+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another Update on A5 Jailbreak: 'It should be a matter of days'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
yeaahh..worth the wait..RESPECT DreamTeam.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeaahh..worth the wait..RESPECT DreamTeam.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    So does this mean that there's also a better chance of being able to generate iPhone 4S tokens for SIRI now that their so close to A5 jailbreak??
    Once it's out, then these Siri porters will know more. Till then, we have to wait and see...

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Once this is released I'm going to be out in the cold unless some one tells me how to get the correct 5.0.1 build onto my phone HELP!!!!!

Thanks
    This makes happy as a fat kid eating cake. A hippie saving a tree. Or even the feeling of anticipiatment that the new Dark Knight Rises trailer makes me feel for the movie. Good job guys. I shower you with a thank you that has the strength of a thousand suns. Take a number, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever, and you merely have a glimpse of how thankful I am. I feel like its been forever for this. Years, multiplied by yearns and compounded by time with no end. But alast it is almost done. Ok I am finished.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    To clarify:

A tethered jailbreak would require a HARDWARE exploit. The A5 chip doesn't have a hardware exploit.

This A5 jailbreak is a software exploit in iOS 5.0.1 so it's untethered, ONLY.

***I'm not sure if 5.0 is covered in this exploit do you 'should' update to 5.0.1 since @pod2g hasn't specified if its 5.0 compatible
    Ah, for some unfathomable reason I thought this sandbox business was exploiting the hardware, but in retrospect that doesn't make sense. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Why won't they just wait till 5.1 is officially released to release it for 5.1, there is more Siri functions in 5.1 and apparently 3G toggle is back
    It probably doesn't work on 5.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for the info. Ill go ahead and jump on the 5.0.1 bandwagon before it leaves.

Also, as much as I would hate to wait any longer... I believe it would be a good idea to wait for a 5.1 jailbreak. If there is added functionality, it would be unfortunate to miss out on that. We will see... I'll take ANY jailbreak over nothing. I miss "My" iPhone. As for now, my 3GS sits on 4.3.3 as a dedicated SNES emulator and iPod. LOL. I need to sell that thing...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iTunes won't let you update your iOS devices with unsigned updates. Apple will stop signing 5.0.1 (and shut it down forever) the moment 5.1 is released.

So, if you are sitting on iOS 5.0.0, go update to 5.0.1 right now. Nobody is making a 5.0.0 Jailbreak and because it's no longer being signed by Apple, 5.0 is pretty much dead.

---Save all your SHSH blobs with Tinyumbrella of course, before doing any updating. Just in case.---

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Why won't they just wait till 5.1 is officially released to release it for 5.1, there is more Siri functions in 5.1 and apparently 3G toggle is back
    If these functions come to be that useful I'm sure some genius dev will make a tweak for these functions for all of us on 5.0.1 jail broken. So I don't feel they need to wait until 5.1. With that mindset why don't they just wait until 6.0?.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Operator20 View Post
    This makes happy as a fat kid eating cake. A hippie saving a tree. Or even the feeling of anticipiatment that the new Dark Knight Rises trailer makes me feel for the movie. Good job guys. I shower you with a thank you that has the strength of a thousand suns. Take a number, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever, and you merely have a glimpse of how thankful I am. I feel like its been forever for this. Years, multiplied by yearns and compounded by time with no end. But alast it is almost done. Ok I am finished.
    LOL... okay Shakespeare.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    Once this is released I'm going to be out in the cold unless some one tells me how to get the correct 5.0.1 build onto my phone HELP!!!!!
    What do u mean? Just update Over The Air with your phone!
    Settings.app - General - Software Update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you god.

Thanks

Man news just keep getting better and better

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    Restore it in iTunes and presto... iOS 5.0.1!

iPhone? More like MyPhone myiphone3gs4055's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    To clarify:

A tethered jailbreak would require a HARDWARE exploit. The A5 chip doesn't have a hardware exploit.

This A5 jailbreak is a software exploit in iOS 5.0.1 so it's untethered, ONLY.

***I'm not sure if 5.0 is covered in this exploit so you 'should' update to 5.0.1 since @pod2g hasn't specified if its 5.0 compatible
    What about the unlock 4s. I'm really confusing and don know what to do right now. MN said on twitter as always best hope for unlock is earlier baseband so he staying 5.0 on 4s even untether backport take longer but on other side pod2g said all A5 should upgrade to 5.0.1. I needed unlock 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

am I the only one that noticed that this story was posted twice?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myiphone3gs4055 View Post
    What about the unlock 4s. I'm really confusing and don know what to do right now. MN said on twitter as always best hope for unlock is earlier baseband so he staying 5.0 on 4s even untether backport take longer but on other side pod2g said all A5 should upgrade to 5.0.1. I needed unlock 4s
    your best bet is still 5.01. if the jailbreak comes out for 5.01 and no 5.0, how are they supposed to make an unlock for the 5.0 baseband if you can't install ultrasn0w because you aren't jailbroken

Thanks

Great news! Good jobs guys, appreciate ever minute you put in towards the jailbreak!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometime after 5.0.1 was released, we jailbreakers were told to stay on/upgrade to 5.0 to have the best chance of getting the jailbreak.

Now we're being told to upgrade to 5.0.1. Is this confirmed?

Also, any word on an unlock for 3GS on BB 5.16.02?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
    Sometime after 5.0.1 was released, we jailbreakers were told to stay on/upgrade to 5.0 to have the best chance of getting the jailbreak.

Now we're being told to upgrade to 5.0.1. Is this confirmed?

Also, any word on an unlock for 3GS on BB 5.16.02?
    It's very much confirmed. P0sixninja and pod2g have both said everyone should definitely update to 5.0.1

@p0sixninja: "Everyone should upgrade their devices to 5.0.1 (except unlockers) now while they still have a chance!!!
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.