+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A5 Jailbreak Yet Another Step Closer - No More Sandbox Issues

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hackers to Apple: resistance is futile. Hacker planetbeing , a part of the A5 untethered jailbreak dream team, announced via a tweet on Twitter today that we are one step
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Default A5 Jailbreak Yet Another Step Closer - No More Sandbox Issues

Hackers to Apple: resistance is futile.

Hacker planetbeing, a part of the A5 untethered jailbreak dream team, announced via a tweet on Twitter today that we are one step closer to the A5 untethered jailbreak. Why? Because the dream team's newest member, saurik, helped them with getting out of the sandbox. It was originally planetbeing's responsibility to deal with the sandbox, but saurik helped once more. Saurik has been in cahoots with the A5 untethered jailbreak since the beginning.

It all started with pod2g's A5 caching issue. Saurik was able to assist in getting pod2g over that mountain. Not too long ago, we reported on MuscleNerd and pod2g tweeting the update that they were almost past solving the sandbox. Saurik's introduction to the issue today pretty much steam-rolled it and the ending was a happy story.

Escaping the sandbox is a very important step in the jailbreak. This is good news because the sandbox is one of the tough security measures that makes hacking into an iDevice hard. It mixes things around - imagine a literal sandbox. If you buried several small parts in it and mixed it all around, you would find it incredibly difficult to find the things that you buried in it because it hides the resources. This is the idea behind it. The sandbox measure keeps information from being discovered by malicious processes. It runs new processes separate from other processes so that they are limited in resource and cannot cause damage.

With the sandbox measure completely defeated, the rest of the jailbreak process will coast along nicely. We don't have an estimated time of arrival for the jailbreak yet, but we can properly assure you that the toughest mountain has been climbed. We expect that many iPad 2 and iPhone 4S owners will be happy to hear this news.

Sources: planetbeing
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep up the Good Work!

Green Apple
    Thanks

My iPad 2 awaits.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

What a late article...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Green Apple
    Thanks

Updating to 5.01 now, from jailbreak me.com (4.3.3). Awaiting the new JB Good luck dream team & thanks for all your hard work...go team

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've never experienced such a detailed, step-by-step, slew of updates for a jailbreak as we have with A5 devices. The more iOS owners out there, the more clamoring for a jailbreak because it's jailbreak or bust with iOS!

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to updating my iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 soon. Notification Center, iMessage, and split keyboard goodness.

Thanks

My iPad 2 patiently awaits....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Hackers to Apple: resistance is futile"

I guess the folks behind baseband 4.11.08 never got that message

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

That's freaking sweet!!! Way to go guys!! Good work!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the87th View Post
    "Hackers to Apple: resistance is futile"

I guess the folks behind baseband 4.11.08 never got that message
    The baseband has nothing to do with this. We aren't talking unlock here, bromethius. And if you've spent any time at all jailbreaking your iPhone over the past 4.5 years, you know they (jailbreaks) keeping getting fewer and farther between for new devices. We've had a grand total of 1 jailbreak on an A5 device in 10 months. Apple is definitely winning the game here.

Thanks

That's what it do good news good work can't wait much thanks!!!!!!

Thanks

Will we know ahead of time, when apple leases a new update

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    The baseband has nothing to do with this. We aren't talking unlock here, bromethius. And if you've spent any time at all jailbreaking your iPhone over the past 4.5 years, you know they (jailbreaks) keeping getting fewer and farther between for new devices. We've had a grand total of 1 jailbreak on an A5 device in 10 months. Apple is definitely winning the game here.
    People have to remember pod2g and Saurik didn't come into the picture until very recently. You also can't really count 10 months; no one was going to release an A5 jailbreak based on the ipad 2 and burn an exploit when everyone knew the A5 iphone was coming. The other factor to consider is updates and not burning exploits when known updates are coming that Apple could patch the exploit.

Now saying that, since those 2 have been on the jailbreak, its really only been a matter of maybe not even 2 months total and they're already out of the sandbox which is a huge step forward. Had they been on from the day of the 4S launch, it would probably be ready by now. If every person who jailbreaks donated just a mere $1 or $2, there would be a significant fund set up as incentive to hop right on it. You have to realize these people have normal jobs and this is just a hobby. But if there was a significant fund set up, there may be more incentive to jump on it quicker too. Unfortunately by the comments on pod2g's page, people are completely selfish and expect a jailbreak as a matter of right and feel they can be pissed when one isn't ready. So that idea to donate will likely never be reality due to greedy people.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stulaw11 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-12-2012)

EVO
    Thanks

^^^ +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I wouldn't say 'winning' the game.
    More like slowing down the process
    You need to remember that it's a lot easier to patch a jailbreak than create(obviously, hang on im getting their)
    The fact that our devs were able to crack a device that is LOCKED DOWN completely speaks mountains. Think about it... apple makes these devices security extremely strong. Doesn't matter how long it takes to complete a jailbreak but that it is accomplished that matters. You have to look at the end result.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So who exactly should I donate to? pod2g? Saurik? the team?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Resistance is far from futile; The A5 has been mainly exploit free for 10 months and counting (a new record)! I fear Apple's next generation processor will take even longer than the A5 to exploit. If they keep resisting like that, they'll win.
    Edit: I'd say Apple wins the Jailbreaking game when those who buy a new device each year (and sell their old one) can never Jailbreak it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

It's nice to see popular hackers getting together to produce a jailbreak. I can imagine how crowded the Cydia server will be once they release this. It's going to be like the holidays all over again for developers, major pay day is coming up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Hopefully the jailbreak will be released before IOS 5.1 is released to the public so i have time to update to 5.0.1.
    I am reluctant to update now as i am currently jailbroken on my A5 chip.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Saurik is God!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast