+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1 Beta 3 Released Today to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sepelcure My battery is draining noticeably faster and my phone is hotter now that I upgraded to 5.1 beta 3.😢 Wait for thr public release. Maybe that
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sepelcure View Post
    My battery is draining noticeably faster and my phone is hotter now that I upgraded to 5.1 beta 3.😢
    Wait for thr public release. Maybe that will be adressed.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I am hearing from about 70% of the people who have downloaded this that it actually fixes the battery problem.

Thanks

Well I have been off charge for 8 hours and usage is 2 hours and I'm on 80 percent, so the battery life is even more epic than beta 2 in my opinion

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christinamg82 View Post
    Is there a way to get added to someones dev account ??? I'd like to try out the beta iOS dm me or reply
    Check the forums on here. You should have no problem finding someone to help you out. It might take $5 or less though.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If the public release of iOS 5.1 precedes the release of an untethered JB for 5.01, willl that mean no JB for A5 devices when Apple stops signing 5.01 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ydhuldhoya View Post
    I hope the Bluetooth issue in carkits where the connection keeps getting dropped is resolved in 5.1. It's impossible to use right now.
    I've been wondering what was going on. I'm glad it's not just me because I was on the verge of buying a new headset.

I'm more interested in the battery issue being fixed. Since i upgraded to 5.0.1 my phone has been fine, but my wife's has been giving her fits. Sometimes, even though it's plugged in all night, it simply doesn't charge which causes quite a problem the next day when she needs to make it through the day on about a 15% charge (if she's lucky).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    If the public release of iOS 5.1 precedes the release of an untethered JB for 5.01, willl that mean no JB for A5 devices when Apple stops signing 5.01 ?
    We've waited this long, there is no way they would release the A5 jailbreak prior to 5.1 if 5.1 is coming out shortly. They won't take the chance of the iOS being patched prior to release of 5.1 if it is coming out within the next couple weeks - not worth it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bzpilot For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-10-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christinamg82 View Post
    Is there a way to get added to someones dev account ??? I'd like to try out the beta iOS dm me or reply
    I can add u to my dev account for free if u like u just have to find the ipsw files ur self. Add me on twitter @ dopeyrat and we can sort something out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Check the forums on here. You should have no problem finding someone to help you out. It might take $5 or less though.
    I think it's $99......

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Kind of a loaded question...or mis-stated possibly... Hopefully I get this right... If 5.0.1 untethered for A5 comes out after 5.1 public comes out, it is possible that the exploit may still be there... If so, then everyone could update to 5.1 and jb. If the A5 untethered comes out after 5.1 public comes out, and the exploit is not there, then whoever is still on 5.0.1 can still jb. You just shouldn't update to 5.1. If 5.0.1 untethered comes out before 5.1 public, then apple may be able to figure out the exploit used and plug it....Everyone who wants to should build a signed custom IPSW of 5.0.1 for their device now, so that if this does happen(apple quit signing 5.0.1), and you want to restore and re-jb on 5.0.1, you can.
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,778 Times in 6,873 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I think it's $99......

Kind of a loaded question...or mis-stated possibly... Hopefully I get this right... If 5.0.1 untethered for A5 comes out after 5.1 public comes out, it is possible that the exploit may still be there... If so, then everyone could update to 5.1 and jb. If the A5 untethered comes out after 5.1 public comes out, and the exploit is not there, then whoever is still on 5.0.1 can still jb. You just shouldn't update to 5.1. If 5.0.1 untethered comes out before 5.1 public, then apple may be able to figure out the exploit used and plug it....Everyone who wants to should build a signed custom IPSW of 5.0.1 for their device now, so that if this does happen(apple quit signing 5.0.1), and you want to restore and re-jb on 5.0.1, you can.
    Cant make custom firmware for A5 devices yet unfortunately.

Thanks

Yeah I know...I guess I should have specified...sorry

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12