Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ac1dsn0w Will Be Updated With Pod2g's Untethered Jailbreak

Default Ac1dsn0w Will Be Updated With Pod2g's Untethered Jailbreak

imRel0ad is one of the people behind the Ac1dsn0w jailbreak tool.

If you remember Ac1dsn0w, it's a new jailbreak tool that did the same thing that redsn0w and sn0wbreeze did - jailbroke your iDevice. Ac1dsn0w started with a bumpy beginning at beta 1 infringing copyrights with the use of Apple's code countless times. Afterwards, Ac1dsn0w beta 2 was released which claimed to fix the problem with copyright use and the tool was said to be much more stable. At the time, it could only do what the rest of the tools could do; produce a tethered jailbreak for the A4 or older devices running iOS 5.

Since the tool never worked for countless jailbreakers, we have to question its reliability. I personally have not been able to make it work (it just sat and did nothing for several minutes) and the response from the founder of the Pwn Dev Team, P01sonN1nja was that different computers are different. So different computers can yield different jailbreaking results. In an attempt to question and clarify the tool's working status with one of the Ac1dsn0w developers, imRel0ad, I was snidely responded to with attitude and the Tweet was later deleted.

ImRel0ad followed by saying that the benefits of Ac1dsn0w are the nicer looking GUI (graphical user interface) and the speedier jailbreak. If you compare Ac1dsn0w to redsn0w in terms of speed, redsn0w has an express option, which can be found in the redsn0w preferences, that saves the moving applications feature for when you open Cydia. I can't really compare it to Ac1dsn0w, because I have never been able to get Ac1dsn0w to work. This means that the redsn0w jailbreak takes under a minute:

According to a recent tweet by imRel0ad, as shown in the original image of this article, pod2g has agreed to share his untethered exploits with the Pwn Dev Team to add to the Ac1dsn0w application. This means that you should be able to use Ac1dsn0w to jailbreak your devices the same way as redsn0w has allowed us to do with the recent untethered jailbreak.

So what exactly can we take in from this? The main idea is that Ac1dsn0w is a jailbreak tool in development. The developers have claimed to be working on a remote jailbreak system which allows you to basically jailbreak a device from far away. If you are looking for a jailbreak, we strongly recommend that you stick with the tools that we know for sure work such as redsn0w and sn0wbreeze. We're not going to outright say that the tool does not work, but we will inform you that the success rate isn't very high as comments have shown.

We hope the best for the Pwn Dev Team and that maybe they will pioneer something special in the future. These are your iDevices, making it 100% your choice of which tool to use. What are your thoughts about using Ac1dsn0w for your iDevice if the untethered jailbreak is implemented? Share in the comments.

Sources: Vachel
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Personally, glad PwnDev team joined the jb tool development process. Hopefully they gain insight into how Pod2g's code works and they can implement themselves a useable tool. But until further notice, I see no incentive to switch from Redsn0w, for myself. Just saying...
    Last edited by metaserph; 01-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

I'll try it. Im a risk taker!

Has sn0wbreeze been updated yet for untethered jailbreak?? Only ask here as not seen any mention of it anywhere! Other wise I will stick as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Has sn0wbreeze been updated yet for untethered jailbreak?? Only ask here as not seen any mention of it anywhere! Other wise I will stick as well!
    Nope, don't thinks so. Redsnow can make custom firmware though.

How does someone figure out that its using Apple copyright code? Isnt all code just code? So if ******* develops a basic function and uses it in one of their products I cant use that same basic generic function cause Apple claimed it?

Thanks

Redsn0w all the way!

iPhone 4 5.0.1 Untethered Redsn0w
    iPad 2 5.0.1 Untethered Absinthe

Redsn0w for me too. I'll stick to what I know works, and does it well. I couldn't care less if it's slightly slower at jailbreaking.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok riddle me this batman, why would one choose acid over red? I mean if one product works and works well why would you make another one to do the same thing? Why wouldnt you just contribute to the other code to make it better?

I'll stick to sn0wbreeze, which has worked flawlessly on my A4 iDevices.

Thanks

It's about reliability not speed, redsn0w does the job and personally I would never have said it was slow anyway. Judging by what I have heard about acidsn0w it seems like a no brainer.

iPhone 4 5.0.1 Untethered Redsn0w
    iPad 2 5.0.1 Untethered Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    How does someone figure out that its using Apple copyright code? Isnt all code just code? So if ******* develops a basic function and uses it in one of their products I cant use that same basic generic function cause Apple claimed it?
    Apple wrote their own code for iOS, so it's copyrighted. It's a work that they created.

Thanks

Im all redsn0w! but when are they going to have the option to have customized boot logos?

A5 iOS 5+ ? Or it's this only A4?

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    A5 iOS 5+ ? Or it's this only A4?
    A4 only because that's the only jailbreak that's out right now.

Thanks

I'll give acidsn0w a try.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
    Im all redsn0w! but when are they going to have the option to have customized boot logos?
    +5000

It's kinda funny because the same TOS that prevents whatever this dev team is from using apple's code is pretty clear about jail breaking as well. To the OP, are you really that upset that the people you talked to didn't show enough respect to you that you decided to write this hit piece? At least you're no longer the under the assumption that pod2g is in cdev. IIRC, the pwn dev team is very young.

All that being said, I doubt I'd bother with acid snow.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
    Its possible to include animated boot logos but animate doesn't work smoothly on iOS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgee_jr View Post
    Ok riddle me this batman, why would one choose acid over red? I mean if one product works and works well why would you make another one to do the same thing? Why wouldnt you just contribute to the other code to make it better?
    Well to begin PwnDevTeam isn't forcing anyone to use the tool, you can use redsn0w if you so desire.
    In regard to "Why would you make another one do the same thing?" Because they can, and they hope to soon bring something new to the table.
    They cant contribute to redsn0w, its not open source.

Ac1dsn0w is a beta, its going to have bugs and errors. I personally have had no problems with jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 on Beta 2. More will be added as development progress furthers. I personally thing the team has done a great job so far and they delivered on their promise, despite getting called fake countless times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast