+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Pod2g Updates Blog With A5 Jailbreak FAQ Explaining Why it is Not Currently Possible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Be patient man! @pod2g is smart enough to where he will find a vulnerability. It may not be done in the next week, but it probably will be done. Just
    Thanks

Be patient man! @pod2g is smart enough to where he will find a vulnerability. It may not be done in the next week, but it probably will be done. Just give some time and don't be a d*** about it for someone you is doing on there own free time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    How about releasing it any way since some people do have dev accounts, like me for instance! lol

Oh well, the dude worked his butt off, hopefully he can find a hole some where!

+1

I have one as well and would love to tinker around with it!

Keep up the good work pod2g. It's stupid retarded hard what you do. Some of these people can't even jailbreak a device right after you serve it up on a platter for them and iAnnie lays out a detailed guide on ModMyi! They have no clue what is involved in bringing that to life. He's one little David up against the BILLION $$$ Goliath! I bet there is a whole TEAM of people in SoCal whose sole job is to try and find out what he's doing... So for all those who complain to him, do what I did... My 4S is still tucked safely away in its box where I put it 2 months ago! Get your iPhone 4 back out and quit crying!!!
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If everyone that wants a jailbreak would go to pod's blog and donate $5 then I bet he would forget about all the insults.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

That's cool. Yeah of course I got excited when he said within a week but I've learned not to hold my breath (no offense pod2g). I can wait longer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's amazing to me that the guy spends hundreds (thousands?) of hours of his time to ultimately release something for free that he could very easily charge for (and people would pay for), and yet people will continue to show absolutely no appreciation. The sense of entitlement in today's society is very disappointing. I for one would not be surprised if nobody ever released another jailbreak again. To the people who want to piss and moan about the A5 jailbreak.....how about you figure it out yourself? See how far you get on your own.

Thanks to all you guys who make this possible, your work does not go unappreciated!

T76
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

first its say release with in a week now they say they cant release it,thats crap.if you guy dont do what you guy say,then dont say it

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

So WTF os he thinking telling us to update already JB'n ipad2's from 4.3.3 if he knew this.......😡

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Please god y?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm someone who would always defend hackers and I understand it takes time, but I don't get why they say "within a week" then say they can't just a huge c o c k block.

Thanks for all the work you do do though!
    Lulz dodo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Trying to follow what ur saying. No...the JBME3 exploit has already been patched...a long time ago. This 'code' is useless on iOS 5.x now. We don't know if the JBME3 was a Developer acct exploit BUT, if it was, it was converted to a Public Acct. before its release.
    Exactly. I'm questioning why every article is saying the A5 is "unbreakable" when it's already been broken on my iPad 2. They should be saying iOS5 is unbreakable but that's not true either since the 5.0.1 jailbreak was released a week ago.

So I'm just trying to understand what exactly is not jailbreakable? Is it the A5? No because my iPad 2 is jailbroke. Is it iOS 5? No because my iPhone 4 is jailbroken as well on 5.0.1. It is a combination of both but no article seems to mention this.

I understand that if it were possible, it would of came out already. I'm not trying to hurry the developers and I know they do this for free and that asking for donations is perfectly fine. Heck, I donated to comex for JBME3 and I will do it for pod2g when he releases one for the 4S. I'm just curious is all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ah, so they are using iTunes to inject a code signed Application causing a vulnerability and processing the jailbreak files.
    I guess thats a clever idea.. (registered developer).

Thanks

Appreciate the hard work pod2g, i will happily donate at least 50 bucks upon the A5 release. Having a non-jailbroken 4s has forced me to buy apps instead of priating them.....i now understand the importance of supporting developers and prefer purchasing apps. I have been converted lol. Just my opinion...

Thanks

aww gutted. was looking forward to a 4s jailbreak

D:

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't we all get dev accounts then? Lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    Appreciate the hard work pod2g, i will happily donate at least 50 bucks upon the A5 release. Having a non-jailbroken 4s has forced me to buy apps instead of priating them.....i now understand the importance of supporting developers and prefer purchasing apps. I have been converted lol. Just my opinion...
    There are many more reasons to jailbreak. 2 apps I can't live without is iBlacklist and MyWi. I'm in China now and tethering is perfectly legal but my iPhone still can't do it without an app. China is free to send you solicitations though SMS, even at 4 in the morning and that had drove me nuts until I bought iBlackList.

Other tweeks include fakeclockup, SBS settings, Activator, adblock, iFile, WeeSpeeddile, and of course Ultrasn0w. None of this is possible without jailbreaking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    Exactly. I'm questioning why every article is saying the A5 is "unbreakable" when it's already been broken on my iPad 2. They should be saying iOS5 is unbreakable but that's not true either since the 5.0.1 jailbreak was released a week ago.

So I'm just trying to understand what exactly is not jailbreakable? Is it the A5? No because my iPad 2 is jailbroke. Is it iOS 5? No because my iPhone 4 is jailbroken as well on 5.0.1. It is a combination of both but no article seems to mention this.

I understand that if it were possible, it would of came out already. I'm not trying to hurry the developers and I know they do this for free and that asking for donations is perfectly fine. Heck, I donated to comex for JBME3 and I will do it for pod2g when he releases one for the 4S. I'm just curious is all.
    I understand the confusion! Here's the deal:

A4 devices had an exploit that was discovered in the physical processor hardware. This means it can always be Jailbroken.

A5 processors do not have an exploit that has been found, yet. Therefore...no guarantee that they can be Jailbroken via the hardware.

4.3.3 jailbreakme exploit was a SOFTWARE exploit...not hardware. This is why the iPad2 could use it.

@pod2g's 5.0.1 exploit is also a SOFTWARE exploit. The iOS 5.x software for A5 devices had changed from iOS 4.x, though, so A5 devices were having cache issues w/ his 5.0.1 exploit as opposed to A4 devices.
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-05-2012 at 09:59 AM.

T76
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this is crap

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T76 View Post
    this is crap
    Why? Be optimistic!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post

You make excellent points about the A5 being jailbroken on the iPad 4.3.3 and iOS 5.0.1 being jailbroken on the iPhone 4.

Consider this also, the limera1n exploit which installs/injects all previous jailbreaks including the recent non-A5 iOS 5.0.1 untether jailbreak wasn't developed by the Chronic Dev Team. It was geohot who developed that exploit.

Thanks

All of the whining and entitlement stuff aside, I can see how some might be confused if they just read a couple of days ago that they should update to 5.0.1 if they haven't done so already.

This is why I'm unclear as to what this article is really saying... is it "...Why It's Not Possible" or is it "...Why It's Not Already Out"? Big difference.

Patience is the key though. Bottom line: if you purchased an iAnything with the EXPECTATION that a jailbreak would always be readily available, you have no one to blame but yourself. It's been said to death, but it's true - want a jailbreak faster? Do it yourself. Otherwise, have a seat and wait.

*daps Pod2g for his efforts*
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

mickish1953 (01-05-2012)