+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Developing Water-Resistant iPhone 5?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by justibackwardsn If I were Apple, I'm not sure I'd confirm or deny the use of this product. Sure it will make a fantastic selling point, but it
    *T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justibackwardsn View Post
    If I were Apple, I'm not sure I'd confirm or deny the use of this product. Sure it will make a fantastic selling point, but it might cause some people to be more lax or even go as far as testing the products protection.
    Apple doesn't give a damn haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    This is amateur business. Real business is about making great products (sound familiar?). They've never been about quantity (eg, selling more phones to people who break them). Besides the fact that it's plain stupid and childish for Apple to try to profit off broken phones, Apple'll get many new customers by having the "first waterproof phone."
    Finally some sense!!! Pass up on an amazing feature that could easily add another 25% to their sales numbers all because of the amount of money they make on damaged phones........riiiiiiighhhhhhtttt. THIS brilliant philosophy is what has made Apple the multi-billion dollar tech giant it is today. Sometimes the level of stupidity....

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liambakerg View Post
    I'm not sure if i believe this 100%... I personally think that Apple do make a fortune from broken/damaged phones. Just for example if you were to crack/smash the screen on an iPhone 4 you are looking at a possible $200 bill to have it repaired (This figure might not be 100% accurate and can change depending on how nice the Genius behind the Bar is) when it costs Apple themselves $188 to build the whole phone. If they were not out to make money on customers they would repair that at cost price + labour and be done with it. If they weren't making money on fixing iPhones then there wouldn't be such a market out there for all of these other iPhone repair services.
    Yes, but making money off broken screens didn't stop Apple from putting in the strongest and hardest one available, now did it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is from the Razor phone page " Spilt coffee? Caught in the rain? No problem. This phone is protected with a splash-guard coating — even the electrical boards inside."so Apple not gonna be the first to market this type of technology but they will probably be the most successful

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

google "#1 phone dropped in water" ...sigh..

Thanks

I can totally see those Strident Gum commercials in my head as I'm reading this article, but instead Apple would be hunting down people and breaking their idevices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    I think the company official is blowing smoke, trying to impress investors. Apple would have acquired them by now if there were plans to be used in 2 years.
    Well it's a lot involved with doing something like this besides just doing it. I'm sure money is a big issue.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple should parter up with www.neverwet.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liambakerg View Post
    Apple make an absolute fortune from people breaking their iDevice due to water damage. I can't see them signing up to this...
    But there is good point though for people who claims new idevice due to either insurance or it's warranty. It's still loss for the company...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ohmaigoshh!!!! Finally!!!! Now I don't have to worry about not using my iPhone in the rain OR shower!!! FTW.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would they offer a water-resistant iPhone at all? People should just not dip there iPhones into lakes.. And at this point they would have to start dealing with all those people who claim that their iPhone actually broke with water damage.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12