+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Put Display Brightness Buttons On Your Home Screen With SBBrightnessButtons

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Chuck1969 Messages wouldn't open after the update. Can I have your dpkg.log file? Send me and e-mail thru cydia and I'll get it. Originally Posted by cruid
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
    Messages wouldn't open after the update.
    Can I have your dpkg.log file? Send me and e-mail thru cydia and I'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cruid View Post
    I used funbox to install this .deb file and restarted the iphone the manual way by holding the POWER + HOME buttons for 10seconds. This time it did not freeze until I got the the springboard and clicked the + sign 3 times in a row and it froze again. After I waited 3 minutes while typing this it automatically resprung and started working just fine. I rebooted the phone just now and it seems to be working just fine but now i have "No Service"???
    It's probably a confilct with another tweak.

Please send me your dpkg.log via e-mail (just use cydia). thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice little app. Unfortunately it broke/prevented Displayout 1.6.5. from working at all! After uninstalling it, Displayout works perfectly again ��✌

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cykey View Post
    Can I have your dpkg.log file? Send me and e-mail thru cydia and I'll get it.

It's probably a confilct with another tweak.

Please send me your dpkg.log via e-mail (just use cydia). thanks
    I ran the latest redsn0w and jailbroke my iphone 4 gsm 5.0.1 again without installing cydia and while it was running on my phone I noticed it was echoing back about repairing file structures. My phone is now ok. I think I'll stay away from installing it for the time being. Can't believe this wasn't stable before a review like this, explanation usually helps your rep Cykey.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruid View Post
    I ran the latest redsn0w and jailbroke my iphone 4 gsm 5.0.1 again without installing cydia and while it was running on my phone I noticed it was echoing back about repairing file structures. My phone is now ok. I think I'll stay away from installing it for the time being. Can't believe this wasn't stable before a review like this, explanation usually helps your rep Cykey.
    I am really, really sorry about this. I've tested the tweak on all of my devices and it was working like a charm. I'm doing my best to fix these problems.

Thanks for your understanding!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Guys you better off with "Brightness Activator Action" and set it to swipe left and right on the status bar to adjust the brightness. This is so far the best tweak for adjusting brightness. Instant access and instant action!

Can't live without it and I have to live with an unjailbroken iPhone 4S :/
    this is the way to go! Thanks for the suggestion.

I am really, really sorry about this. I've tested the tweak on all of my devices and it was working like a charm. I'm doing my best to fix these problems.

I cannot find or the contact link in cydia is not working for your email. I should be able to find that file and send it to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the phiLL View Post
    umm.. i just tried to re-jb but it left this stupid SBBrighten thing on there so... it's still freezing. How do I go about removing this???

ModMyI, do the responsible thing and mention that this piece of sh*t mod is more harm then good. :-/ dammit.

Edit: For those that accidentally installed this and froze their phone. I used diskaid to go into the root folder then library>mobilesubstrate>dynamiclibraries then located the two SBBrightness files one is the .plist and the other is the .dylib, deleted those files, then resprung my phone. back to normal thank god.
    Thanks for the info. You saved my phone, time....and life.

Awesome idea I will try it one more time. This hick-up taught me how to use iFunbox on my PC.
    Last edited by Ironlocal86; 01-16-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

So far so good with the .deb file.

Thanks
    Installed and it crashes iMessage. Can't be going around with no texts lol. Hope they get the bugs out its seems very useful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
    So far so good with the .deb file.
    The one I posted here?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon View Post
    Installed and it crashes iMessage. Can't be going around with no texts lol. Hope they get the bugs out its seems very useful.
    Can you try this deb file? thanks

com.cykey.sbbrightnessbuttons_0.0.1-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
    Last edited by Cykey; 01-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ugh, I've been without a phone all damn evening because of this tweak man!!! WTH!!! Ok, so here's the deal, when the lockscreen loads it just freezes hard. I have to do a hard reset to get it to reboot, then it just returns to the lock screen and freezes. It won't boot into safe mode. Did you not build your tweak in the confines of mobilsubstrate? What can I do to get my phone working other than restoring it? I keep my tweaks very light, I have the following installed: lockscreenfx, unlockfx, barrel, and that's about it that I can imagine this'd interfere with.

I'm trying to use iFunBox to install this .deb you're posting. I've never used iFunBox and I don't normally use Windows, but since the PC still recognizes that my iPhone is plugged in, I drop this deb into the app, then do the safe eject thing, it says it'll install the new .deb on boot, i reboot, same crap, what do you need? How can I get my phone to work again?

actually, just got it to work, the first time i didn't do the safe eject thing, this time i did, installed the new .deb i guess since it now boots (I had rebooted atleast 10 times to no avail). now i can get into cydia and uninstall this crap!!!
    Last edited by Kevin Hulett; 01-16-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing a good 3-4 hours didn't cure!
    It's all good now

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow thanks for telling us about this one. Fail.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I would like to see a mod that puts an icon on your springboard, and to activate it you hold your finger on it for a second and a vertical slider appears. This would be good for both volume and brightness.

Or, even better, an icon that you tap and the brightness goes down instantly to 30% (or whatever you configure it for), no matter what brightess was set at prior. A 20% button and a 55% button would be all I need.

Banned
    Thanks

Why they cant make it like this.

Last edited by jOnGarrett; 01-17-2012 at 08:39 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Awesome to have buttons for brightess, as sliders are a major-***** pain on a touchscreen - but SBB disables a LOT of Activator functions ... so with a heavy heart, I've had to give it the heave-ho.

Now, if the developer could increase its intercompatibility and allow the buttons to be repositioned/resized, it would be one of the single most useful apps on Cydia.

WOW!
    How bizarre is that.
    After posting the above, I open Cydia to uninstall SBB - and there are updates to it and Activator which re-enable all the lost Activator functions.

It's enough to turn an Atheist religious.
    God, if you do exist - thankyou very much.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 01-17-2012 at 04:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAPcadetJC View Post
    Wow thanks for telling us about this one. Fail.
    I have to agree, Modmyi has been my resource to find out about jailbreaking news, updates to apple hardware and new apps and tweaks to try out on my jailbroken iPhone. After 4 years of jailbreaking, bricking phones, crap tweaks and countless restores and lost DAYS worth of hours fixing, restoring, and re-jailbreaking I'm bout done trying out anything else until I see it is completely tested and working anymore.

Thanks

Installed twice, once before and once after the fix. Won't download this tweak again.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    I have to agree, Modmyi has been my resource to find out about jailbreaking news, updates to apple hardware and new apps and tweaks to try out on my jailbroken iPhone. After 4 years of jailbreaking, bricking phones, crap tweaks and countless restores and lost DAYS worth of hours fixing, restoring, and re-jailbreaking I'm bout done trying out anything else until I see it is completely tested and working anymore.

4" years of jailbreaking, bricking crap tweaks and countless restores and lost Days worth of hours fixing, restoring and re-jailbreaking" seriously dude? why not just get a phone that can do what you want instead of having a phone that forces you to do what it wants. this is 50% of the reason why I switched from iOS to Android. I can have all that I want without having to do all this stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    4" years of jailbreaking, bricking crap tweaks and countless restores and lost Days worth of hours fixing, restoring and re-jailbreaking" seriously dude? why not just get a phone that can do what you want instead of having a phone that forces you to do what it wants. this is 50% of the reason why I switched from iOS to Android. I can have all that I want without having to do all this stuff.
    For a better product.

Banned
    Thanks

that's a false statement if I ever saw one. its obviously not a better product if you have to hack it to make it do all the things the competition's device can do. but If that's what makes you feel better then Im not going to get into one of those tit-for-tat fan boy fights with you.

people like us know how to do all these things, we know how to find solutions to our problems and address the shortcomings of the OS but your average user knows nothing, if it don't work out the box, they're lost.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12