+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Unlock Your iDevice Directly to the Music Application

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Unlock Your iDevice Directly to the Music Application

Do you listen to music on your iDevice often?

Are you a frequent listener of music on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad? iOS is an amazing operating system for music playing. It allows you to control your music from your lock screen using the iPod controls that appear on your lock screen when you double tap the home button. It appears along with the camera button. What do you do though, when you want to change to a different song? Do you unlock your iDevice? Do you fumble around to find your Music application on your SpringBoard? Do you enter a passcode before doing all of that?

Check out this neat new jailbreak tweak called Recludo by iOS developer Nicoḷ Ciraci (iStopped). Recludo makes it so that when you double tap your home button on the lock screen to enable the iPod controls and then you unlock your iDevice, the operating system will automatically unlock to the Music application. If, on the other hand, you don't have the iPod controls enabled on your lock screen, your iDevice will unlock to the home screen like normal. Here is a video demonstration of the before and after installing Recludo on your iDevice:

I think that Recludo is a useful jailbreak tweak because I listen to music very often on my iPhone. I think that it's a great idea to open the Music application when you unlock your iDevice while you have the iPod controls open on the lock screen. Since your iDevice unlocks like normal when the iPod controls are not displaying, Recludo doesn't get in the way of you using your iDevice for other things.

What I like about Recludo is that it makes it easier to change between music on the fly. It's great for iPod power-users. It's even great if you're not that much of a music listener - you can use when you need it. With the standard iPod controls, all you can do is tap next and back between songs, while Recludo offers you an easy way to pick from a list of your own music from your iDevice. Recludo doesn't have any settings to configure in the Settings application and it doesn't add any new icons to your home screen. Recludo also works with iOS 5. To disable the features of Recludo, you will need to uninstall the tweak from Cydia. Recludo is free and can be downloaded today; if you listen to music, then give it a shot!

Name: Recludo
    Price: FREE
    Repo: Modmyi
    Version: 1.0
    Developer: iStopped
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

What are your thoughts about Recludo? Share in the comments.

Sources: iStopped
    A special thanks to Ryan Petrich for the Display Recorder software used for the video demo, and to Moeseth for the video music.

Thanks

helpful little mod. nice simple app and nice review.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would be nice to switch to whatever app is currently playin and not just music.app -- for instance, 99% of the time I'm using Downcast to listen to audiobooks and podcasts.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Go on, rub it in, everyday I read about more fantastic jailbreak tweeks for my phone, but alas just like the rest, I can't use it,punished for having a 4S

Green Apple
    Thanks

MOD? More like a shortcut...pointless for me personally.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

very nice.. but.. let's saying im playing music and i get a text. when i slide to unlock, will it go to my text or music list?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    very nice.. but.. let's saying im playing music and i get a text. when i slide to unlock, will it go to my text or music list?
    It will go to your text message. The only time it goes to the Music application is when your iPod controls are showing. If you slide to answer the text message instead of the slide to unlock bar, you will go to the text message regardless. It's free, try it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi can somebody please test it and tell me if it's working with iOS 5.1.1 , on my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1) isnt working!
    Last edited by closser; 09-03-2012 at 01:16 PM.