Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iHeadCase Is A Cool New Case That Stores Your Headphones - Coming Soon!

Default iHeadCase Is A Cool New Case That Stores Your Headphones - Coming Soon!

iHeadCase can be identified by its unique ergonomic shape.

Please view the video content on a computer - iOS doesn't support it.

Here's a case that will catch the eyeballs of the person looking at you. iHeadCase is a new case for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S that lets you store your headphones in a compartment that can be found in the rear of the case. Headphone-storing cases for the iPhone are not new - but iHeadCase makes them look so much nicer than having a huge jangled up headphone cord bulging out of the side of your iPhone like numerous other third party cases. With iHeadCase, you can be sure that your iPhone is protected and it feels as sleek as it looks. It was invented by Belal Breaga Bakht, a product designer, and Aqua Yost, an artist. Together with their combined efforts, we show you their beautiful new case.

The iHeadCase cradles your iPhone snugly, and it features a rear door that encompasses a windup-area where you can clip your headphones into the case and bring them anywhere that your iPhone goes. iHeadcase doubles as not only a headphone and iPhone case, but also as a kickstand that you can use to set your iPhone up on a table in front of you to watch a movie. The angle is just right. With the additional luxury of the iPhone's IPS (in-plane switching) display, you'll never lose your color view. Colors will be as crisp as they would be looking directly at the phone, even if you are at a slightly odd angle. When the headphones are wrapped inside, it packs up very nicely - like a present!

If the hard shell (polycarbonate) version of the iHeadCase seems like it isn't your style, then maybe the wallet version will have more of an impact on your desire to get one. It's made out of polyurethane which is a synthetic leather. It feels like real leather to the touch. Inside the wallet version, you will find the same headphone door on the rear, but you will also find that there is a cover on the front that protects your screen. That cover has a pocket in it where you can store some dollar bills, receipts, or credit cards.

The iHeadCase Wallet has the same basic structure as the iHeadCase. The only obvious difference is the material, but there is also that protective cover on the front to shield your screen. If you put keys on your pocket with your iPhone, then the iHeadCase Wallet will protect it from dents and scratches. To open and close it, just maneuver the flap that holds the cover on. It's a very beautiful looking case, and comfortable to hold as you can tell from the shape. Here is a video demonstration of the case and an introduction to the minds behind the iHeadCase series:

iHeadCase is working on being funded right now. They have achieved $6400 of their $30,000 goal. If the goal is met by backers who pay into the product to get one, then they will be manufactured starting in February. $25 will get you the iHeadCase and $40 will get you the iHeadCase Wallet. The plan is that if the iHeadCase is launched successfully, then it will be made widely available for not only the iPhone, but for the iPod touch, Blackberry handsets, Nokia handsets, Samsung handsets, and much more.

My thoughts about the case is that it looks elegant to hold. I'm not sure if I would want to pocket it, but it would go nicely with some other kind of carrying compartment. If you were a fan of the iPhone 3GS because of the curved backing of the phone's case, then you will probably like to have this case for your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S because not only will you get that feeling back but it will protect the iPhone and store your headphones too.

What are your thoughts about the iHeadCase series? Would you get one for your precious iPhone? Share in the comments.

Sources: Belal Breaga Bakht via KickStarter
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.

personally i wouldnt want it because of how big it is, i mean its thinker then most battery cases, but thats just me. I looks real nice though

Quote Originally Posted by 1pop23 View Post
    personally i wouldnt want it because of how big it is, i mean its thinker then most battery cases, but thats just me. I looks real nice though
    Aree 100% In a world of thinner and thinner smart phones why would most want to bulk up their device with something like this? Good idea but I don't see it becoming a huge seller. I still use a style of earbud that would fit but I see lots of people with full sized "cans" as of late.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao.

This has been done:

Cocoon Fastback– CCPC71 - Cocoon

And it did so well that they didn't make it for the iPhone4/4S! (sarcasm)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Heck no, too thick, and just ugly. Besides, you can purchase headphone wraps and just carrying pouches or cases separately. And the commercial makes it sound like you can't take or use headphones anywhere without this case. They act as if they invented headphones. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ronestmn View Post
    This has been done:

Cocoon Fastback– CCPC71 - Cocoon

And it did so well that they didn't make it for the iPhone4/4S! (sarcasm)
    Big difference. That one won't keep the headphones from getting tangled because there is no base to wrap them around. It also looks atrocious.

Please view the video content on a computer - iOS doesn't support it.

lol

would never carry that... its too big.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one of several things I am backing on Kickstarter. I want it for traveling on planes & busses/trains. I always seem to discover that I don't have my headphones handy so I have have to dig my headphones out of my backpack in the overhead compartment or when my backpack is somewhere in a tower of stacked luggage in the back of the shuttle bus. My phone is always in my pocket, now my headphones will be too.

or you could just use some retractable headphones that you can simply keep in your pocket without getting tangled...

thats actually really cool.i dont like how i have to wind them up though, i would like to be able just to throw them in there when im in a hurry.

Good idea in general, but it's too freaking huge!

I'd probably get this. Doesn't seem to bad at all and I always have that issue wishing I had my earbuds with me.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZama View Post
    or you could just use some retractable headphones that you can simply keep in your pocket without getting tangled...
    Cool as these are, these won't work if you use Siri, or want the controller that is in-line for anything else on the Apple buds. I even use my buds for snapping pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZama View Post
    Most of the time with retractable headphones you don't have a good selection. There are much better headphones on the market that aren't retractable which is why I wouldn't take that route.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

I'm not sure if I like it or not. It looks good and has great functionality but the size is just a touch too big. The magnetic back panel that those college kids come up with is a better idea. Heck, if I wanted a massively thick phone I'd get an Android!

Thanks

Looks like a computer mouse lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Most of the time with retractable headphones you don't have a good selection. There are much better headphones on the market that aren't retractable which is why I wouldn't take that route.
    Your video boxes don't show up on iPhone btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast