Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated to Work With iOS 5.1 Beta 2 and Beta 3

Default TinyUmbrella Updated to Work With iOS 5.1 Beta 2 and Beta 3

TinyUmbrella now works with the latest iOS 5.1 Beta.

Just yesterday, Apple released iOS 5.1 Beta 3 to Apple developers for testing. Many are updating to it in the recent news that iOS 5.1 Beta 3 actually fixes the battery problem on the iPhone 4S. If you are one of the people that updated to iOS 5.1 Beta 2 or iOS 5.1 Beta 3, then you might, for whatever reason, want to save your SHSH blobs for them using TinyUmbrella. It really doesn't make much sense though, because iOS 5.1 will be out soon making the beta blobs practically useless.

TinyUmbrella will save both the SHSH blobs and your APticket for any iOS 5 version to date. You can then use those SHSH blobs and APtickets to create a custom firmware file with redsn0w 0.9.9b3. That custom firmware will always be restorable because it is pre-signed. The only step to make sure that the iPhone accepts it is to put your iPhone (or other iDevice) into DFU mode.

At this point in time, there is no bootrom exploit for the A5 processor and because of that, there is no way to create a custom firmware for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 that can be used to restore to. If you are using iOS 5.0.1 we highly recommend that you stay there until the A5 untethered jailbreak is out. If you already updated to iOS 5.1 beta 3, then you might be in a very uncomfortable place.

Although we currently can't use A5 SHSH blobs for anything special yet, we assume that sometime in the future they may be of use to use for something. It all relies on finding an A5 bootrom exploit that can be used. If you want to save your blobs for iOS 5.1 beta 2 or beta 3, then the TinyUmbrella download links are below:

TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X
    TinyUmbrella for Windows

Sources: TinyUmbrella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.

"Elementary my dear Watson...". Very smart folks are behind these tools. For a reason. Deliverance.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

I waaaaaaaant jailbreakkkkkkk forrrrrrr iphone 4s.!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sanjumorwani View Post
    I waaaaaaaant jailbreakkkkkkk forrrrrrr iphone 4s.!!!!!
    Thhhhhheeeeeeennnnnn mmmmaaaaaakkkkkeee ooooonnneeeeee yyyyyoooooouuuuurrrrrssssseeeeellllllfffff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    Thhhhhheeeeeeennnnnn mmmmaaaaaakkkkkeee ooooonnneeeeee yyyyyoooooouuuuurrrrrssssseeeeellllllfffff!!!
    +1. Things take time I'm pretty sure they have lives outside of jailbreaking.