Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Update on A5 Jailbreak: 'It should be a matter of days'

Default Another Update on A5 Jailbreak: 'It should be a matter of days'

Yesterday @Pod2g, @Musclenerd, @Suarik, and @Planetbeing made a huge step in surpassing the sandbox issues in their A5 jailbreak efforts. Pod2g updated his blog this morning claiming the A5 jailbreak is imminent.

Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.

@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.

Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.

We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!
    Not much new from yesterday’s report, and there is still no ETA (no sense making promises that could be broken) but, pod2g's claim that the a jailbreak is only days away is extremely encouraging. IPad 2 and iPhone 4S owners can rejoice. The dedicated efforts of @pod2g, @saurik, @MuscleNerd, and @planetbeing will soon be realized.

Source: pod2g

Thank goodness! Keep up the good work DREAM TEAM!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SUNDAY FUNDAY!

/sarcasm

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

So ready for this!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously, why temp fate again. Say nothing! That way if it the time frame expands people don't come and burn your house down! Some of these people are crazy!!! LOL!

Good luck guys! Were rooting for ya!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Woot!

Well they're already past the hardest part of the jailbreak. Also Pod2g stated in his blog that they we're tired. So props to him and the team for working so hard to provide everyone with a jailbreak.
    YAY!!!

I'm not looking forward to the servers being down for another week.

Maybe I'm just selfish

Then hopefully we can get Siri on the iPhone 4 fully functional without having to find a new key every 24 hours

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

So if I have a 4S and am on iOS 5.0 right now… is it safe to say I can update to 5.0.1 right now before 5.1 comes out, or will the jailbreak cover 5.0 automatically?

@eagleye
    You should update to 5.0.1.
    They stated this and the jailbreak won't be on 5.0, so hurry!!!

Yeeeeessssss

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Get in!!!!!

This makes my day couldn't be any happier!

Yes a matter of days,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    So if I have a 4S and am on iOS 5.0 right now… is it safe to say I can update to 5.0.1 right now before 5.1 comes out, or will the jailbreak cover 5.0 automatically?
    IIRC there is no 5.0 untethered and never will be. There might be a 5.0 tethered though.

On that note, does breaking out of the sandbox mean that a 5.1 tethered will be on roughly the same cycle as other iDevices?

Also, party time!

\o\
    \o/
    /o/

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this mean that there's also a better chance of being able to generate iPhone 4S tokens for SIRI now that their so close to A5 jailbreak??

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

what i love about modmyi is the apprciative members encouraging the team's and especially pod2g's work. some of our other "jail breaking sites" and pod's own twitter acct are rampant with derogatory comments. jail breaking is a GIFT. as i said on another site...the screen captures of code running down a screen look like the reflections of mother's interface on the helmet in ridley scott's first alien film. who understands that stuff? not me. we're lucky someone actually takes the time to do these things. and as for them taking donations? well last time i checked this is still america where people with imagination and willing to take the consultant route are nicely paid. should these guys be rewarded any less. who out there complaining can do this work? when the tools are released, does it cost them anything? i've donated thru every phase of jail breaking from the first iPhone...and paid for turbo and super sims as well when that was the only way to unlock. nobody forces anyone to buy an idevice and as far as i know besides apple care you can't buy a discount ticket for the next jailbreak. well anyway, that's my 2 cents. i'm afraid if i said this on my other "favorite site" i too would all kinds of nasty retorts...but i for one think these guys are great to hack into these devices! thanks for five years of amazing added benefit to the greatest phone on earth!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,028 Posts

To clarify:

A tethered jailbreak would require a HARDWARE exploit. The A5 chip doesn't have a hardware exploit.

This A5 jailbreak is a software exploit in iOS 5.0.1 so it's untethered, ONLY.

***I'm not sure if 5.0 is covered in this exploit so you 'should' update to 5.0.1 since @pod2g hasn't specified if its 5.0 compatible
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Why won't they just wait till 5.1 is officially released to release it for 5.1, there is more Siri functions in 5.1 and apparently 3G toggle is back

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast