+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Looking for A Way to Dismiss Lock Screen Notifications?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 754 Posts

Default [Review] Looking for A Way to Dismiss Lock Screen Notifications?

You know those iOS 5 notifications that pile up on your lock screen?

There has come with the new iOS 5 operating system, a new method of notifications. This method allows your notifications to stack up one over the other on your lock screen instead of the way that iOS 4 would only show you one at a time. If you have been annoyed by the large pile of notifications on your lock screen, then maybe you should check out this new jailbreak tweak that has been dubbed Ipsum by iOS developer Nicolò Ciraci (iStopped).

Ipsum adds to the intuitive iOS 5 interface by allowing you to dismiss notifications on your iDevice lock screen. Usually, when you unlock your iDevice and then go back to your lock screen, the notifications will disappear. But, let's say that you have a pass code or even worse - a longer password. Maybe that might seem like too much work for you to go and dismiss all of the notifications for your lock screen. Or, maybe you don't want to dismiss all of them, but instead just one embarrassing one, or maybe you want to delete one to keep the rest as a reminder for something. Whatever the case, check out Ipsum. Here is a video demonstration on how it works:

Ipsum is free in Cydia and as you can see the video above, you can slide all the way to the right to activate the tweak and then slide all the way to the left to invoke it. When you slide to the right and not to the left, the iDevice will open the application that the notification is in. If you slide it to the right and then to the left, it will dismiss the notification like it was never on your lock screen to begin with. I think that it's a nice little addon to have, whether you might use it or not. It doesn't get in the way of anything, plus, being free you have nothing to lose.

After you install Ipsum, there are no settings to configure in your Settings application and there are no applications added to your home screen. It starts working right after you install it. The only way to disable it is to uninstall it from Cydia. Hopefully you won't be a jerk and use Ipsum to hide your friend's notifications from them...

Name: Ipsum
    Price: FREE
    Repo: Modmyi
    Version: 1.1
    Developer: iStopped
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

What are your thoughts about Ipsum? Share in the comments.

Sources: iStopped

Thanks

I like intelliscreenX for the same task but for those that don't want to pay then it's a good way to go!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks good. Can you send me a link for the wallpaper?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Downloaded initial release yesterday and caused the springboard to crash and a simple reboot and uninstall but the current release has worked fine so far.

Good stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghulamsameer View Post
    Looks good. Can you send me a link for the wallpaper?
    Yes! I love the wallpaper you have, where can I get more like this? And of course, where kind I get the one you currently have x)
    It Takes One To Know One

Thanks

This is the wallpaper I use:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Awesome! now all we need is a tweak to leave notification on the lock screen after unlocking, basically mirroring the notification center, (notifications stay put till you act on them.) If anyone knows of a tweak that does this please let me know, and no I will not spend 9.99 on IntellisceenX for that one feature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmeb View Post
    Awesome! now all we need is a tweak to leave notification on the lock screen after unlocking, basically mirroring the notification center, (notifications stay put till you act on them.) If anyone knows of a tweak that does this please let me know, and no I will not spend 9.99 on IntellisceenX for that one feature.
    IntelliScreenX is the tweak that does that and likely will be the only tweak that ever does that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I couldn´t find it on cydia!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree we need that tweak. I'm an ISX owner and I still think that would be nice, b/c I don't like ISX always covering my lockscreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone big_frog's Avatar
    Thanks

why when i save the wallpaper the size said 533*800?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why not spend your $10 on all the awesome features intelliscreenX has? i couldn't use my iphone without it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    why not spend your $10 on all the awesome features intelliscreenX has? i couldn't use my iphone without it.
    Because I like my lockscreen exactly how it is, except for my notifications going away when I unlock the device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG683 View Post
    I agree we need that tweak. I'm an ISX owner and I still think that would be nice, b/c I don't like ISX always covering my lockscreen
    It doesn't always cover your lock screen. There is a setting that you can enable to have it only appear when you slide down.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LockInfo might do this for you. It has some pretty nice features.