+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Appears to be Exploring Xbox LIVE Gaming for Android and iOS Platforms

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Appears to be Exploring Xbox LIVE Gaming for Android and iOS Platforms

With the release of apps such as My Xbox LIVE, Halo Waypoint, the Kinectimals game, and a SkyDrive client in the iOS App Store, it isnít surprising to see Microsoft trying to expand further in the iOS platform. According to a recently-posted job listing, the Redmond based company is looking to port its Xbox Live gaming portal to the other platforms, including the iOS platform. Despite the release of the My Xbox LIVE app, the gameplay portion of the service currently remains a Windows Phone 7 only feature.

The job listing which was posted recently mentions the following:

Xbox LIVE Mobile team is looking for a passionate and experienced developer to join us in bringing Xbox LIVE entertainment experiences to various platforms. As the team inside IEB (Interactive entertainment Business) dedicated to mobile experiences, we work closely with the console software team and Xbox LIVE services to bring the latest and greatest gaming and entertainment experience to mobile platforms including Windows Phone, iOS, and other mobile platforms.
    With news of Xbox LIVE integration branching out to new platforms, many people are left confused as they saw Xbox LIVE integration as one of the key advantages that Windows Phone 7 had over its competitors. It could possibly be a sign that Microsoft understands that the Windows Phone platform isnít gaining enough traction with its consumers but with news of more Windows Phones coming out this year, it seems to be the companyís plot to just expand and take advantage of the communities that their competitors have accumulated.

For those of you who are iOS users who also utilize the Xbox LIVE service on the Xbox 360, this is great news. The Xbox LIVE marketplace is home to many downloadable games that are inexpensive and this means that Microsoft might be working to bring these to your iOS device as well. The thought of possibly playing Xbox LIVE Arcade titles on my iOS device leaves me with a lot to look forward to in the future.

Are any of you Xbox playing iOS users excited for whatís to come? Share any thoughts and comments below!

Source: SlashGear

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was actually just talking to friend of mine about how I thought the games marketplace on live, specifically games on demand are way to expensive. A lot of times you will find a game for $39.99 on the marketplace, but if you were to goto gamestop and get a used copy, it would only be about twenty dollars. Either way, I love the fact that microsoft is integrating the service to other platforms. I would love to play a game on my iPhone and add achievements to my XBOX account.

Banned
    Thanks

I dont know why MS doenst make xBox games exclusive to windows phones and tablets., that seems to be the only way they can really compete against iOS and Android.

I would buy a windows phone tablet in a heartbeat if I could play xBox games on it--xBox games, not tablet versions of xBox games.

What's Jailbreak? roflblargamapep's Avatar
    Thanks

Would love to be able to earn xbox live achievements in arcade or full games on my iphone and ipad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I dont know why MS doenst make xBox games exclusive to windows phones and tablets., that seems to be the only way they can really compete against iOS and Android.

I would buy a windows phone tablet in a heartbeat if I could play xBox games on it--xBox games, not tablet versions of xBox games.
    Not gonna happen for a while.
    You can get xlive achievements on your phone thoo=)

Quote Originally Posted by roflblargamapep View Post
    Would love to be able to earn xbox live achievements in arcade or full games on my iphone and ipad.
    word