+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Morgan Stanley Weighs in on iPhone 5 Speculation

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As you may have noticed, the past week was teeming with iPhone 5 rumors, despite the sobering fact that the next-generation smartphone isn't the next refreshed product we will see
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Morgan Stanley Weighs in on iPhone 5 Speculation

As you may have noticed, the past week was teeming with iPhone 5 rumors, despite the sobering fact that the next-generation smartphone isn't the next refreshed product we will see from Apple. But, apparently, with no major shockers in store for the iPad 3, the tech industry would prefer to buzz right along about a phone that we may not see for eight to ten more months.

Here's the latest on iPhone 5 expectations according to well-known and credible Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty. The Wall Street watcher tells Bloomberg today that her sources and expectations are mostly in line with what is being reported elsewhere at the highest-levels of the rumor stratosphere.

Apple Inc. may use new touch-panel technology for an iPhone 5 with a thinner body than previous models and might introduce the product in the quarter ending in June.
    Just days ago, Gene Munster, an analyst at Piper Jaffray, said he maintains that the iPhone 5 will see a dramatic redesign and will represent a "monster" upgrade from anything we've seen thus far.

Huberty believes the next-generation iPhone will feature Qualcomm's quad-mode chip that would let it to "run on all 3G and LTE network flavors."

"What is clear about iPhone 5 is that Apple and its supply chain are positively surprised by the demand for iPhone 4S, which increases confidence in strong sales for iPhone 5 later this year. Overall, the supply chain looks for stronger than market growth for both the iPhone (50%+ y/y vs. market 20-30%) and the iPad (20-40% growth, higher with a lower priced iPad 2)," Huberty says.

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

I'll take 2 please....

Thanks

Make the next iPhone model 4G LTE and have at least a 4 inch or more screen size and I'm sold

(Notice how I said "next iPhone model" and not iPhone 5, iPhone 6, etc. That's how it should go by until the official anoncement by Apple)
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Yes I'll take one as well!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Humm. I have a upgrade in march I might just hold off on the 4s. Really don't see a point to jump from a 4 to 4s. But Siri is pretty cool!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

I'm always going to get the "next iPhone" but this time I'm holding on to my 4S even after upgrading. It might very well be the last jailbreakable model.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

sign me up as.. i already skipped 4S

Green Apple
    Thanks

Believe me Apple would never make a device that could not be jailbroken! They are well aware of the jailbreak scene, and would lose a ton of customers if there was a no jailbreak phone. Apple is not stupid. If my iP4 was not able to be jailbroken I would of switched already!!!!!! No need to upgrade to the 4S as soon as the jailbreak comes out for the 4S you'll start seeing Siri on older devices and actually working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Make the next iPhone model 4G LTE and have at least a 4 inch or more screen size and I'm sold

(Notice how I said "next iPhone model" and not iPhone 5, iPhone 6, etc. That's how it should go by until the official anoncement by Apple)
    fingers crossed+ 3d capabilities!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    fingers crossed+ 3d capabilities!!!!
    errmm no, you can keep your 3D, that is just a waste for me. but 4G would be awesome.