+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Add More Options to Images When You Hold Down On Them

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Add More Options to Images When You Hold Down On Them

That's it? That's all the options I get?

Have you ever wanted to have more options with an image that you hold down on besides the, "Save Image", "Copy", and "Cancel" buttons? Maybe you should take a look at a new jailbreak tweak dubbed iEagleEye by iOS developer Nikos Lykousas which lets you have extended options for when you hold down on an image. The application works for both Mobile Safari and for Mobile Mail. The extensive options are not only useful, but they are intended for both power-users and regular users who simply want to make tasks more fun and straightforward. When you install iEagleEye and you hold down on an image in either Mobile Safari or Mobile Mail, the menu options will increase dramatically, as shown below:

The new options that are added to the list are, "Copy Image URL" (which lets you copy the URL that the image is hosted at so that you can send it to friends without downloading it), "Open Image in New Tab" (which lets you open the image in a different tab so that you can do something else in the tab you're already in), "Google Images" (which does a google search for the name of the image you just held down on), "TinEye" (which lets you do a reverse image search it uploads the image and it will find its source on the Web), and "ImgOps" (which is an online meta-tool capable of applying changes to an image). The options are extensive, but there is one more option that is not listed above called, "Jeffery's Exif Viewer" and the reason it's not listed is because the image I found doesn't contain EXIF/XMP. If the image that you find does contain EXIF/XMP, then you can use that tool.

The extensive options of iEagleEye are amazing when you compare it to the blunt, stock, and boring iOS features that encompass the image options system in Mobile Safari and Mobile Mail. iEagleEye has numerous settings to configure from the Settings application and you can enable and disable the tweak at any time without uninstalling or reinstalling it. From the settings you can disable and enable certain services that will show up when you hold down on an image, and there are a couple of extra extraneous options that deal with the tweak as well.

The options that are added with iEagleEye are pretty amazing. I think that the options that are added are some that would normally take up a few more spaces on your SpringBoard for applications, but the fact that it's all integrated into your Mobile Safari Web browser and Mobile Mail email client makes it so that you don't have any extra clutter than you need. The options are fun to play with and handy at times. TinEye is very useful if you want to find the original location of an image that you saved, but you just can't remember where you found it. The other options make sharing on Facebook or another social networking application a breeze.

iEagleEye works with both iOS 4 and iOS 5. It can be installed today from Cydia but it will set you back 99. I think that the features are worth the price because it's something that isn't normally integrated into iOS and helps power users get work done on the spot or on the go without being tethered to a computer at home. It's awesome how you can manipulate the meta data of the image right from your browser to make the image appear differently right from your iPhone with no special applications needed. The best part about it is that it's massaged into iOS the way that you would expect to do anything with a photo because of how we are used to normally saving them. Give it a try if you're interested!

I talked to Nikos via email to learn a little about his motivation behind the tweak:

Anthony: Could you tell us a little about your motivation behind the tweak?
    Nikos: Personally I think this tweak as a Swiss army knife for the curious and those who question easily the originality of photos or images found on the internet. This combination of tools (Google reverse image search + TinEye + Exif Viewer) is used heavily in image board sites, to determine if an image is original content or not. Also I think the ImgOps meta-tool and the other standard browser options will be come in handy for the majority of the users, as this tools works on both Safari and Mail applications (not for the attachments in Mail app though).

Name: iEagleEye
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.0.1-15
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Nikos Lykousas
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

What are your thoughts about iEagleEye? Share in the comments!

Sources: Nikos Lykousas
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-12-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks

Cool and useful app, worth the price IMO
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Cool and useful app, worth the price IMO
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not a bad app at all. .99 is well worth it. If an automatic instagram was on there that would be awesome, but that's likely asking for too much lol

Banned
    Thanks

another feature already present on my S2, nice app though. might put it on my i4 just for kicks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anthony, how do i get into contact with a dev if i have an amazingly simple idea for a tweak for ios?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Anthony, how do i get into contact with a dev if i have an amazingly simple idea for a tweak for ios?
    Email them in Cydia or tweet them on Twitter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How bout automatic upload to fb or from camera roll up to fb like tweeter since I never use twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

It doesn't work for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Rubbish it doesn't work. Waste of money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It crashes almost every time I hold my finder on a image in Safari.
    Plain wrong. Geez, please fix the crash issue.
    I hate to say it, but so far the tweak is not ready. It's simply a broken app at current status.

Thanks
    Hey guys, look! It's the iPhone 5!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nice app and the price is also reasonable.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool app and the price is also reasonable.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just bought this one... Probably not something I will use a lot, but I figure it will be well worth the dollar eventually.

Thanks for the review.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just what I was looking for. Thank you for the tip. $ well spent.
    Would be great if it worked with Chrome as well