+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Assembles A5 Jailbreak Dream Team

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Netherscourge Am I the only one who saw that AUZambo was actually being sarcastic? Apparently so! Maybe I should have put a little laughing emoticon or something.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Am I the only one who saw that AUZambo was actually being sarcastic?
    Apparently so! Maybe I should have put a little laughing emoticon or something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is great news, I dont even own a 4s but none the less its great news as this could mean more siri ports

Thanks
    Thanked 15,196 Times in 6,976 Posts

Please keep the comments on the actual topic. Do not insult other members.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Don't sweat it. Some of us are actually intelligent enough to have gotten it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope that was a joke if it's that easy the get it ready for us

Thanks

This is AMAZING news!!
    I just updated and Jailbroke an old i4 last night, and boy do I miss CYDIA and all the goodies that accompany it!!
    DREAM TEAM in the house, now we're cookin' with FIRE!!

Last edited by Greatbiguns; 01-06-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks

I got it.. especially the previous statement eluded to the fact that you were being facetious.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

If you people would read AUZambo was being sarcastic,
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 01-06-2012 at 11:05 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Look, I sympathize with pod2g, but after so many similar posts, I also sympathize with AUZambo's sarcasm. I'm getting tired of reading complaints about the complainers. And if anybody bashes this post we're going to quickly degenerate into a Monty Python sketch.

So a couple of thoughts unrelated to bashing pod2g or the peeps that bash pod2g:

Very, very happy to see these folks working together (and welcome back planetbeing! Where have you been for the last two years?!?). Sadly, what pod2g is trying to do isn't that easy. Comex has been doing a solid job patching all those holes for Apple for the last six months. No guarantees that this dream team is going to come up with a quick injection method. There may never be a jailbreak for the 4S. (None but the very first iPhone 4 baseband has ever been cracked). Sooner or later Apple are going to offer pod2g a well-paid job. Once him and i0n1c are working for Apple, it'll be game over for quite some time. Even if a 4S jailbreak does materialize, we may never be able to restore back to it, so many people may lose their jailbreak by being forced to upgrade through a software crash.

IMHO, modmyi has been a bit guilty of spreading unrealistic optimism about the "imminent" 4S jailbreak from day 1. Actually, on day -1 modmyi suggested we download redsn0w in preparation to jailbreak our 4S: iPhone 4S Shipment Confirmations Surface - Be Fully Prepared To Pimp Your iPhone 4S

I used to believe that deep down, Apple somehow valued the innovation from jailbreak developers, but if that were ever the case, I think Apple has now changed its iTune. Their stance against jailbreaking is becoming increasingly aggressive and increasingly effective. Sorry to be a party pooper, but that's where we're at.

Now for the good news :-) Android is really catching up with iOS. The hardware is arguably already better - there are faster dual-core CPUs and large 1080x720 resolution screens out there right NOW. (Let's face it, it's pointless waiting months for a jailbreak when the hardware is out of date after a few weeks!) It may seem like Apple has you all pretty tightly by the balls with all your music on iTunes, all those Apple-only peripherals, other iDevices, cases, charging cables and dock connectors, but once you get over that, you folks may be surprised at how many of the tweaks we can't live without (SBSettings-like short-cuts, WiFi-hotspots, iBlacklist-like firewalls, loading of any "unauthorized" apps, etc.) are now available right out of the box on Android - without even having to root. Imagine being able to buy a phone and install whatever software you need on it right away. What a concept!

I'm just pointing out that those folks waiting on a jailbreak have choices other than iPhone. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect to see an A5 jailbreak any time soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Android is better than iOS on the phone. However the android tablet needs to improve a little bit but the Galaxy 10.1 is pretty darn close to it.

Thanks

The day after the 5.0.1 A5 JB is released, Apple will release 5.1 and hit the switch that kills battery life on 5.0.1!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    The day after the 5.0.1 A5 JB is released, Apple will release 5.1 and hit the switch that kills battery life on 5.0.1!
    And then Jailbreak developers will just patch it.

Thanks

Hack Avengers Assemble!!! Lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default A5 Jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    This is great news!!
    wonder what it will be called since they seem to have had some catchey names in the past?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry...but this thread isn't complete without this:

I'M TIRED OF THE LAZY SO-CALLED DEVS NOT RELEASING AN A5 JB. Put it together already. Seriously, the A4 has been released for over a week now and we A5 owners are tired of pod2g and others sitting around picking their collective nose. PITIFUL!

*Edit: it was obviously not evident I was being sarcastic. Every single thread/article discussing the A5 jailbreak has been riddled with posts like mine and I just wanted to make sure this thread kept that theme.

FWIW, I don't even have an A5 device I really want jailbroken, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
    Sarcasm is not taken lightly here, I know from personal experience. Anyway I saw you were being sarcastic, obviously many others did not.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Hahaha! I tweeted that same thing this morning!

@p0sixninja @pod2g @planetbeing @MuscleNerd - It's like "The Avengers" of Jailbreaking have united!!!! Can't wait!

...and this

@pod2g @p0sixninja @MuscleNerd @planetbeing - The DEVenger Team!!! Yes?....No?.... - - Sorry to be stupid!!! #DEVengerTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Avengers Assemble!!

lol
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-06-2012 at 12:37 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Good idea.

I think I'll start using (SARCASM)--> sarcastic comments here <--(SARCASM)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wonder what the Jailbreak will be called since they seem to have had some catchey names in the past?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This game is getting so old. I've been playing it since the beginning. Sick of sounding like a moron for defending a company that sells beautiful devices with awesome operating systems, that are deliberately crippled. Then they put countless efforts and money into fighting you like your an enemy when your their customer. seriously, fxck you apple. I'm about over it. The company as a whole is an asshxole. I shouldn't have to waste so much of my valuable time screwing around trying to get their products to work they way I want because I shelled out the serious cash for it. It's just rude. If they completely thwart the ability to jailbreak, i'lll never buy another. which is sad because i do believe them to be the best. I LOVE my I4s. Except the part where it's not allowed to do anything. Whoever makes these policies should be punched in the balls, every morning, as soon as they wake up. Hard.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ianblondeau For This Useful Post:

szr (01-06-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Work on the A5 JB is gathering pace real fast. Could we really see it within the next week. Fingers crossed.

I got my fingers and toes crossed for this one!! Go get it team! You can do it!! lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha