Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whozcalling Now Available In the Cydia Store!

Quote Originally Posted by chrislouter View Post
    It would also be nice to know if this works outside the us, and obviously with blocked numbers...
    It doesn't work with blocked numbers.

Source: F.A.Q.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It crashes upon opening. Any remedies?

I thought it said Wozcalling! LOL!

works on the wifes 3Gs (ios4) and it just crashes on my iphone 4 (ios5)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Does this work with numbers that call privately? If not, is there other applications that can do so?
    Try trapcall.com for anonymous calls. I had it when it first came out.
    Its a monthly subscription though. They have a bunch of features, I don't use it anymore though cuz I don't get as many blocked calls anymore. But it is bad *** and it works. Ps. This isn't a commercial.

I tried this app on my wife's phone because she has been getting calls that could use it. It simply does not work. It doesn't even register my name which she has as a contact in her phone. Good thing it is free, it would suck if it cost.

Nice app but its crashing in iOS5

i just tried this. its does not work as advertised. caller id shows up, then says.. "fetching......" then comes back unknown. i tried it with my land land as well as my other cell phone. both numbers are listed and unrestricted but it does not find it.

removing app..

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    Didn't have a springboard crash, but the app crashes every time I load it. Got enough time to accept the terms, then poof.
    Same thing here.

So weird... no crashes here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    It doesn't identify any of my past call history either...

So just because you disagree with someone who could possibly be wrong you have to call people names...grow up.
    I don't see any name calling. What are you talking about?
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1 Clean

Windows 7

Some number in my contact list but still show unknown number.

Is there a cost per call or something? or is it completely free?

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Is there a cost per call or something? or is it completely free?
    Completely free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

It is still crashing on my phone with 5.0.1 after installing the latest update and doing a reboot.

wish some of these programmers would actually get with people that have a design sense!!! i mean those graphics are crazy lame..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

tellytel (01-09-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It uses a database. Probably kept secret for obvious reasons. They're a corporation and it's a trade secret.
    What database? How it gets populated? Where do numbers in the database come from?
    That is what i meant by asking how it works.

For example: does it fetch your whole phonebook to their server and then create registered entries? I see no other way, other than personally giving numbers-to-names to them, to create the DB in the first place.
    Where in the hell-hole could it get a number-to-name information for sim cards sold without contract to random buyer, when even operator does not possess such information...

Have you even though about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    It uses NANPA, and it most assuredly is not kept secret. It's your information, why the hell would it be kept from you?
    NANPA is for, obviously, North America. FAQ states that app works anywhere, so if i'd get called let's say from Zimbabwe, it should provide info.

P.S.
    Unless the way DB gets populated is known, and there is guarantee app does not fetch your whole phonebook, unless you do not care of course, i strongly discourage anyone from using it.
    Because if it does fetch phonebook info, all who use it are giving hell-of-a-lot information about who's numbers is who's to some random private company, who then can simply sell it to spammers / interested parties etc.
    Last edited by dennder; 01-08-2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: P.S. added
    PRAETORIANNI NONNUMQUAM IN PROELIO NUMQUAM IN BELLO SUPERANTUR

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Default Same springboard crash here
    Quote Originally Posted by pakostevens View Post
    anyone had problems installing this? I keep getting a springboard crash with it and had to uninstall.
    Hello all,

I have the same problem as yours.
    I am on 5.0.1 iPhone 4. Had to uninstall it to go out from safe mode.
    I used to use it before upgrading to 5.0.1, i was on 4.3.3 and it was working like a charm, but not now.
    Also sent an email to the developer to fix this issue telling him that i also have the following call related Apps installed:
    Callbar
    iBlacklist
    iSmartdialler

Hope he finds a solution to this.

To whom who are asking how does this work, let me explain it in few lines.
    Once you install the App it will upload the complete contact list found on your device to their servers without even asking your permission.
    This way they collect as many phone numbers as possible in all different countries even for unregistered users.
    When you use it you will notice a very funny names fetched while you receive a call like "Mom of Elias" and "George insurance" this is what I've got at least. (Depending on how other users saved some numbers in their contacts).
    The more it's downloaded and used the more the database will grow up and expend. It is very popular in my country and it's very rare that you receive an unknown caller.

TC "True Caller" from the App Store does exactly the same but it will ask you the permission to upload your contacts before doing it. Also it has no real time (While ringing) fetching for names, it has a manual search for any number in any country.
    Of course Whozcalling is much more usefull but unfortunately it's not working on my 5.0.1 device.

Can anyone confirm if it's causing the device to always go in "Safe mode" right after installing it?

Thank you
    Fady Tabar.

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Does this work with numbers that call privately? If not, is there other applications that can do so?
    Seriously man?!
    Of course NOT!

Man this app is aweeeeeeeeeeesome!
    Beats all in the market
    And it's for free.
    Now people only start attackin it that it's fake and bull$hit just cuz they're not payin or it!

WhozCalling is a really great app. And IS WORKING FINE.
    Cydia is the problem not your goddamn phones nor downloaded app
    Last edited by Mandy88; 01-09-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast