Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b4 With iBooks Fix

But he said to uncheck install cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMonkey77 View Post
    But he said to uncheck install cydia
    If You have Cydia uncheck "install Cydia" and check "iBooks fix"

if you don't have Cydia then check "install Cydia" and "iBooks fix"
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Ok but I don't use iBooks

Thanks

Ok but I don't use iBooks
    Then just check "install Cydia"

Ok that's all I need thanks man!

Thanks

Ok that's all I need thanks man!
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    I had a similar issue after installing a cydia packag. Can't remember which one. The music icon was white. Tried rebooting and using redsnow to tether reboot and still nothing changed.
    What u need to do is install sbsettings and respring. Don't reboot just respring and u should get back your regular icon
    Thanks for that tip
    just installing sbsettings fixed the problem didnt even need to respring :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, all

I normally just read, read, read and have learned a lot, but now i have a question. I tried to run Redsn0w over my existing jailbreak and it didn't work. I have my baseband preserved on 1.59.00 and have been doing custom ipsw's for a while now. I get the error "that ipsw is not supported by this version of redsn0w". I then created a new custom ipsw and still got the same error so my question is " Is there a certain way to re-jailbreak over a current redsn0w jailbreak with the new redsn0w 0.9.10b4 without totally restoring and starting over" ?

iphone 4
    ios 5.0.1
    baseband 1.59.00 unlocked with ****sn0w
    AT&T

Thanks, Gerald

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Netflix not working...
    Quote Originally Posted by uwishu View Post
    Netflix still broken though it did fix iBooks as advertised. Has anyone else figured out how to get Netflix working again?
    I had the same problem with Netflix, HBO GO not working after a jailbreak. I found that I had a application called Allplay installed, once I removed that everything worked perfectly. If thats not it, its probably a Cydia package you have installed that is making that specific app crash! Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by g1moore35 View Post
    Hi, all

I normally just read, read, read and have learned a lot, but now i have a question. I tried to run Redsn0w over my existing jailbreak and it didn't work. I have my baseband preserved on 1.59.00 and have been doing custom ipsw's for a while now. I get the error "that ipsw is not supported by this version of redsn0w". I then created a new custom ipsw and still got the same error so my question is " Is there a certain way to re-jailbreak over a current redsn0w jailbreak with the new redsn0w 0.9.10b4 without totally restoring and starting over" ?

iphone 4
    ios 5.0.1
    baseband 1.59.00 unlocked with ****sn0w
    AT&T

Thanks, Gerald
    The custom firmware .ipsw with the Baseband Preservation is only for the actual upgrade in iTunes. When you use Redsn0w for the Jailbreak you need to point it to a stock 5.0.1 .ipsw, not the NO_BB_iPhone....ipsw. For the Jailbreak your baseband will not be touched. Good luck.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FireSpyder For This Useful Post:

g1moore35 (01-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    The custom firmware .ipsw with the Baseband Preservation is only for the actual upgrade in iTunes. When you use Redsn0w for the Jailbreak you need to point it to a stock 5.0.1 .ipsw, not the NO_BB_iPhone....ipsw. For the Jailbreak your baseband will not be touched. Good luck.

Thank you for the quick response.

Gerald

ummmm... what ibooks fix? i was reading books off my phone fine with the previous redsn0w and the ibooksfix2 tweak. i updated redsn0w, as directed. tried ibooks. didnt work. deleted ibooksfix2. still didnt work. hmm...

Thanks

:begintrollinghere: It kills me how many people are constantly complaining about not having an A5 jailbreak. Stfu already and go make one yourself. Nobody forced u into buying an A5 device. FFS keep your banana hammocks on and just be patient. :endtroll:

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    If You have Cydia uncheck "install Cydia" and check "iBooks fix"

if you don't have Cydia then check "install Cydia" and "iBooks fix"
    Do not give advice if you have not use this jailbreak. There is no check box for "iBooks fix", it does so automatically. I ran this over the b3 and it worked just fine.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed the corona update via Cydia as suggested over the b4 version now my email crashes when I try to read it, hell I can live without ibooks but I need my email. I have to wonder out loud about who is doing the testing before releasing these updates. it should be more than the development community, every dev I have ever worked with says "it ran on my system" . A wider audience is needed for testing, the current method is not working. I do appreciate all the hard work the devs do. I have done QA for a long time and would be willing to test these on my phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I installed the corona update via Cydia as suggested over the b4 version now my email crashes when I try to read it, hell I can live without ibooks but I need my email. I have to wonder out loud about who is doing the testing before releasing these updates. it should be more than the development community, every dev I have ever worked with says "it ran on my system" . A wider audience is needed for testing, the current method is not working. I do appreciate all the hard work the devs do. I have done QA for a long time and would be willing to test these on my phone.
    Try uninstalling the corona package. If you ran redsn0w b4 then you don't need the corona package. Corona update was to install over b3 or rerun redsn0w b4 over b3 (uncheck "install Cydia").

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Sorry but they won't trust rats like us to deal with their precious exploits. Imagine us as spies for Apple, sending every little update to Apple so they can easily patch the vulnerabilities. (SARCASM, but true)

On a more serious note, you must have done something wrong. You should have ran b4 over b3 like I did.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 01-16-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    keep your banana hammocks on
    Love it. Will be using that one in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    You will NOT have any Cydia packages. If you want the iBooks fix you can run redsn0w over the jailbreak. Make sure you have "install Cydia " unchecked. Just check "I books fix".
    wait a minute. because i saw this, i just had to redo it. i dont see no check box for ibooksfix. youre seeing things. weirdo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast