Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whozcalling Now Available In the Cydia Store!

Default Whozcalling Now Available In the Cydia Store!

Are you tired of those people that call you who aren't on your contact list? Find out who they are!

If you have ever owned an Android phone, chances are that you know about the Whozcalling application. It's a free application that activates when you get an incoming call from someone that isn't in your contacts. Whozcalling then searches a database for that phone number and it retrieves a first and last name so that you always know who is calling you whether they're in your contact list or not. This means that you will no longer have to suffer with clandestine callers who are always trying to hide their identity from you by using someone else's phone.

Another use is that if a stranger calls and it turns out to be a wrong number, you will know ahead of time instead of wasting time answering it. Or, maybe a family member got a new phone and is calling you to tell you. Whozcalling is a great way to know exactly who is calling you at all times. When the incoming calls comes in, you will get a Whozcalling popup like the one in the screenshot above. It shows the number, like usual, in the top panel of the lock screen. Then the popup displays the first and last name of the caller.

Whozcalling requires an internet connection; 3G or Wi-Fi. It puts an application icon on your home screen that offers a call history of all of your recently tagged calls. Miss the call while it was in your pocket? No problem. Just open the application and you'll find a screen that looks like the one pictured below:

They're blurred out to hide identities (obviously), but it shows you the first and last name, the city and state, and their full phone number. That's more than enough information to identify who just called you. Whozcalling makes the iPhone's caller ID feel more like true caller ID because with your home phone, you don't need to add people to a contact list to get the caller ID on them. I think that this application is a must-have. The only thing that I can't stand about this application is the icon - it's a circle, and feels out of place with the rest of my applications. Other than that, it works great.

Whozcalling has a great rating between four and five out of five stars. It's free in Cydia as of today and I think if you're looking for a solution to finding out who that annoying caller is, then you should check it out and see if it works for you.

Name: Whozcalling
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-175
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Whozcalling
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Is Whozcalling something that you would download and use? Share in the comments.

Sources: Whozcalling

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this work with numbers that call privately? If not, is there other applications that can do so?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hold on, anyone one care to explain, where will this app get for example MY name, if i call someone who uses it?
    There is nothing on this topic here... FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by dennder View Post
    Hold on, anyone one care to explain, where will this app get for example MY name, if i call someone who uses it?
    There is nothing on this topic here... FAQ
    It uses a database. Probably kept secret for obvious reasons. They're a corporation and it's a trade secret.

just installed it and it didn't recognise me as the caller when using my iPhone 4S to call my old iPhone 4 (obviously, where the app is installed).

This doesnt work... Couldnt find a single number from my entire call history.

Awesome, now I need to find someone to call me. Downloaded the android version of course
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 01-07-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Been an android user since the begininng and I never knew about this. Will have tot try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Does this work with numbers that call privately? If not, is there other applications that can do so?
    Am using trap call which I downloaded off the app store and it's $5 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by CD65 View Post
    just installed it and it didn't recognise me as the caller when using my iPhone 4S to call my old iPhone 4 (obviously, where the app is installed).
    im not sure, but i think it only works with numbers that are registered, like the ones in a phonebook. so your mobile number won't be there

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish there was an application to simply show the city state the call originated from. Obviously the iPhone is able to determine it, but it only shows it in the call log and not when the call is actually coming through. I did some searching for such an app and it seems there used to be one but it isn't compatible with ios 5.

It would also be nice to know if this works outside the us, and obviously with blocked numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    I would GUESS that it can not because people pay the phone company to remain private.
    Hmm...

anyone had problems installing this? I keep getting a springboard crash with it and had to uninstall.

Okay, I thought I'd give this a shot (hey, it's free, right?). Installed it and it went back to Nov. 30 and tried to identify all calls I got that weren't listed in my Contacts. Except for one called Top Spammer, one (multiple) for NumberGuru Top Spammer, and one Unknown Number, all the rest just say No Matches Available. I can't say that that is especially helpful. But then, it was free, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It uses a database. Probably kept secret for obvious reasons. They're a corporation and it's a trade secret.
    It uses NANPA, and it most assuredly is not kept secret. It's your information, why the hell would it be kept from you?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't identify any of my past call history either...

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    It uses NANPA, and it most assuredly is not kept secret. It's your information, why the hell would it be kept from you?
    So just because you disagree with someone who could possibly be wrong you have to call people names...grow up.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

also what's the difference between this and whoiscalling? also from the bigboss repo.

Quote Originally Posted by pakostevens View Post
    also what's the difference between this and whoiscalling? also from the bigboss repo.
    I assume your talking about the AppStore app... That one is not free. You start off with credits and when your credits run out they start charging your iTunes account. Free app that is not free
    This app is free with no hidden charges(that I can see anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by pakostevens View Post
    anyone had problems installing this? I keep getting a springboard crash with it and had to uninstall.
    Didn't have a springboard crash, but the app crashes every time I load it. Got enough time to accept the terms, then poof.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast