Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1 Patches Corona Untethered Jailbreak: Update to iOS 5.0.1 While You Still Can!

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Im waiting because i want to keep the 5.0 Baseband in hopes of an unlock that @MuscleNerd mentioned for the 4S and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll port corona to 5.0. Or at least wait for the devs to mention anything more about it. And before i hear a bunch of people say "if you want an unlocked iPhone then you should just buy one!" ,i dont need the unlocked one because im on AT&T but would like mine to be unlockable in the future for increased resale value. I dont want to spend a million dollars on one.
    The extra $100 you make isn't worth losing the chance to jailbreak and end up waiting much longer for another jailbreak or even worst no jailbreak at all. I weighed out the pros and cons and I updated so should you.

I guess I'll be using the noOTA Badge tweak soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Can I just have the 5.0.1 restore IPSW and be okay to update later?
    I'm at home with no wifi within thirteen miles and my car is being repaired.
    If 5.1 cones out, that will be useless
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Im waiting because i want to keep the 5.0 Baseband in hopes of an unlock that @MuscleNerd mentioned for the 4S and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll port corona to 5.0. Or at least wait for the devs to mention anything more about it. And before i hear a bunch of people say "if you want an unlocked iPhone then you should just buy one!" ,i dont need the unlocked one because im on AT&T but would like mine to be unlockable in the future for increased resale value. I dont want to spend a million dollars on one.
    Good luck with that... it's looking like iOS 5.1 will be out before any iOS 5.0.1 baseband solution.

Man you scared me when i first read the title. Im at work and my 4S is at home still on 5.0. I think you need to be a little more clearer in your article that 5.1 has not been released yet and is still in beta.
    Conversely, you could use the power of reading rather than trying to drag the rest of us down to your level.

Thanks

On a 4s yes get on 5.0.1 and wait. As for ipad2 gsm users on 4.3.3 jb that cant live without the jb just wait. They will not Go live with an update like everyone makes it seem without a GM release first. It's still in beta.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

An unlocked iPhone doesn't cost a million dollars. And if you sell it with a software unlock, whenever the buyer updates they'll lose they're unlock...

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    If 5.1 cones out, that will be useless
    How will it useless?
    I can't just update at home?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    How will it useless?
    I can't just update at home?
    Not without the Internet. iTunes needs to sign a few things for the restore to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    And hope the jailbreak works on the 9A405 and not just 9A406, or you will be doubly screwed for waiting.
    You'd think if there were a working 4S JB in progress, the devs would have publicized this?
    After all, it's soon going to be too late if you're on the wrong firmware :-(

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Not without the Internet. iTunes needs to sign a few things for the restore to go through.
    Is there anyway I can just download 5.0.1 online and just update?
    (downloads are fine I just use my iPhones Download application.)

You have 4S which has no jailbreak yet and you are still waiting to update? Use the OTA update and shutup already. And hope the jailbreak works on the 9A405 and not just 9A406, or you will be doubly screwed for waiting.
    Am I missing something here? Are you referring to just the 4S? On the iPad 2, I'm on 5.0.1....my build(version) number is 9A405. IF they release the JB it'll be fine as long as we're at 5.0.1 right? This 9A406 doesn't apply to to the iPad 2's correct?

iPhone 4s users will have to decide wether the battery fix or the jailbreak. Tough decision IMO.
    I think that is apples b-s way of getting you to update and break the jailbreak. They said that before and people updated and still got sucky battery life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxnic View Post
    Am I missing something here? Are you referring to just the 4S? On the iPad 2, I'm on 5.0.1....my build(version) number is 9A405. IF they release the JB it'll be fine as long as we're at 5.0.1 right? This 9A406 doesn't apply to to the iPad 2's correct?
    Yes youll be fine. That build was only released for the 4s
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by dra_uk View Post
    Conversely, you could use the power of reading rather than trying to drag the rest of us down to your level.
    How am i bringing you down to my level? So i over-read it, so what, we all make mistakes and i admitted it. If anything im bringing you up to my level Mr. 8 total posts! Did you just join ModMyi today? And your already flaming people.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Yes youll be fine. That build was only released for the 4s
    And not all 4s saw this update. I believe it was GSM devices only cuz my Verizon 4s is on 405.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJob View Post
    im on 5.0.1. with 3 accounts "pushed" to the phone and my battery lasts all day.. no issues here.
    Same here, agree totally, no 4s battery problems at all, even on 5.0

Wonder about what? If you have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 4.3.3 and do not update to 5.0.1 before 5.1 comes out you are screwed and stuck at 4.3.3 jailbreak for ever
    That is simply not true. You can download the firmware for 5.0.1 today, and install it next week if you want. There are dozens of sites where you can download old firmwares, for every type of iPhone and iPad. I have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 4.3, and I'm not upgrading to 5.0.1 until they release a jailbreak for it. I already have the firmware for 5.0.1 saved on my computer, so I'm not worried about being stuck if I don't upgrade right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,491 Times in 7,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by staticmotions View Post
    That is simply not true. You can download the firmware for 5.0.1 today, and install it next week if you want. There are dozens of sites where you can download old firmwares, for every type of iPhone and iPad. I have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 4.3, and I'm not upgrading to 5.0.1 until they release a jailbreak for it. I already have the firmware for 5.0.1 saved on my computer, so I'm not worried about being stuck if I don't upgrade right now.
    For iPad 2 if Apple releases 5.1 and stops signing 5.0.1 then you will not be able to restore to 5.0.1. No matter how many fimrware you have downloaded. This is also the case for iPhone 4S. For all the other devices you can save your SHSH and apticket to restore to 5.0.1 with iFaith or tiny umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxnic View Post
    I have 2 iphone 4S' & one was updated to iOS 5.0.1 & got (9A405) via software update in settings on my iPhone. The other I was restoring & updated to iOS 5.0.1 & got (9A406) on my Pc with iTunes. Can somebody please clarify the whole (9A405) & (9A406) if it matters or not, as long as your on iOS 5.0.1?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast