Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 118

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 5.1 Patches Corona Untethered Jailbreak: Update to iOS 5.0.1 While You Still Can!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by no1stunna2k View Post
    I wonder about those on the iPad 2 with the 4.3.3 jailbreak
    Wonder about what? If you have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 4.3.3 and do not update to 5.0.1 before 5.1 comes out you are screwed and stuck at 4.3.3 jailbreak for ever until they figure out a jailbreak for 5.1

    I have 3 iPad 2's previously jailbroken on 4.3.3 and updated all of them to 5.0.1 in preparation for the jailbreak. I am back to stock on all 3 but worth not missing out on the 5.0.1 jailbreak when 5.1 drops.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    How about the fact that you shouldn't be in a position to be scared because your 4S should have already been updated to 5.0.1 in the first place like you were told to do last week by every single blogger in the community. I hope they release 5.1 tonight and you miss out on the jailbreak.
    I still wouldnt miss out and id be able to update cause you always have a small window of a few hours before apple stops signing the previous firmware.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Nope, once 5.1 is out you can NOT update to anything but 5.1
    Yes you can and you dont need pwned dfu or anything special because you always have a few hours before apple stops signing it.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

  3. #23
    Apple scared away the customers themselves :/

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    I still wouldnt miss out and id be able to update cause you always have a small window of a few hours before apple stops signing the previous firmware.
    You have 4S which has no jailbreak yet and you are still waiting to update? Use the OTA update and shutup already. And hope the jailbreak works on the 9A405 and not just 9A406, or you will be doubly screwed for waiting.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Wont you still be able to update from 5.0 to 5.0.1 via DFU, eventhough 5.1 is released?
    Not on a 4S once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, no.

    In hindsight, it may have been better to have kept that racoon exploit back until a release was ready for all devices. (Worst case scenario, A4 users could always have hopped back to 5.0.1.) Pod2g has been a little over-optimistic about the A5 JB progress. Planetbeing is only saying we have a theoretical proof of concept for getting out of the sandbox. What if the root access and r/w remount issues cause another roadblock? There's a good possibility that Apple won't be signing 5.0.1 once/if the 4S JB gets released. Awkward and unnecessary for them to patch racoon so quickly - limera1n is the security hole, not racoon. Can't help thinking Apple is also losing out here. They're just driving people that want to customize to Android. I thought Steve Jobs wanted to destroy Android? Right now, Apple seems to be making a pretty compelling case for switching.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    How about the fact that you shouldn't be in a position to be scared because your 4S should have already been updated to 5.0.1 in the first place like you were told to do last week by every single blogger in the community. I hope they release 5.1 tonight and you miss out on the jailbreak.
    Yes he should upgrade.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 01-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 72 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I hope someone will incorporate the 3G toggle on 5.0.1 through jailbreak. Having 3G enable all the time is definitely one of the main culprit of battery lost.
    You can turn off 3G in SBSettings. You can toggle Wifi, 3G, or Edge (data). It's already there.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Wonder about what? If you have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 4.3.3 and do not update to 5.0.1 before 5.1 comes out you are screwed and stuck at 4.3.3 jailbreak for ever until they figure out a jailbreak for 5.1

    I have 3 iPad 2's previously jailbroken on 4.3.3 and updated all of them to 5.0.1 in preparation for the jailbreak. I am back to stock on all 3 but worth not missing out on the 5.0.1 jailbreak when 5.1 drops.
    Well if you are on an iPad 2 and have SHSH's for 4.3.3 then id say update to 5.0.1 right now and stay there. Because yes you can downgrade the iPad 2 with SHSH's. And if your on an iPad 2 GSM then you just use TinyCFW to create a custom 4.3.3 with the latest BaseBand and your Downgrade will be successful. The only iPad 2 you cannot downgrade is the Verizon iPad 2.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    You can turn off 3G in SBSettings. You can toggle Wifi, 3G, or Edge (data). It's already there.
    I'm obviously talking about the 4S not the 4. Your smoking too much of that La La to figure that out.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 01-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Yes he should upgrade.
    Maybe you should read mod edit: removed do not insult other members, 5.0 doesn't matter. If he isn't on 5.0.1 when 5.1 drops he is screwed. Get a clue!
    Last edited by Simon; 01-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    If when I open Cydia on my iPad 2 (iOS 4.3.3) and it says it has SHSH for 5.0.1 does that mean I'm safe? Or should I run TinyUmbrella with my iPad plugged in just to make sure (I may have already done this...just need to know what I need to do).

