+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Updated to Version 1.1; Adds 16 New Languages + More Features + Fixes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Springtomize will be supporting sixteen new languages thanks to generous helpers. Springtomize 2 for iOS 5 is an application that was released by iOS developer Filippo Bigarella that lets you
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Springtomize 2 Updated to Version 1.1; Adds 16 New Languages + More Features + Fixes

Springtomize will be supporting sixteen new languages thanks to generous helpers.

Springtomize 2 for iOS 5 is an application that was released by iOS developer Filippo Bigarella that lets you customize every last crevice of your SpringBoard. It pretty much leaves no rock unturned, as the root words of the name suggests (SpringBoard-Customize; Springtomize). About a month ago we reported on its release and included a really long review about what its features could do. Since then, more features have been added. But, with the update 1.1 that is coming, we are excited to say that not only English speakers will be able to use this application comfortably.

Version 1.1 of Springtomize 2 for iOS 5 will support sixteen new languages:
    1. Arabic
    2. Catalan
    3. Chinese (traditional)
    4. Dutch
    5. French
    6. German
    7. Greek
    8. Hebrew
    9. Hungarian
    10. Korean
    11. Malay
    12. Polish
    13. Portuguese
    14. Spanish
    15. Swedish
    16. Turkish

Feature-wise, Springtomize 1.1 will give you the option to hide the padlock from status bar when you are on the lock screen, let you choose whether or not you want to use iOS 5's Notification Center by giving you the ability to disable it altogether, and let you change the color of your clock on your lock screen. Springtomize 2 has also been updated to work with chpwn's Infinidock jailbreak tweak which enables the ability to scroll through your dock with inertial or paging methods. Not only does it work with it, but you can enable the dock flow effect in Springtomize 2 and Infinidock will let the lock scroll through the applications just like you were scrolling through media in Cover Flow.

In addition to features, one major bug and some other glitches were rubbed out of the patina of Springtomize 2. There was a bug causing the, "Always Show WP" effect to not work under certain odd circumstances - this feature allowed you to see your SpringBoard wallpaper on your lock screen even when the iDevice was charging, so it would show your wallpaper instead of the black background with the large green battery. This has been fixed; additionally, many small improvements have been made to increase performance and minor big fixes. The respring function and the settings loading have been tweaked a little bit with a better method which is better on performance overall.

We would like to give a big thanks to all of the translators who helped translate Springtomize 2 from English to all of the other sixteen new languages. All of their names can be viewed in the credits and change log for Springtomize 2 version 1.1 from this link. If you're native in one of the new languages and you notice anything slightly off, you can tell the people who helped to translate Springtomize 2 and it can hopefully be resolved. The update is live in Cydia right now (1.1-1).

If you're not a native English speaker, will support for any of these sixteen new languages make you consider buying Springtomize 2? Share in the comments.

Sources: Filippo Bigarella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

Yeah! Cheers!

Thanks

Definitely need to get this

What's Jailbreak? Donald Trumps Hair's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for helping us out with the "(SpringBoard-Customize; Springtomize)" explanation...we never would have figured that one out for ourselves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this update fix the battery issue? I know when I had it enabled I would have less than 20% battery by 5PM. With it turned off I currently have 40% and it is 10PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    Does this update fix the battery issue? I know when I had it enabled I would have less than 20% battery by 5PM. With it turned off I currently have 40% and it is 10PM.
    Springtomize doesn't have a battery issue - it doesn't use any battery resources. Check with other things that you have installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Springtomize doesn't have a battery issue - it doesn't use any battery resources. Check with other things that you have installed.
    I only saw my battery life come back after disabling this tweak but if that is not the problem then which if these are the problem?
    Activator (nothing set), AppBackup, AskToCall, Bigify, iAnnounce (disabled), Icon Renamer, My3G, MyWi, NowListening, OpenSSH (is off), Pull To Dismiss, SBSettings, WeatherIcon, Winterboard (nothing enabled), ZoomIsBack!

I have had Springtomize off for a few days after initially installing and setting it up. I have just re-enabled it so I will see how it goes.

Thanks

I only saw my battery life come back after disabling this tweak but if that is not the problem then which if these are the problem?
    Activator (nothing set), AppBackup, AskToCall, Bigify, iAnnounce (disabled), Icon Renamer, My3G, MyWi, NowListening, OpenSSH (is off), Pull To Dismiss, SBSettings, WeatherIcon, Winterboard (nothing enabled), ZoomIsBack!

I have had Springtomize off for a few days after initially installing and setting it up. I have just re-enabled it so I will see how it goes.
    The most likely is WeatherIcon because it installs a launch daemon that runs in the background at all times.

Thanks

I have used WeatherIcon for years and never had an issue with it. I have had it installed on iOS 5 since it became compatible and well before I even bought Springtomize. Unless it is incompatible with WeatherIcon.

Z!G
    Thanks

The Coverflow effect with infinidock is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The most likely is WeatherIcon because it installs a launch daemon that runs in the background at all times.
    AppBackup..................Soooooooo many extensions to use that.............WeatherIcon will not cause battery drain...

The daemon whoever that kid was, was talking about is only for setting your own update interval in the WeatherIcon settings.

If you do not set the interval......it uses the stock weather update daemon.

So that cannot be the cause...........I have not notced extra battery drain , even while using it's built in update daemon.

Either check other things................or Springtomize is conflicting with something you have installed (or a certain Springtomize setting is conflicting with a tweak you have installed...............Be sure that you don't have a setting set in Springtomize that another tweak u have installed, is doing the same thing).....................But Springtomize itself does not cause battery drain.

I have used WeatherIcon for years and never had an issue with it. I have had it installed on iOS 5 since it became compatible and well before I even bought Springtomize. Unless it is incompatible with WeatherIcon.
    It's not
    Last edited by Z!G; 01-07-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z!G View Post
    AppBackup..................Soooooooo many extensions to use that.............WeatherIcon will not cause battery drain...

The daemon whoever that kid was, was talking about is only for setting your own update interval in the WeatherIcon settings.

If you do not set the interval......it uses the stock weather update daemon.

So that cannot be the cause...........I have not notced extra battery drain , even while using it's built in update daemon.
    I really have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say, "The daemon whoever that kid was." Because it sets up a launch daemon, it eats battery. There isn't a way to rule that out - daemons run in the background until you remove them. That is their cause.

Again, I'm having a really hard time making sense of your first and second paragraphs - could you explain more? Maybe use sentences?

Even if you set an interval - it launches at those intervals. If you're not noticing a problem with WeatherIcon alone, it doesn't mean that WeatherIcon's launch daemon isn't conflicting with something in Springtomize 2.

Thanks

Since re-enabling it yesterday I am at 51% and it is almost 9:30. I have not used my phone nearly as much today as I would during the weekday and it did not come off the charger until around 4 hours later than a weekday. I should know more by Monday if there is a dramatic issue.

My only thought could be that Bigify is somehow interfering but it works so much better and has features I use for the icons.

AppBackup is not the issue because I have used that from Day 1 of owning a iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The coverflow effect works with infinidock. But with infinifolders installed, it sort of messes up some of the icons in the folders. And with FolderEnhancer installed, it messes the icons if using horizontal scrolling, but is fine with vertical scrolling.

Thanks

Nice, been waiting for an update. I prefer when apps get updates to improve performance rather than to add features but this update added both

iPhone? More like MyPhone LanCo Rider's Avatar
    Thanks

It definitely caused a minor battery issue with my iPhone 4 (5.0.1)

It is definitely draining faster than normal and no settings have changed. I actually took a few customization settings off in attempt to save battery with not much luck. Hopefully this is fixed in a near update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
    It definitely caused a minor battery issue with my iPhone 4 (5.0.1)

It is definitely draining faster than normal and no settings have changed. I actually took a few customization settings off in attempt to save battery with not much luck. Hopefully this is fixed in a near update.
    Yup, reporting a battery drain on Springtomize 2 version 1.0-8 as well. I flew on a 4.5 hour flight on Monday and all I did was play music on airplane mode no less and the battery drained 40%!! Shocked to see it at 20%...it's suppose to get 40 hours of music time, so there was definitely some major leakage.

Flight back, had Springtomize disabled...back to normal. Maybe lost 2% on the 3 hour flight back.

Those who had batt issues, anyone reporting the same issues with the new version?

iPhone? More like MyPhone LanCo Rider's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I may have found where my conflict was. I had biteSMS set to disable badges on the messages icon. I also had Springtomize set to "disable all badges". I disabled the biteSMS label hide option and left it up to Springtomize to hide badges. I noticed a battery improvement right away.