Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Want to Make Your Volume Step Customizable?

Default [Review] Want to Make Your Volume Step Customizable?

No, that's too loud. No, that's too quiet. Man, I wish I could have it right in between.

How would you like it if you could control exactly how intense or how little effect the volume button has on increasing and decreasing volume? A tweak that was just released today that goes by the name of Volume Step by iOS developer Luke Young. It's great for when you're listening to music and want a volume increment that's in between the stock iOS increments. It won't make navigating through volume any faster, but it will offer you more accurate volume adjustments.

Usually, you can use the volume sliders to adjust your volume just where you want it. But, all iDevices come with volume buttons too. The default volume step for iOS is that tapping the up button once moves the volume up one bar, and taping the down button once moves the volume down one bar. With Volume Step, you can adjust that rate so that you can reach increments in between each bar. One good way to think of this is when you want a volume between silent and the first volume bar. With this tweak you get reach volume levels of half of a volume bar or lower by tapping the buttons.

With stock iOS, volume buttons adjust the volume by 100% of a step. With Volume Step, you can change that to an amount anywhere from 30-80% (counting by ten) of a step. By default, when you install Volume Step, 50% will be selected. What this means is that it will take two presses of the up volume button to increase the volume by one bar, or two presses of the down volume button to decrease the volume by one bar. The lower the percent, the more presses it will take to adjust your volume. The nigher the number, the less presses it will take to adjust your volume.

Volume Step isn't for everyone. The negative part of using it is that it will require that you press the volume buttons much more frequently to get the most accurate volume increments. On a positive note, you will be able to have more precise volume control with the hardware of your iDevice that you could only get with the software sliders. This tweak is only good if you're a frequent listener to media. If not, then it really won't prove useful to you.

Volume Step adds a settings cell to your Settings application, shown above. You can enable or disable the tweak at any time with a switch without even needing to uninstall it. This makes it convenient if you want to enable it only when you're listening to music and turn it off for any other circumstances.

Name: Volume Step
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Luke Young
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Do you think that Volume Step will help you listen to your music at more desirable volume levels? Share in the comments.

Sources: Luke Young

Thats cool.using it now.seems good so far.

This is a tweak I like, the amount of times I have been laying in bed trying to watch something on 1 bar and my girlfriend tells me it's too loud.. Either I download this when the 4S jailbreak is released or I tell the Missus to sleep on the sofa!

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice

This is what jailbreaking is all about. Improving and fixing little annoyances that Apple forgot/overlooked. Awesome.

This is a pretty nice little tweak. Now I just wish there was a jailbreak for my iPod Nano (aka, my workout device).

This has actually been proven useful to me