort out, like links to App-Pirating sites ON THE FREAKING HOMEPAGE…

    -FinkMac, "Feature Dev", Whited00r

  20. #40
    Green Apple Hexane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 30 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    WhiteD00r is copyright infringement. Links removed. Thanks to @rpetrich for the tip.
    I already said that, shame it takes somebody with his public image to do this.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts