Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Pod2g Updates Blog With A5 Jailbreak FAQ Explaining Why it is Not Currently Possible

Default pod2g Updates Blog With A5 Jailbreak FAQ Explaing Why it is Not Currently Possible

A4 iDevice users have been enjoying the labor of love that is the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for over a week now. However, A5 device owners (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) still live in a jailbreakless world, and apparently many have expressed their displeasure to pod2g.

This displeasure resulted in pod2g posting the following FAQ on his blog this morning. It explains, in brief, why an A5 jailbreak is currently not possible.

How could pod2g have an untethered 4S and dev teams still haven't released tools to achieve this at home ?

The exploit I used to inject the untethering files to the 4S relies on having a developer account, and can't be released publicly.
    It's the same reason why @MuscleNerd has an iPad 2 tethered jailbreak but couldn't distribute it.

So, we need to find a distributable exploit to remount the system partition read/write and to set Corona files at the correct places.

Why A4 version of Corona was easier to release ?

Because a tethered jailbreak is a good way to install Corona!

Why don't you do a tethered jailbreak then ?

A tethered jailbreak also relies on an exploitable vulnerability that we still haven't found yet !

pod2g, release this stuff quick, [your insult here], I've waited enough now.
    While an A5 jailbreak will likely happen at some point in the future, don't expect it anytime soon. The fact that an untethered A4 iOS 5 jailbreak exists has no influence on the timeliness of the untethered A5 jailbreak's release. Patience is a virtue. A largely ignored one, but still a virtue.

Source: pod2g

*Thanks BSP (first tipster) and the many others who blew up our inbox with this tip this morning*
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 01-05-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

I wonder why he previously posted "in a week" then? Sad news. Understandable. But sad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What I don't get then is why he said 2 days ago it should be released in a week. Now you are saying to not expect it any time soon, whereas I didn't read that quote or statement anywhere in his FAQ.

Watch the typo in your "header" (Explaining**)
    Last edited by plnkeye21; 01-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

i will tell you why because a lot off w....pissed him off with all the insults here

Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I wonder why he previously posted "in a week" then? Sad news. Understandable. But sad.
    I heard from another dev that it'll prolly take a week to figure out how to transform the jailbreak from a Developer acct to a Public acct. so our A5 future JB 'might' be looking bright!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Maybe I'm not understanding everything here but the iPad 2 uses A5 correct? And that has a untethered jailbreak for 4.3.3 right (because I'm using it right now)?

So I'm assuming that the hardware is exploitable but somehow iOS5 has closed most holes to exploit that?

What sounded to me in this article is the A5 jailbreak is just not possible without using a developer account [on all iOS versions].

I think it's simply a case where he was overly optimistic a couple of days ago when he said "Step forward" and now he's not any closer to a public untethered A5 jailbreak than before unfortunately.

Default How do i get my money back from all the jailbreak apps that i broth from cydia
    Quote Originally Posted by keredn View Post
    I think it's simply a case where he was overly optimistic a couple of days ago when he said "Step forward" and now he's not any closer to a public untethered A5 jailbreak than before unfortunately.
    I seems to me that i have been trapped into buying lot of apps on cydia and that if an a5 jailbreak is not possible i should be entitle to a refund on all the the apps i Broth probably hundreds of dollars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding everything here but the iPad 2 uses A5 correct? And that has a untethered jailbreak for 4.3.3 right (because I'm using it right now)?

So I'm assuming that the hardware is exploitable but somehow iOS5 has closed most holes to exploit that?

What sounded to me in this article is the A5 jailbreak is just not possible without using a developer account [on all iOS versions].
    You are correct! He has an A5 iOS 5.x jailbreak that's based on a Developer acct. According to my other source, he will need a week to decrypt the kernel (just like he did w/ the A4 jailbreak) so the general public can use it w/out breaking Developer acct. rules.

BTW, the hardware is not what's exploitable...it's the software. This is why A5 devices can't get a tethered jailbreak because an A5 Processor hardware exploit hasn't been found yet. Does that make sense, now?
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-05-2012 at 09:33 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

How about releasing it any way since some people do have dev accounts, like me for instance! lol

Oh well, the dude worked his butt off, hopefully he can find a hole some where!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You are correct! He has an A5 iOS 5.x jailbreak that's based on a Developer acct. According to my other source, he will need a week to decrypt the kernel (just like he did w/ the A4 jailbreak) so the general public can use it w/out breaking Developer acct. rules.
    Surenix (@iSurenix)
    1/5/12 1:22 AM
    @pod2g sundayfunday

Sent from Shane's iPhone

Ok, your explanation makes me feel a tad bit more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyGascard View Post
    I seems to me that i have been trapped into buying lot of apps on cydia and that if an a5 jailbreak is not possible i should be entitle to a refund on all the the apps i Broth probably hundreds of dollars.
    Why would you be intitled to refund on your Cydia apps you purchased that has got nothing to do with pod2g and dev team it goes with out saying you can't jbthen you loose your Cydia apps prob ppl like you that dev team etc are pissed of with grow a pair like the rest of us and wait it out for the jailbreak

No one forced you to pay for the apps in the first place

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Surenix (@iSurenix)
    1/5/12 1:22 AM
    @pod2g sundayfunday

Sent from Shane's iPhone

LOL! I hope so!!!!!!

What I'm saying is that why is my iPad 2 jailbroken (untehered ) right now on 4.3.3? Is Jailbreakme 3.0 using a developer account to achieve this?

Why can't they used this same "code" to jailbreak iOS5? Is the injection process is what's using this "developer account" the problem or is this "code" that I'm using on my jailbroken iPad 2 not usable anymore on iOS 5?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What I'm saying is that why is my iPad 2 jailbroken (untehered ) right now on 4.3.3? Is Jailbreakme 3.0 using a developer account to achieve this?

Why can't they used this same "code" to jailbreak iOS5? Is the injection process is what's using this "developer account" the problem or is this "code" that I'm using on my jailbroken iPad 2 not usable anymore on iOS 5?

Thanks

Trying to follow what ur saying. No...the JBME3 exploit has already been patched...a long time ago. This 'code' is useless on iOS 5.x now. We don't know if the JBME3 was a Developer acct exploit BUT, if it was, it was converted to a Public Acct. before its release.

And now I feel Kina dumb, updating my iPad 2 to 5.0.1, and lost my 4.3.3 jailbreak. Can't live for long without the JB.
    Last edited by Salmonboy; 01-05-2012 at 10:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GuyGascard View Post
    I don't understand why you think you would be entitled to a refund. I have purchased numerous Cydia apps. Yet I know that when I buy a new iOS device, I am at the mercy of others to jailbreak, thus allowing me to use them. Be patient. These people do this as a courtesy. On their own time. This is not their full time job. If it comes, that's great. If not, move on... The part that kicks me in the butt is that I always have to have the latest iOS device, so I'm always awaiting a jailbreak. Yet I don't feel entitled to it...

I, for one, am grateful for all of the jailbreaks that have occurred thus far. I've been on iOS devices since the first iPhone, jail-breaking from the beginning. And cautiously optimistic about this one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerid View Post
    I don't understand why you think you would be entitled to a refund. I have purchased numerous Cydia apps. Yet I know that when I buy a new iOS device, I am at the mercy of others to jailbreak, thus allowing me to use them. Be patient. These people do this as a courtesy. On their own time. This is not their full time job. If it comes, that's great. If not, move on... The part that kicks me in the butt is that I always have to have the latest iOS device, so I'm always awaiting a jailbreak. Yet I don't feel entitled to it...

I, for one, am grateful for all of the jailbreaks that have occurred thus far. I've been on iOS devices since the first iPhone, jail-breaking from the beginning. And cautiously optimistic about this one.

Well said! I have not been able to stomach all the comments I have seen in various places, ******** about a jailbreak!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast