+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S: Supply Catching Up With Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Shipping time is now only 3-5 business days. In what used to be an extremely long waiting time for ordering an iPhone 4S because of the congested demand for the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S: Supply Catching Up With Demand

Shipping time is now only 3-5 business days.

In what used to be an extremely long waiting time for ordering an iPhone 4S because of the congested demand for the product, the iPhone 4S can now be shipped in just a few days. It has been three months since the initial iPhone 4S release in October when demand was so high that it crashed the ordering portion of the Web site for Apple, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. Since then, demand has come down drastically while the people who wanted their very own iPhone 4S have received it already.

The new shipping time of three to five business days is a great improvement over the previous one to three week wait. One thing that many of us hate about ordering things online is waiting to actually receive the item in our own hands. Shipping has always been one of the things that we despise.

The iPhone 4S broke the record for selling the most amount of units on the first day of release of any other iPhone. Demand was certainly high. Demand continues to be high for the handset since it encompasses an eight megapixel camera that shoots in 1080p and takes amazingly high quality still photographs. The graphics processing unit inside of it has made it an iOS gaming hit for developers such as Chair that made Infinity Blade II and showed off the GPU's abilities at the iPhone 4S unveiling. We think that the release of the iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak for A5 devices might even add a small spur to the iPhone 4S sales as well.

If you have not bought an iPhone 4S yet because of the fact that there is no jailbreak for it or because you thought the shipping time was ridiculous, then you might want to consider picking one up now. We expect that the A5 jailbreak will be ready within a couple of weeks and you will certainly want to buy an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 and not iOS 5.1. By then, it will be too late for you to have the untethered jailbreak.

Will you buy an iPhone 4S with the new expedited shipping dates? Share in the comments.

Sources: Cult of Mac

Thanks

A few weeks for the 4s jailbreak??? I hope not. Now that would be a farce!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc911 View Post
    A few weeks for the 4s jailbreak??? I hope not. Now that would be a farce!!!!
    and in a few months when the i phone 5 is released we will be playing catch up once again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice if Apple released a product every 2 years rather than a year or less!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    and in a few months when the i phone 5 is released we will be playing catch up once again.
    I would highly doubt an iPhone release this year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Really? Why wouldn't they tho? It can be a year from 4S, do this October, I think this sounds like something apple would do

Thanks

You think!?!? I really hope not. I need an upgrade from my iPhone 4. Seems like the 4s was just "pushed out" to satisfy customers while they where waiting for bigger improvements for the iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called). I would see them not releasing an iPad this year before not releasing an iPhone. Just my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, according to this article: Report: iPad 3 in Production, Ready By March
    The iPad 3 is already in production.

Thanks

Well, with most apple related news(rumors) I don't believe until it's confirmed by apple.

Thanks

I've read some idiotic things posted on this site, but never would I have thought I'd see the dumbest of all coming from contributor.

Thanks

....Damn dude. He was just stating his opinion. At this point that's all we have is each others opinions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    I've read some idiotic things posted on this site, but never would I have thought I'd see the dumbest of all coming from contributor.
    Ouch there goes your credibility.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It might be just that the sales numbers (source: • Apple iPhone: Sales by quarter 2007-2011 | Statistic ) have been down in the 4th quarter by a couple of million iPhones, maybe even a bigger decrease than apple expected.

But well, it good to see they are finaly catching up with demand, despite the international rollours still occuring.

I would probably expect a new iPhone this year though. I don't think with the growing competition that Apple would really want a year without a new product.

Thanks

Ouch there goes your credibility.
    Well at least I had some to begin with. 5 years straight of releasing an iPhone and they are just going to magically for no reason stop this year.