Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Angry Birds Downloaded 6.5 Million Times Christmas Day

Default Angry Birds Downloaded 6.5 Million Times Christmas Day

Christmas morning came and went and with it new smartphone and tablet owners downloaded Angry Birds 6.5 million times.

The total includes downloads of three different versions Rovio’s game including Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, and Angry Birds Seasons. The downloads included a mix of paid and free downloads, although an exact split of paid verse free sales was not given.

The number of downloads far exceeds last Christmas’s download number of two million across iOS and Android devices. However, it's still a small portion of the one billion apps reportedly downloaded during the week after Christmas this yearf according to Flurry analytics.

“We’re really excited to have such a massive number of new people get acquainted with Angry Birds over the holidays — we have exciting new releases lined up for 2012, and can’t wait to introduce them to the public,” Rovio’s Ville Heijari told AllThingsD.
    One billion apps in a week is amazing, as is 6.5 million Angry Bird downloads. Judging by the holiday totals new device owners and current owners flush with holiday cash and gift cards embraced both mobile app markets. However, it would be interesting to know the percentage of free apps downloaded compared to the percentage of paid for apps downloaded.

Source: All Things D

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang that's 6.5 million dollars with what like 15% going to apple that means the developers got at least 4 mill dang

I believe apple gets 30%

Thanks

Gotta love gift cards. Still it's money in their pocket. Dag

Lets get more in reality. Lets do 50/50 for the sake of math. 3.25 million free and 3.25 million paid. 1/2 iPhone 1/2 iPad. 1.63 million iPhone, 1.63 million iPad. 4.8 million paid to Apple for iPad version, 1.6 million paid to apple for iPhone version. (I took the middle app on iPad (rio) at 2.99 and .99 for iPhone version)

This means using the 50/50 math that Apple got 6.5 million dollars and the developer gets 4.5 million of that because Apple keeps 30%. Thats a great pay week but I suspect its far less as people in general are cheap and get free more often then not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple gets 30%.. like Jastra stated.

that's probably thanks to *********

*edit*
    why is that site unspeakable? i thought it was a 100% legit site and not a cracked app site?
    Last edited by n80r; 01-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I did one for my kindle fire. Lol.

that's probably thanks to *********

*edit*
    why is that site unspeakable? i thought it was a 100% legit site and not a cracked app site?
    id really love to know what site you are talking about, since i am a noob to this whole jailbreaking thing. If you dont mind could you please PM me

and before amyone judge me on this i have a reason and dont mean to pirate anything.