+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Change the Background Image of Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
it works just fine thank you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it works just fine thank you

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Another update was released today. This time fixes the image smearing issue!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone tell me how to get the previous version before this new update that was released ytd? Is it possible? Because the new update caused lag(during scrolling those widgets) when you are in the springboard~~ gosh hate it
    (ANYONE CAN HELP ME T.T WANT IT TO BE SMOOTH~)
    Last edited by Eason Chiang; 01-12-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

THIS HAS KILLED MY IPHONE4.
    I installed it and it works nice UNTIL I rebooted and now its constantly respringing.

It did this on the iPad but it rebooted into safe mode so I deleted it but the iPhone doesn't boot into safe mode so its stuck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eason Chiang View Post
    can anyone tell me how to get the previous version before this new update that was released ytd? Is it possible? Because the new update caused lag(during scrolling those widgets) when you are in the springboard~~ gosh hate it
    (ANYONE CAN HELP ME T.T WANT IT TO BE SMOOTH~)
    Custom NC Background loads its image when you pull the notification center. Once it is on your screen, any lag while scrolling between widgets has nothing to do with Custom NC Background but your widgets. If you experience lag pulling the notification center itself it might have something to do with Custom NC Background but I doubt it. Especially with the latest version which I optimized some things in. Try reapplying your image. That might help.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    THIS HAS KILLED MY IPHONE4.
    I installed it and it works nice UNTIL I rebooted and now its constantly respringing.

It did this on the iPad but it rebooted into safe mode so I deleted it but the iPhone doesn't boot into safe mode so its stuck.
    I'm sorry that your iPhone is stuck. But I highly highly doubt that Custom NC Background caused this. The worst thing that Custom NC Background can cause is to make your iPhone go into safe mode constantly, but, while testing it, I never got it to crash and therefore go into safe mode, it is a very stable tweak because it is quite simple. And I rebooted my iPhone a few times since I installed Custom NC Background on it and it had no problem going back to springboard.
    Last edited by cjori; 01-13-2012 at 08:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey cjori, glad for ur reply. U sure there is nthg to do with NC custom background? my notification center only contains 2 widgets which is sbsettings and weather widget. Reapplying my image doesn't help. I tried everything-----reboot, respring, reapply. Its still lag while scrolling. Haiz.. i just wish i could revert it to previous version? Is that possible? 0.0 That version doesn't cause lag at all even tough how many widgets i set on it. Just the smearing effect~ I hope there is a solution for this lag for this latest version~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eason Chiang View Post
    Hey cjori, glad for ur reply. U sure there is nthg to do with NC custom background? my notification center only contains 2 widgets which is sbsettings and weather widget. Reapplying my image doesn't help. I tried everything-----reboot, respring, reapply. Its still lag while scrolling. Haiz.. i just wish i could revert it to previous version? Is that possible? 0.0 That version doesn't cause lag at all even tough how many widgets i set on it. Just the smearing effect~ I hope there is a solution for this lag for this latest version~~
    Sbsettings causes lag period, Maybe they need to optimize it smtp run a little better.
    This tweak specifically should not be causing any lag whatsoever because it's not like a widget. I have lag on mine but it's been like that for a while due to sbsettings. Sorry bro but your going to have lag with any widgets you have installed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mmaboi21: If you say so, why it doesn't caused any lag for the previous version? I got my sbsettings installed and it's like running flawlessly just the smearing effect. Anyway thanks man.

Thanks

If you turn off custom nc or uninstall it does it remove the lag?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no it doesn't removes the lag. I tried everything, reinstall it, reapply it, disable and enable it again. It just still lag when in the springboard. The problem now is that, when u are in the springboard and u scroll down the NC and u scoll up and down. U can see the lagness but everything's fine in application like in settings, its smooth. The previous version is the best. It doesn't cause any lag at all wherever u are in, just the smearing effect make it imperfect.

Thanks

What if you remove it without reinstalling it. Is there still lag without it being installed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

without any wallpaper applied in NC there is no lag at all. But if wallpaper is applied using NC custom background, lag occurs. But previous version wont cause all this **** man. I doubt there is something to do with the updates. haiz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What you are saying is quite weird for two reasons:
    1) The latest version is the same in the manner of loading the image into notification center, I didn't change a line of code in that part. What is changed though is how to image is set - in the latest version Custom NC Background resizes the image to your device's resolution so any smearing effect is solved when you set the image, therefore setting the image might be slower - but it's slower only when you set the image after it is saved on the file system, the part of the code that loads the image from the file system is exactly the same, so in terms of smoothness it must be the same. (Maybe even quite better for large images because when saving them it resizes them to a smaller resolution)
    2) You're saying you get lag after notification center is on your screen - that can't be because of Custom NC Background, because it loads the image when you pull notification center - once it is on the screen the image is loaded and any lag you see just can't be because of Custom NC Background.

Personally, when I used SBSettings as a notification center widget I found it to be very slow and very laggy, even if it's the only widget and there are no other tweaks (related to notification center) or widgets.

Please try to disable Custom NC Background from your settings app - is the lag gone?
    Please try to uninstall Custom NC Background from Cydia - is the lag gone?
    If you answered no to either of these questions then the lag is not Custom NC Background's fault.

Please try to disable the SBSettings widget (from your Settings app > notification > sbsettings > turn off 'notification center') - is the lag gone?
    (do this to any other widget you have)
    If you answered yes to this question to you found the culprit and it sure isn't Custom NC Background.

I must add that on my phone there are plenty of tweaks installed (and one of them is Intelliscreenx) and I don't experience any lag with Custom NC Background.

(It'd be nice if you can shoot a quick video demonstrating the issue)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cjori i was awaiting for ur reply thanks for ur concern.

YES after i disable NC custom background the lag gone.
    YES after uninstall it the lag gone.

NO after disable sbsettings, lag still remains. i don't know what happen.
    i didn install any other apps or any other tweaks after i upgrade NC custom background to the latest version.
    widgets scrolling can only be smooth with my default background in NC. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON. IS IT ONLY ME? Is there any solution about it cjori? Is it the only way is to restore?
    i know a background is just a satisfication but i really hope NC custom would work well in my iphone 4..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you are willing to help me help you, you are more than welcome to email me and I will send you some test versions, that way we'll track down what's causing the lag

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cjori For This Useful Post:

Eason Chiang (01-14-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I, too, am having the same problem. with older version there was no lag when scrolling thought NC widgets, but now there is once i updated. Same background picture. nothing else has changed. as soon as i disable it, lag goes away. also notice when i open NC about 1/3 the way and let it drop by itself, it stutters all the way down. old version never had this problem. these are pretty minor issues to an otherwise great tweak. i still use it all the time but just a little bummed out about the lag.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123