    What I don't want to do is update to 5.0.1, lose my jailbreak, and then have to wait and use an iOS 5.0.1 iPad 2 with none of my awesome jailbreak tweaks.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Maybe you should read mod edit: removed do not insult other members, 5.0 doesn't matter. If he isn't on 5.0.1 when 5.1 drops he is screwed. Get a clue!
    Thus, he should upgrade to 5.0.1 while he can. No need for profanity, keep it civilized man.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    I have 3 iPad 2's previously jailbroken on 4.3.3 and updated all of them to 5.0.1 in preparation for the jailbreak. I am back to stock on all 3 but worth not missing out on the 5.0.1 jailbreak when 5.1 drops.
    That's going to hurt if the 4S/A5 JB never happens! How long are you willing to sit waiting on a stock iOS?
    Last edited by csglinux; 01-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

  14. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    Will I be able to use the SHSH to upgrade my iPad2 to 5.0.1 when the JB comes out?
    If the jailbreak cones out before the update you can update regularly.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 72 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Not on a 4S once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, no.

    In hindsight, it may have been better to have kept that racoon exploit back until a release was ready for all devices. (Worst case scenario, A4 users could always have hopped back to 5.0.1.) Pod2g has been a little over-optimistic about the A5 JB progress. Planetbeing is only saying we have a theoretical proof of concept for getting out of the sandbox. What if the root access and r/w remount issues cause another roadblock? There's a good possibility that Apple won't be signing 5.0.1 once/if the 4S JB gets released. Awkward and unnecessary for them to patch racoon so quickly - limera1n is the security hole, not racoon. Can't help thinking Apple is also losing out here. They're just driving people that want to customize to Android. I thought Steve Jobs wanted to destroy Android? Right now, Apple seems to be making a pretty compelling case for switching.
    I basically said this same thing in a different thread. Apple will lose so many customers IF they close all possibility of jailbreaking. I'll be going to Android very soon if a jb for A5 devices is nonexistent. I love the iOS hacked but honestly I think that the stock iOS is very ugly. Android also gives more options (3D, etc..) besides the option to customize. IMO there's no phone better than a jailbroke iPhone but if there's no way to jb after i4 then once my i4 is completely outdated I'll go to Android. Apple will only be hurting themselves. Most of the people I know who bought the 4S only bought it because they thought they'd have a jb for it. I hope this isn't the end of jailbreaking guys. 😔

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    You have 4S which has no jailbreak yet and you are still waiting to update? Use the OTA update and shutup already. And hope the jailbreak works on the 9A405 and not just 9A406, or you will be doubly screwed for waiting.
    Im waiting because i want to keep the 5.0 Baseband in hopes of an unlock that @MuscleNerd mentioned for the 4S and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll port corona to 5.0. Or at least wait for the devs to mention anything more about it. And before i hear a bunch of people say "if you want an unlocked iPhone then you should just buy one!" ,i dont need the unlocked one because im on AT&T but would like mine to be unlockable in the future for increased resale value. I dont want to spend a million dollars on one.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Well if you are on an iPad 2 and have SHSH's for 4.3.3 then id say update to 5.0.1 right now and stay there. Because yes you can downgrade the iPad 2 with SHSH's. And if your on an iPad 2 GSM then you just use TinyCFW to create a custom 4.3.3 with the latest BaseBand and your Downgrade will be successful. The only iPad 2 you cannot downgrade is the Verizon iPad 2.
    True, but if you downgrade back to 4.3.3 from 5.0.1 after 5.1 drops, you will not be able to re-upgrade back to 5.0.1. The fact is simple. Every iDevice (i4, i4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch) should be sitting at 5.0.1 waiting for the jailbreak, PERIOD!

    Anyone that misses out, don't whine about it.

  18. #38
    iPhone Underground A3gOwner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    1,172
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 117 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    My iPad is still jailbroken on 4.3.3, so I guess it's time to make the leap...

    Will update tonight
    Not yet. It's going to be awhile apple still has to release the GM before thinking about taking it public. They've never went beta to public before, I know there's a first for everything but it's not a bright move. Especially with the issues with ios5 and the 4s they're going to make sure it's "mostly" bug free. The beta 3 doesn't expire til march 18. My battery stayed the same with this beta just like the last few, but I didn't have battery issues to start with. It's really not much different than 5.0.1 no features I can't live without. The new Siri commands are pointless just like Siri itself. A quick google search yields results almost as fast and uses less data. I'm going to keep it for a couple more days and then downgrade my 4s back to 5.0.1.

  19. #39
    Can I just have the 5.0.1 restore IPSW and be okay to update later?
    I'm at home with no wifi within thirteen miles and my car is being repaired.

  20. #40
    iPhoneaholic s0ulp1xel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    HiltonHeadIsland, SC
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    We knew this day was coming, it was a matter of time. But it sure came fast.
    Really Fast
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •