Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Intel Seeking to Incorporate New Medfield Chips in Apple's iOS Devices

Thanks

Default Intel Seeking to Incorporate new Medfield Chips in Apple's iOS Devices

According to the folks over at The Telegraph, Intel recently unveiled new Medfield chips in the iPhone. According to Dave Whalen, vice president of Intel’s architecture group, Intel has spoken to Apple (amongst other manufacturers) about using the new Medfield chips in iOS devices. It was clarified by Whalen that it isn’t just the iOS platform the company is targeting.

Although it is a possibility, it doesn’t seem very likely for Apple to move to Intel chips in iOS devices, despite the company using Intel chips in Macs. Since the release of the iPhone 4, Apple continues to use its own line of processors with the help of Samsung of course. The iPhone 4 was given the A4 and the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S have been running on the A5 chip, created by Apple. As of right now, Apple’s iPad 3 is rumored to be running the quad-core A6 and going off what appears to be an apparent trend, the iPhone 5 will likely have the A6 chip as well.

As far as the Medfield chips go, what makes them unique is that it is a single core, unlike Intel’s previous chips. The Medfield uses the ARM chips’ strategy in pulling all processors into a single chip, which helps save battery life amongst many other things. For now, it seems Apple is likely to stick with its own proprietary chips. Furthermore, Samsung recently opened a factory in Texas for developing the A5 chip (which we previously reported) makes Intel’s attempt that much more interesting.

Source: The Telegraph

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This possibly could happen in the 7th Generation of iPhone I will like to see an iPhone running on intel processors!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I hope the dream team get to work on the A6 IPAD 3 jb right away so they'll have as one concept of it when the next gen iPhone drops. I'm sure that's going to be a real mother to bust. Or maybe just maybe it'll be easier 😁

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Well I hope the dream team get to work on the A6 IPAD 3 jb right away so they'll have as one concept of it when the next gen iPhone drops. I'm sure that's going to be a real mother to bust. Or maybe just maybe it'll be easier 😁
    Stupidity amazes me. Telling someone to work on jailbreaking a new product, with different hardware when it's not close to coming out yet, and when you have no idea what really goes into the process of jailbreaking a device.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpjr View Post
    Stupidity amazes me. Telling someone to work on jailbreaking a new product, with different hardware when it's not close to coming out yet, and when you have no idea what really goes into the process of jailbreaking a device.
    I think he was maybe being a bit sarcastic with that comment !. You may have missed that there !

Thanks

It amazes me the incredible stupidity that guys like this display. You are incredibly dense troll! NO ****! The iPad 3 isn't released! You dumb hick! Go troll elsewhere. Learn to understand what you read before you decide to troll on somebodies comment you ignorant dense hump!

Whooow tigers easy there..... let's not get into name calling play nicely!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Theres another reason Apple will never go for this. Intel Medfield is an x86 instruction set processor, whereas all iphones have been based on ARM chips. Also all of the apps in the appstore are only compatible with ARM. Never gonna happen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    This possibly could happen in the 7th Generation of iPhone I will like to see an iPhone running on intel processors!
    Why ? What does Medfield has that the current A4/A5 doesn't have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reed View Post
    Theres another reason Apple will never go for this. Intel Medfield is an x86 instruction set processor, whereas all iphones have been based on ARM chips. Also all of the apps in the appstore are only compatible with ARM. Never gonna happen
    Not true, Intel already has the x86 instruction set working with ARM applications on android platforms, its called Binary Translation (look it up), intercepting ARM binaries and translating ARM code to x86 code on the fly during execution Intel is hoping to achieve ~90% app compatibility.

Never gonna happen? Intel isn't stupid, they wouldn't be trying to do it if it weren't possible.

It amazes me the incredible stupidity that guys like this display. You are incredibly dense troll! NO ****! The iPad 3 isn't released! You dumb hick! Go troll elsewhere. Learn to understand what you read before you decide to troll on somebodies comment you ignorant dense hump!
    Its funny to me how people who make a comment that reflects their intelligence or lack there of get called on it all they can say is, "stop trolling". The people who cry about trolls are also the people who say dumb things to bring out the 'trolls' because they are little girls and love the drama. Keep dumb comments to yourself and you won't see any trolls maybe?

Thanks

Its funny to me how people who make a comment that reflects their intelligence or lack there of get called on it all they can say is, "stop trolling". The people who cry about trolls are also the people who say dumb things to bring out the 'trolls' because they are little girls and love the drama. Keep dumb comments to yourself and you won't see any trolls maybe?
    Nothing of what I said was stupid!!! Because I said I hope the dream team will get to work on the A6 iPad 3 its stupid? It's obvious it hasn't been released but just like myself I guarantee you and every other jailbreaker hopes they get to work on it as soon as they can and find an exploit because it's possible the next gen iphone will have the same processor. Their is absolutely nothing stupid about it. You and your little girlfriend have made it quite clear what a troll you are. I've helped more people here on this forum with my so called stupidity than you'd ever be able to. It's not my fault that you can't understand what you read. So like I said, find somewhere else to troll and get back to the original topic. Or maybe it'd help if you payed attention in school (either you're very young or just immature) and if you're actually older than that all I have to say is WOW! You probably shouldn't have dropped out or got your GED.

Nothing of what I said was stupid!!! Because I said I hope the dream team will get to work on the A6 iPad 3 its stupid? It's obvious it hasn't been released but just like myself I guarantee you and every other jailbreaker hopes they get to work on it as soon as they can and find an exploit because it's possible the next gen iphone will have the same processor. Their is absolutely nothing stupid about it. You and your little girlfriend have made it quite clear what a troll you are. I've helped more people here on this forum with my so called stupidity than you'd ever be able to. It's not my fault that you can't understand what you read. So like I said, find somewhere else to troll and get back to the original topic. Or maybe it'd help if you payed attention in school (either you're very young or just immature) and if you're actually older than that all I have to say is WOW! You probably shouldn't have dropped out or got your GED.
    Ironic how the person who is claiming immaturity is also the person crying that he got made fun of. Are you proud of yourself that you've 'helped' so many people on this site? Quite an accomplishment, should put that on your resume. While you do that I'm going to get back to real life and stop feeling special that I give tips of news to the writers on here.

P.S. You're just as immature as you are calling me for replying to each of me responses. Just saying.