Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd and Pod2g Update Progress of A5 Jailbreak

Thanks

Awesome, Keep up the hard work!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    The principle behind "jailbreaking" was NEVER "so all idevice users can have everything for free", and not once does the article mention "Saurik and all other Dreamteamers are doing all this so that the masses won't suffer, goodness of their hearts and for no profit". In fact feeling a sense of any entitlement towards everything for free is ridiculous to say the least. But anyways it's been said before. There's nothing wrong in making money doing something that benefits others and supporters are willing to pay for them. Anybody that pays bills understands that. I hope...
    Agreed. I'm happy that those guys are making money. They are all mad talented. I think there are many people that don't understand that it IS a business and that pod2g and the rest are out there are doing this work out of the goodness of their hearts and turning no profits. I don't see this being the case. I hope its not and its what keeps my faith that a jailbreak will always come eventually. Just my opinion. I do wish them luck and know that nothing is easy. Hopefully they all retire fat and happy with an umbrella drink in their hands everyday. Cheers!

So, do I update the ipad2 to 5.01 and loose my JB, do I wait only to find 5.1 is out and ?

Thanks

these guys are true magicians.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PADLOCK View Post
    these guys are true magicians.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by fklentz View Post
    So, do I update the ipad2 to 5.01 and loose my JB, do I wait only to find 5.1 is out and ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stryker_tc View Post

Agreed. I'm happy that those guys are making money. They are all mad talented. I think there are many people that don't understand that it IS a business and that pod2g and the rest are out there are doing this work out of the goodness of their hearts and turning no profits. I don't see this being the case. I hope its not and its what keeps my faith that a jailbreak will always come eventually. Just my opinion. I do wish them luck and know that nothing is easy. Hopefully they all retire fat and happy with an umbrella drink in their hands everyday. Cheers!
    Agreed... People do seem to complain about not having a JB immediately after it comes out. A "fix" to the wining and waiting etc=charge for the service or have a "business" / agreement in place that hires and or contracts out JBing. Saurik hosts a "app store" and I am sure makes money for his hosting services as well as some of his apps he develops (if not he should IMO). People are making money... that stated why not make it official and have a "dream team" get paid to JB the new FM / devices? After all its not like this cat and mouse is ever going to end. Might as well let these guy's make a buck. They seem to have the biggest heartburn and take the most beating while the devs that sell their JB apps and tweaks for a few $ on saurik's site wait patiently for the mad flood of purchases when all the hard work is completed.

For me the only thing I miss is using my facetime how it should be used! But, I can wait after all it was me that decided to upgrade my phone. Now, what i cannot wait for IS A FIX TO MY BATT LIFE. oh and the horrible sound quality in a call that sometimes soinds like a fax is being sent from ET's phone. (course that could be an ATT thing...)

Agreed... People do seem to complain about not having a JB immediately after it comes out. A "fix" to the wining and waiting etc=charge for the service or have a "business" / agreement in place that hires and or contracts out JBing. Saurik hosts a "app store" and I am sure makes money for his hosting services as well as some of his apps he develops (if not he should IMO). People are making money... that stated why not make it official and have a "dream team" get paid to JB the new FM / devices? After all its not like this cat and mouse is ever going to end. Might as well let these guy's make a buck. They seem to have the biggest heartburn and take the most beating while the devs that sell their JB apps and tweaks for a few $ on saurik's site wait patiently for the mad flood of purchases when all the hard work is completed.

For me the only thing I miss is using my facetime how it should be used! But, I can wait after all it was me that decided to upgrade my phone. Now, what i cannot wait for IS A FIX TO MY BATT LIFE. oh and the horrible sound quality in a call that sometimes sounds like a fax is being sent from ET's phone. (course that could be an ATT thing...)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Big thanks to all those working hard on this A5 JB! Very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by fklentz View Post
    I'd say go with the 5.0.1 because once 5.1 comes out. There might be no jailbreak or you'd have to wait some time for it. I'd Atleast get the 5.0.1 before its to late.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

damn i wish we had GeoHot he might have been arrogant about his talent but damn that guy had every right to. im sure he has a 4S thats already jailbroken and untethered same with the ipad 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    damn i wish we had GeoHot he might have been arrogant about his talent but damn that guy had every right to. im sure he has a 4S thats already jailbroken and untethered same with the ipad 2
    So does pod2g - I think. The reason the exploit couldn't be shared and why they are continuing to work is because the exploit that they have right now uses a developer privilege exploit that not everyone can use. So they are working to produce a new one.

Awesome work guys!!!Cant wait to be jailbroken again!!!this time on my 4S.I hope the apps can't tell and say sandbox when you attempt to use them like on the old 3.1.3

my hat's off to the dream team. I just wonder how long are we looking at here before an official A5 JB comes out....1 month..2month.. half a year....1 year.

I truly believe that the A6 is going to be JB proof.

keep up the good work guys and thanks!!!!!
    you'll have my donation once it comes out and fully works.
    Last edited by swifty7; 01-11-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    The principle behind "jailbreaking" was NEVER "so all idevice users can have everything for free"
    Just for the sake of correctness:
    There's more than one motive to keep all of this going and it sure as hell just isn't " Oh, it's so iDevice users can be free!" C'mon, now people.
    He said "user can be free", not "users can have everything for free."

Nice to know that 5.1 finally restored the 2G/3G toggle.

He's making a statement about motive, my statement, and not a direct reply to his post, was about principle. But I can see how it can be perceived as implied.
    Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    Just for the sake of correctness:

He said "user can be free", not "users can have everything for free."
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12