+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: P0sixninja: "This A5 Jailbreak Is Quickly Becoming the Most Amazing One Yet!!!"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
P0sixninja is a member of the A5 dream team. The A5 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1, the one that we've all be waiting for is getting so close to completion
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default P0sixninja: "This A5 jailbreak is quickly becoming the most amazing one yet!!!"

P0sixninja is a member of the A5 dream team.

The A5 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1, the one that we've all be waiting for is getting so close to completion that we're starting to smell the scent of it coming from the dream team's oven. It smells just as good as your grandma's cookies doesn't it? One dream team member, p0sixninja (also known as Joshua Hill) tweeted on Twitter shortly ago that the, "A5 jailbreak is quickly become the most amazing one yet". We know that a lot of work has gone into this jailbreak and the time put into it reflects upon their hard work which has been going on for weeks, even before the alliance of the dream team, when iOS hacker pod2g was single-handedly working on it.

We know that the jailbreak is only a while away and that the hackers are racing the clock to get it released. Developers will certainly take advantage of the moment to release new tweaks that only the iPhone 4S can use right now, such as Siri plugins. We also know that the jailbreak for the iPhone 4S will open more doors for the Siri port to older iOS devices; something that we have been anticipating since the release of the iPhone 4S.

While the jailbreak isn't necessarily being completed quickly, it's certainly becoming a hit quickly. The A5 jailbreak is so highly anticipated that even people who were stubbornly and comfortably using the iOS 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak already on their iPad 2 are updating to iOS 5.0.1 tonight with the news that iOS 5.1 (coming shortly) closes the Corona untethered jailbreak. P0sixninja didn't say that the jailbreak was almost done, but only that it's becoming amazing. It makes you wonder why. Maybe because the dream team is getting a lot of great work done in an orderly manner? We must admire how hard that they are working together to beat Apple at their game.

With the constant updates from each of the hackers on a daily basis, we are proud to say that the jailbreak we are waiting for is in good hands. If you have an A5 device, please take time tonight or tomorrow to update to iOS 5.0.1 and make sure that you don't update to iOS 5.1 if you want an untethered jailbreak. There is no bootrom exploit for the A5 devices yet so there won't even be a tethered jailbreak if you update to iOS 5.1. Only A4 devices have the hope for a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1 at this point in time.

Get those devices on iOS 5.0.1 folks, the window is closing.

Sources: p0sixninja
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-13-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks

Sweet!! Starting to get excited now!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm wish i could try its amazingness on my 32 GB 4S. Great job to everyone involved!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so ready..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Me too ^^^

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing that really sucks is with there being no way to downgrade on the 4S right now you could get stuck having to upgrade IF you have an issue with jailbreaking or some other issue (once 5.1 is released). I'm pretty sure TU has been updated to save the APTickets/SHSH for the 4S so hopefully after the exploit is completely found and released somebody will quickly find a way to resolve that issue. I've been using my i4 due to no jb for the 4S so I'm getting on right now and updating my 4S to 5.0.1 and saving the APTicket/SHSH so I have then before 5.1 is released.

Great work Dream Team, we're all excited to see how amazing this jb is and will be....

Thanks

Nice! Cant wait
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Wow no where did he say anything we didn't already know. This site is starting to feed into the hype. It's so close you can smell it cooking in their oven, what? Really? He never said wow we're this close and it's amazing. He just said that it's turning into the most amazing one yet. Now how I take this is the "tricks/exploits" used In the POC (and maybe the actual jailbreak) to obtain payloads needed are going in a way never expected. Like 5 userland exploits to achieve injection, which is amazing in itself, if it were true.

Now what I'm seeing is people (including mods) on this site saying upgrade now or you'll miss out, 5.1 is coming soon update now, and other miss leading info. Which is true 5.1 is coming soon, but not this week or next for that matter. The 4s people have no reason not to upgrade now but people on 4.3.3 jail broke really there's no hurry until you see the GM released. The mods and the news writers should know this if they have been around and actually followed the betas. The expiration date of the beta USUALLY gives the rough time frame for testing said beta. Beta 2 expired the 12th of this month beta 3 released what three days before 2 expired. There has always been a GM release before a public release heck sometimes two GMs get releasted before going public. So please stop feeding the trolls, stuff like this causes the negative comments and posts no one likes to see.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity when the A5 jailbreak is released will it make it easier to unlock baseband 04.11.08?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Wow no where did he say anything we didn't already know. This site is starting to feed into the hype. It's so close you can smell it cooking in their oven, what? Really? He never said wow we're this close and it's amazing. He just said that it's turning into the most amazing one yet. Now how I take this is the "tricks/exploits" used In the POC (and maybe the actual jailbreak) to obtain payloads needed are going in a way never expected. Like 5 userland exploits to achieve injection, which is amazing in itself, if it were true.

Now what I'm seeing is people (including mods) on this site saying upgrade now or you'll miss out, 5.1 is coming soon update now, and other miss leading info. Which is true 5.1 is coming soon, but not this week or next for that matter. The 4s people have no reason not to upgrade now but people on 4.3.3 jail broke really there's no hurry until you see the GM released. The mods and the news writers should know this if they have been around and actually followed the betas. The expiration date of the beta USUALLY gives the rough time frame for testing said beta. Beta 2 expired the 12th of this month beta 3 released what three days before 2 expired. There has always been a GM release before a public release heck sometimes two GMs get releasted before going public. So please stop feeding the trolls, stuff like this causes the negative comments and posts no one likes to see.
    mod edit: removed Do not insult other members, report them if you see an issue

He/she's still a 3G owner so why the hump would you give a smelly pile? Go be negative elsewhere
    Last edited by Simon; 01-13-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywu View Post
    Just out of curiosity when the A5 jailbreak is released will it make it easier to unlock baseband 04.11.08?
    Nope. The baseband is a separate chip. If you need unlock that bad buy a factory unlocked phone it's that easy. I don't believe anyone's even working on it so you'll be waiting along time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never seen so much fanfare on twitter. We went from it's coming...made some progress...hopped over some hurdles etc and lately it's been it's coming! It's amazing, spectacular, pixie fairy dust magical clapping fanfare hooray. We blew past Steve jobs level of description and went Steve Balmer! Lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    removed
    So because I'm A3gOwner on here that's what I own? Well it's actually true I do own a 3G and at least one of every other model they've made. Look a my profile you will see I've been here since 09 which the 3G was current at time. Im guessing you think I'm a troll because I speak the truth about this, so be it. Chances are I've forgotten more about the iPhone than you even know so before you call someone a grumpy *** old lady you should actually know if what they are saying is true. You may not want to hear it but calling someone a troll because they are trying to help people understand is being a troll in itself.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-13-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,933 Posts

I will agree with one thing you said. If someone is on 4.3.3 and happily jailbroken then no, there is no rush to update right now. But be wary, especially if you are an iPad 2 owner, that once 5.1 is released 5.0.1 will not be accessible (once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, which has generally been 1-2 days after a new firmware release). So the message should be if you are an A4 owner save your SHSH and apticket for 5.0.1. If you are an iPad 2 owner on 4.3.3 keep watch of the news and see when 5.1 drops and/or the 5.0.1 A5 jailbreak drops. When it does go to 5.0.1 ASAP if you want to jailbreak. If you are an iPad 2 owner on anything but 4.3.3 then you may as well go to 5.0.1 now and wait for the jailbreak. If you are a iPhone 4S owner you should go to 5.0.1 now and wait for the jailbreak.

Agreed?

So, I am not sure why you are attacking MMi writers and mods. The only people who dont have to rush to update right now in my view are iPad 2 owners on 4.3.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ill definately be sending some money their way!
    My iPad2 and 4s patiently awaits!

Thanks

Sorry Simon I wasn't attacking writers or mods. I agree with what you said and it's basically what I said. Its just that posting stuff like this leads to the negative comments and flame wars on the dev blogs and on here. I may have come off wrong and I'm sorry if I did.

Thanks

So because I'm A3gOwner on here that's what I own? Well it's actually true I do own a 3G and at least one of every other model they've made. Look a my profile you will see I've been here since 09 which the 3G was current at time. Im guessing you think I'm a troll because I speak the truth about this, so be it. Chances are I've forgotten more about the iPhone than you even know so before you call someone a grumpy *** old lady you should actually know if what they are saying is true. You may not want to hear it but calling someone a troll because they are trying to help people understand is being a troll in itself.
    mod edit: removed

EDIT: wow I take back what I said, it takes a big man to apologize.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-13-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,933 Posts

Sorry Simon I wasn't attacking writers or mods. I agree with what you said and it's basically what I said. Its just that posting stuff like this leads to the negative comments and flame wars on the dev blogs and on here. I may have come off wrong and I'm sorry if I did.
    It's cool. I get what you were saying (for the most part), and agree with your view for iPad 2 users on 4.3.3.

Flame wars, negative comments will always be present in comments, no matter what the story. Nature of the beast lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's unfortunate for me to say this will be my first time donating for a jailbreak, but I'm thinking at least $25 a Dream Team member. Too little? My first time

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if this happens soon, i may just pick up a contract 4s

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast