+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Assembles A5 Jailbreak Dream Team

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A5 Jailbreak research just got a Pulp Fiction style adrenaline shot to the cerebellum this morning as pod2g announced the assembly of a jailbreak hacking “dream team.” The list of
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pod2g Assembles A5 Jailbreak Dream Team

A5 Jailbreak research just got a Pulp Fiction style adrenaline shot to the cerebellum this morning as pod2g announced the assembly of a jailbreak hacking “dream team.”

The list of hackers working together to produce a public release of the A5 jailbreak is daunting. @planetbeing, @MuscleNerd, p0sixninja, and of course pod2g are combining their hacking prowess into the Jailbreak equivalent of Captain Planet.

Here is pod2g's entire blog post entitled "Sandbox difficulties."

@planetbeing, the legendary hacker behind iPhone Linux and lot of jailbreaks (seehttp://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:Planetbeing) has joined the A5 research!

The famous @MuscleNerd (User:MuscleNerd - The iPhone Wiki), the leader of the iPhone Dev Team, who did a lot of tests for Corona and whom integrated it and made it simple in redsn0w is willing to help also.

And last, but not least @p0sixninja (Userosixninja - The iPhone Wiki), the leader of the Chronic Dev Team, and my partner for years on iPhone security research has started to code and fuzz the Apple sandbox.

We now have a dream team to find a path for a public release of the A5 jailbreak.

Cross your fingers.
    If anyone can produce an A5 jailbreak in a timely fashion it will be this group of hackers. Our fingers are crossed, our pockets filled with rabbit feet, our walls covered in four leaf clover wallpaper, and I personally haven’t stopped dressing like a leprechaun and talking with an Irish accent for days.

Source: pod2g

Thanks

Work on the A5 JB is gathering pace real fast. Could we really see it within the next week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    I am excited to hear this. Throughout all of the negative feedback this guy goes and pushes even harder to give us what we all are looking for. Great Job in advance for putting the effort out to make this happen.
    THANK YOU !!!!!

#GREATFULIPHONEUSER

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I truly appreciate all the hard work. Waiting patiently

Rob

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I suppose drafting Geohot and Comex (under a new name of course) is completely out of the question. I don't follow tweets much, so what are those guys up to beside beings Apples and FBs best kept secrets???!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't forget - @Saurik also helped pod2g with the A5 cache issue.

All the big guns are on this.

Thanks

Sorry...but this thread isn't complete without this:

I'M TIRED OF THE LAZY SO-CALLED DEVS NOT RELEASING AN A5 JB. Put it together already. Seriously, the A4 has been released for over a week now and we A5 owners are tired of pod2g and others sitting around picking their collective nose. PITIFUL!

*Edit: it was obviously not evident I was being sarcastic. Every single thread/article discussing the A5 jailbreak has been riddled with posts like mine and I just wanted to make sure this thread kept that theme.

FWIW, I don't even have an A5 device I really want jailbroken, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 01-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's this now?^^ Can't decide if i should love those JB Hackers or hate them. First it's whitin the next days, yesterday it seemed rather impossible to create an A5 JB. It really would be nice to have one clear statement stating the REAL progress of the JB. I don't need an ETA but some clue would be nice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 484 Posts

@bluemotion- you say you don't want an eta but some clue would be nice...what have you been reading for the last week???? CLUES pod2g and others could be stonewalling social sites and not saying anything if they really wanted to and honestly I wouldn't blame them one bit. They're doing this for the people and @AUZambo it's just sad that you take the time to respond to something without knowledge. Do you honestly think they would still be working on this or even talking about this if they weren't dedicated to helping people FOR FREE?? I'll stop my ranting but please people be grateful and informed or just sit on the sidelines waiting like the rest of us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post

I'M TIRED OF THE LAZY SO-CALLED DEVS NOT RELEASING AN A5 JB. Put it together already. Seriously, the A4 has been released for over a week now and we A5 owners are tired of pod2g and others sitting around picking their collective nose. PITIFUL!

I hope your not serious! If your ignorant enough to actually write this comment... I suggest you read what the actual issue is prior to making such a comment. The JB is there.. and its not that they don't want to release it... right now an Apple's Developers account is required to be able to JB... thus a public release is pending until these guys can figure out how to either get you the required files legally or another way to bundle it.... and well if you knew this then you are just plain ignorant as I stated earlier. I would rather it not be released so people like you cant get your ungrateful hands on it..

I am sick of coming to this forum and reading comments like yours. Its been said a thousands times ... these guy owe you nothing...

Quit your complaining and wait and if you cant.... go code your own JB....

Thanks

It's a real joy to see these people gather to crack all those things. They're pioneers. Cheers for that. And thanks!

By the way, sorry if off-topic, there's any progress in the Unlock process for 04.11.08 Baseband? (I'm one of the zillion stucked on that one...)

Happy 2012!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't wait for it then go make your own... oh wait, you're too incompetent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

amen

Green Apple
    Thanks

Clearly some people didn't see what AUZambo was doing.

I got it, and you're spot-on. A lot of people feel too entitled. On the other hand, I feel that the jailbreak hackers don't owe me a damn thing, and I'm more than grateful for everything they've done as a community since iOS wasn't called "iOS" and it was still on v1.1.1, including the original app store (Installer) created by Saurik.

Thanks

This sounds legendary! I think we'll be remembering this one for years to come. When all the big named devs came together to pump out a jailbreak that's been giving everyone headaches for weeks! Help support your dev's guys!

And lets not turn this into ANOTHER thread where tons of people hate on pod2g. It's getting old now...

Thanks

I like how you feel so entitled to a jailbreak. It's more of a privilege. Anyway very excited!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great news!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am glad that they are coming together, too bad GeoHotz isn't still on the scene, he could provide a lot of help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome awesome news. Hope they crack it soon.
    Just remember what happened to the Eagles so-called "Dream Team" though.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

What a stupid piece of ****. Excuse my bad English!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast