+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Update on A5 Jailbreak: 'It should be a matter of days'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Zokunei That's what I did. I figured that when you install a local deb without it's dependency normally, it waits until the dependencies are installed to finish
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    That's what I did. I figured that when you install a local deb without it's dependency normally, it waits until the dependencies are installed to finish configuring. So I thought it wouldn't cause any problems. How many people actually know every dependency of every package to do it correctly?
    I know what dependencies my packages need. I've wrote it down just incase I ever needed to do this. Also I really don't run much theming stuff the only one I have that has a bunch of dependencies is ifile. A little digging tho will tell you from your list of debs which ones ifile needs and so on and so forth. This stuff takes me back to the good ol days of unix/Linux without package managers (think Slackware) where I got my start. Since iOS is unix based its essentially the same. If you really wanted to go all out you could script it all using apt.
    Last edited by A3gOwner; 01-13-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks

I don't think I really want to release this and get constant e-mails. I'm only distributing this through PM's.

Thanks

Don't blame you there at all. Cydia (the apt front end) does a lot more than people think and without knowledge of how it works it'll all come back on you. I'm not saying you don't get it but other people might not have a clue.

Wanna send me a link? I just wanna check it out.

Thanks

Tomorrow. I have to re-code it since I had to restore. I'm finishing up my iCloud restore now and I'm about to jailbreak and go to bed.

Thanks

All kinds of problems. No one should ever do this.
    LOL!!! Sorry bro! If I could've helped, I would've...I know it's a pain

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    What did you do just dump all the debs in auto install? That's not the way to do it, they need to be installed in a specific order. Start with (corona if not already untethered) mobsub and safe mode extension, then pincrush, and then winterboard. You need to install the dependency debs with the main deb, if that don't work dependencies first then main deb.
    That's something I didn't think of although that makes complete sense. I'll have to consider that when doing it this way.

I don't think I really want to release this and get constant e-mails. I'm only distributing this through PM's.
    I'll definitely take a copy of this once you're all done. I understand why u wouldn't want to release it publicly since there are steps to getting it all working. In your 'modified' tweak, would it be too hard to automatically break up the dependencies and the actual packages into separate folders? It's not a big deal for me to separate them myself but I was just curious. Thanx again for ur hard work!!! I appreciate it!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hope 4S/iPad 2 jailbreak comes out soon.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 01-14-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks

Is it ok if it's just a bash script that depends on the app and doesn't sort dependencies?

Thanks

Is it ok if it's just a bash script that depends on the app and doesn't sort dependencies?
    That's awesome! Thanx for the work! Sorry it couldn't be implemented into your app But maybe you could submit it as an add-on feature warning others that you will not accept troubleshooting questions...just a thought!

You ROCK!

Thanks

Zokunei should start a thread on this. I've got a little input into this and feel bad mucking up this thread in news section. If not one of us can.

Thanks

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567