+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Update on A5 Jailbreak: 'It should be a matter of days'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
An exciting next few days ahead for all us A5 owners. Totally stoked, I've been lost without my jailbreak since I upgraded to my 4s.
    Thanks

An exciting next few days ahead for all us A5 owners. Totally stoked, I've been lost without my jailbreak since I upgraded to my 4s.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Why Are the same posts on 4 pages???? Modmyi u need 2 get that fixed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tip of the hat to the flare for the dramatics these guys are showing - much more fun than the old days where we just sit back and wait in the dark.

Thanks

Just remember that your jailbreak will be unusable for a week while you are tormented by Cydia's inability to refresh the sources.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Just remember that your jailbreak will be unusable for a week while you are tormented by Cydia's inability to refresh the sources.
    I might need to get one of those '.deb package-saving tweaks' on my iphone 4 or ipad in case BigBoss crashes again! That way I can still load everything onto my iPhone 4S while everyone else suffers! LOL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I might need to get one of those '.deb package-saving tweaks' on my iphone 4 or ipad in case BigBoss crashes again! That way I can still load everything onto my iPhone 4S while everyone else suffers! LOL!
    I actually make a backup app on Cydia. Maybe I should provide the option of downloading the deb packages before or after you update your device to help with situations like these.

The benefit of only backing up a list of packages to be downloaded and installed later is quicker and more convenient backups. However the other method would be good for a situation like this.

The question is: how are you going to install them if you can't download the installer?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-12-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks

Before an update would be better! That way our 'working' version of the package can be saved for later use. The 'other' factor, though, is backing up all of the dependency files that BigBoss hosts. That was the major issue w/ the latest jailbreak; most of the dependencies for EVERYTHING were stored on the BigBoss server!!!

BTW, What's ur package called?

The question is: how are you going to install them if you can't download the installer?
    Manually install through var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/

I assume that the jailbreak will be via redsn0w which will automatically add Cydia, but most importantly, afc2add. If I have a backup of all the .deb files and dependencies, then I can drop those into the folder - reboot - and, PRESTO .... Hi tweaks!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-12-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

No disrespect, but we have heard this before. I will sit here and wait patiently all while not getting my hopes up. This way there can be no disappointment involved. And when it does finally come, I can be even happier.

Thanks

Before an update would be better! That way our 'working' version of the package can be saved for later use. The 'other' factor, though, is backing up all of the dependency files that BigBoss hosts. That was the major issue w/ the latest jailbreak; most of the dependencies for EVERYTHING were stored on the BigBoss server!!!

BTW, What's ur package called?

Manually install through var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/

I assume that the jailbreak will be via redsn0w which will automatically add Cydia, but most importantly, afc2add. If I have a backup of all the .deb files and dependencies, then I can drop those into the folder - reboot - and, PRESTO .... Hi tweaks!!!
    I'm aware of the AutoInstall method, I was wondering if I could make something simpler. My package is called OpenBackup. Implementing this would be extremely easy considering what I already have.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    what i love about modmyi is the apprciative members encouraging the team's and especially pod2g's work. some of our other "jail breaking sites" and pod's own twitter acct are rampant with derogatory comments.
    You must not have been around for very long...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Would trying to install dozens of packages with the AutoInstall method make the iPhone take a long time to reboot?

Thanks

I'm aware of the AutoInstall method, I was wondering if I could make something simpler. My package is called OpenBackup. Implementing this would be extremely easy considering what I already have.
    We just need a tool (and I already know there are some out there) that will save these files to a location on our phone. Then we just dump them, via SSH, onto our computer and reinstall when need be.

Are you able to get the dependency files, though???

Would trying to install dozens of packages with the AutoInstall method make the iPhone take a long time to reboot?
    Maybe...but not as long as it takes to fix a crashed server! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You must not have been around for very long...
    +++1
    That's why I've been gone for so long!

Thanks

We just need a tool (and I already know there are some out there) that will save these files to a location on our phone. Then we just dump them, via SSH, onto our computer and reinstall when need be.

Are you able to get the dependency files, though???

Maybe...but not as long as it takes to fix a crashed server! LOL!!!
    I can get a list of everything installed on your device. Are there dependencies needed for an AutoInstall?

Thanks

I can get a list of everything installed on your device. Are there dependencies needed for an AutoInstall?
    Not that I know of. Afc2add is automatically included once we're officially Jailbroken (if that's what ur talking about).

Thanks

I'll try this out when I get a chance. I've got the code figured out already.

Thanks

I'll try this out when I get a chance. I've got the code figured out already.
    Awesome!!! Let me know via DM or on this thread.

What's ur tweak cost?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

It's very much confirmed. P0sixninja and pod2g have both said everyone should definitely update to 5.0.1

@p0sixninja: "Everyone should upgrade their devices to 5.0.1 (except unlockers) now while they still have a chance!!!
    Ah, but he said "except unlockers" so I'm assuming 5.0.1 has an updated baseband from the stock 5.0 on the iPhone 4S. Am I correct?

I guess unlockers need to stay on 5.0 and wait for whatever tool to create a custom IPSW to preserve the unlockable baseband.

Thanks

Awesome!!! Let me know via DM or on this thread.

What's ur tweak cost?
    Will do. The goal of my tweak is to create a free and open-source alternative to PkgBackup, so this one's free

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
    Ah, but he said "except unlockers" so I'm assuming 5.0.1 has an updated baseband from the stock 5.0 on the iPhone 4S. Am I correct?

I guess unlockers need to stay on 5.0 and wait for whatever tool to create a custom IPSW to preserve the unlockable baseband.
    As I recall, the unlock that Musclenerd spoke about was way before pod2g ever Jailbroke the A5 iDevices. That being said, theres no way that MN could've guaranteed an unlock for the iPhone 4S.

That's why I'm confused as to why people w/ the ip4S are waiting for an unlock that was never announced. If you want to preserve your baseband, then preserve it, but it's not guaranteed.

Will do. The goal of my tweak is to create a free and open-source alternative to PkgBackup, so this one's free
    NICE!!! I bought PkgBackup but it screwed up my devices when I upgraded to 5.0.1 and it doesn't save the dependency files. So, I'd love an alternative w/ dependency file saving!

Thanks

Thank you to all the devs who have brought us all past jailbreaks, and future ones to come!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast