Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gene Munster Gets Back to Beating the iPhone 5 Drum

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Gene Munster Gets Back to Beating the iPhone 5 Drum

If prominent Wall Street analyst Gene Munster proves wrong in his incessant prediction for a dramatically redesigned iPhone 5, he may very well lose the "prominent" part of his reputation as an analyst with Piper Jaffray.

On Wednesday, Munster once again reiterated his assertion that Apple is going to surprise the multitudes with a completely different look for the next-gen iPhone (which he calls the iPhone 5). This time around, however, Munster says the next incarnation of the iPhone will be a "monster."

"If Apple sells 30 million-plus iPhones in Dec., with no new form factor, up from 17.1m in Sept., it would be evidence supporting our survey work indicating that 94% of iPhone users plan to upgrade to a new iPhone," Munster revealed today. "This theme suggests iPhone 5, which we are expecting in Aug. with a new form factor, will be a monster upgrade."

Munster raised his iPhone number to 30 million from 26 million for fiscal Q1 ended in December. He reiterates an iPad unit estimate of 13.5 million. He sees Apple beating the Street at $40.2 billion in revenue and $10.50 in EPS, versus the consensus $38.6 billion and $9.95 per share.
    Ahead of Apple's January 24th earnings report, Munster says he now believes Apple will report record sales and earnings across all three of its iDevices: the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

Source: Barron's

Can't wait to see this iPhone 5!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Annnnndd the BS about if its going to be called the iPhone 5 or iPhone 6, starts in 5......4.....3....2.........

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Annnnndd the BS about if its going to be called the iPhone 5 or iPhone 6, starts in 5......4.....3....2.........
    +1 totally agree

Thanks

If the iPhone 5 doesnt come out to my expexctations im moving to a droid...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's clearly going to be called the iPhone 6! If you look back at the number of devices that have been released, the reason they called the iPhone 4 the iPhone 4 was because .....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4GS

After last years huge let down with the 4s i'm not going to believe anything I hear about the iPhone 5 until the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by JE78 View Post
    After last years huge let down with the 4s i'm not going to believe anything I hear about the iPhone 5 until the press conference.
    +1

I'm hesitant to get to excited

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Am I the only one who thought he kept calling the iPhone 5 a "munster upgrade"? These analysts are a joke. iPhone rumors are just page-view gold.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
    If the iPhone 5 doesnt come out to my expexctations im moving to a droid...
    I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and it didn't even take me two weeks to switch back to my iPhone 4. I expect anyone who is a heavy jailbreak user would find that Android just isn't what other geeks/tweakers would have you believe (most of whom may have not spent a lot of time with a jailbreak optimized iPhone...because let's be honest, jailbreaking is all about optimizing your iOS experience).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Hoping for a design that doesn't make it ~90% certain that you have to pay 200 bucks for a repair bill when you drop your phone..

I am no prominent analyst, but there are ONLY three options for naming:

iPhone LTE
    iPhone R4G (Real 4G)
    iPhone Universe (Since the universe encompasses a galaxy, this signifies how much better the iPhone will be over the Galaxy)

Apple is too hip to keep using numbers for phones; numbers are last decade. Expect something new from Tim.

./sarcasm off

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One day in the future, apple will start to put names to the iphones... Or just like the ipad make just one product and discontinue the others. But i go with the first option if they whan to keep the others iphones... ( in dont speak english...)

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    iPhone 4GS
    Totally agree with this cat!!
    -Mr. 318!!-

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

:-P
    Last edited by norfskate; 11-11-2012 at 06:08 AM.

iPhone SJ = Steve Job's tribute version

http://www.blottr.com/breaking-news/...red-steve-jobs

Would love it, if it looked close to that...
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 01-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

I can guarantee the back will just say iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i thought the new phone would be "iPhone zulu-6-tango"............. does it really matter?

In many ways, I hope Apple doesn't redesign the iPhone 5, if nothing else, just to prove this guy wrong.

please t-mobile get this thing or I'm out!
    Last edited by 2k1; 01-11-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: swearing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast