+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon: 4.2 Million iPhones Sold During Holiday Quarter

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Oops. It looks as though Verizon's chief financial officer Fran Shammo prematurely spilled the beans on a major fact of business for the nation's largest wireless carrier. The revelation came
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Verizon: 4.2 Million iPhones Sold During Holiday Quarter

Oops. It looks as though Verizon's chief financial officer Fran Shammo prematurely spilled the beans on a major fact of business for the nation's largest wireless carrier.

The revelation came at the Citi Global Entertainment Media & Communications Conference on Wednesday where Shammo was speaking.

It isn't clear exactly why the Verizon executive opted to reveal this information only a few weeks before Apple is set to report earnings for the holiday sales quarter, but one thing is for sure: Verizon apparently sold a whole bunch of iPhones.

As the numbers indicate, for the final three months of 2011, Verizon logged twice the number of iPhones it sold during the third quarter of last year. By comparison, AT&T sold 2.7 million iPhones in the third quarter. And it now appears that both carriers may be neck-and-neck in terms of Q4 iPhone sales.

The reason, according to AT&T and Verizon, that Q3 iPhone sales were a tad sluggish is because consumers were eagerly awaiting the next-gen iPhone, which ultimately debuted in October (after Q3 ended in September). And, as we all know, the iPhone 4S became the best selling new iPhone in Apple history.

In the days ahead, we will finally see just how much cash the iPhone 4S craze has generated so far for Apple and its carrier partners in the United States.

Source: Street Insider
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 01-05-2012 at 12:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be only 4,199,999 iPhones sold without me!

Thanks

Why would anyone buy the slowest iPhone?
    AT&T and sprints are much faster.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There faster but ATT just started this ******** where if your in the top 5% of using data, then they slow your data speed down.

I get text every month saying that crap. At that point I can't watch movies on my phone, my Internet is slow as ****, and I'm definitely not tethering from my phone to my iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrobstephens View Post
    There faster but ATT just started this ******** where if your in the top 5% of using data, then they slow your data speed down.

I get text every month saying that crap. At that point I can't watch movies on my phone, my Internet is slow as ****, and I'm definitely not tethering from my phone to my iPad.
    I think although AT&T has had the iPhone since the beginning, we will begin to see more & more loyal AT&T fans leave and give up the unlimited data. I have unlimited data with AT&T. With them throttling bandwidth, i'm highly considering jumping ship to either verizon or sprint. So there really isn't a reason to stay with AT&T now besides the GSM advantage over CDMA which won't matter once an LTE iPhone is released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would go to sprint but I owe them some money for canceling my service with them and going to AT&T. I might jump over to Verizon after my plan is up. Does Verizon have a unlimited data plan as well?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrobstephens View Post
    I would go to sprint but I owe them some money for canceling my service with them and going to AT&T. I might jump over to Verizon after my plan is up. Does Verizon have a unlimited data plan as well?
    Not anymore. And they are the slowest and least capable phone on the market. I can use my AT&T phone anywhere in the world, on any network. Also, I'm not limited to only using half the phone at a time like I would be on Verizon. Or any CDMA network for that matter. Your phone is NOT a full ISP. It was NOT made for watching movies over the cell network. NO ONE will keep fully unlimited data for the iPhone for a while. And where are you guys that you don't have wifi? I'm at a ski resort in Montana for gods sake. No cell service, but they have wifi!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

I use between 5GB and 25GB of my unlimited data bandwidth during any given month. I haven't had my bandwidth throttled through AT&T. I still have very fast 3G connection speeds. Speeds which rival many DSL home Internet service providers.

I did receive a phone call and emails regarding my data usage when I upgraded to the 4S and within 2 weeks racked up nearly 30GB of data usage. They wanted to know what I was doing. After telling them that it wasn't their business asking their customers what they do with their services, I told them that whatever I was doing does not breach my agreement and they let me be. Still have yet to be throttled.

If you've been throttled, then you might be less than truthful about tethering .. whether legally or illegally.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is what they send me every month.

ATT Free Msg: Your data usage is among the top 5% of users. Data speeds for this bill cycle may be reduced. Visit www.att.com/dataplans or call 8663447584.

I need to call them and complain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    Ummmm.... AT&T and Verizons are much faster, its Sprint thats the slow one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasukekun77 View Post
    Ummmm.... AT&T and Verizons are much faster, its Sprint thats the slow one
    Verizon is not fast. At all. Reliable yes, but not fast. Every speed test I have tried has never yielded over 1 Mbps on Verizon, but I regularly get 3-5 Mbps on AT&T. However, AT&Ts coverage is not as big as Verizon, so they are not as reliable.

Thanks

verizon wireless is the nations top service provider... DUH!

#teamvzwiphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares how fast it is if the connections quality sucks and the area in which it works in inferior. Verizon signal quality and coverage are far superior to any other network. And the fact that they are building the fastest 4G network faster than everyone means with the iPhone 5 will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    I use between 5GB and 25GB of my unlimited data bandwidth during any given month. I haven't had my bandwidth throttled through AT&T. I still have very fast 3G connection speeds. Speeds which rival many DSL home Internet service providers.

I did receive a phone call and emails regarding my data usage when I upgraded to the 4S and within 2 weeks racked up nearly 30GB of data usage. They wanted to know what I was doing. After telling them that it wasn't their business asking their customers what they do with their services, I told them that whatever I was doing does not breach my agreement and they let me be. Still have yet to be throttled.

If you've been throttled, then you might be less than truthful about tethering .. whether legally or illegally.
    This is the biggest load of horse malarkey I ever read.

AT&T will shut you off with that kind of usage. I know I have seen it happen. At the very least you are being throttled... if you are even telling the truth at all.
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 01-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha I got the message just yesterday.

ATT Free Msg: Your data use this month places you in the top 5% of users. Use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/dataplans or call 8663447584

Then curiosity got me:
    Next Bill Cycle: 01/21/2012
    Data (MB): 10992.6 of Unlimited
    Messaging: 206 of Unlimited
    Visit us online at www.att.com/DataPlans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    Who cares how fast it is if the connections quality sucks and the area in which it works in inferior. Verizon signal quality and coverage are far superior to any other network. And the fact that they are building the fastest 4G network faster than everyone means with the iPhone 5 will be awesome.
    ARE they building the fastest 4G network? Just 'cause the commercials say it doesn't make it true. I'm pretty sure they will have the largest, but if their 4G isn't 20 Mbps+, I won't call it 4G. My cousin in Cincinnati has gotten 18Mbps on his AT&T 3G before.

Thanks

Verizon or sprint iPhone users call me on my AT&T iPhone and lets both look up scores or anything on the internet while we talk... Lol
    Can do it with Verizon or sprint

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Verizon is not fast. At all. Reliable yes, but not fast. Every speed test I have tried has never yielded over 1 Mbps on Verizon, but I regularly get 3-5 Mbps on AT&T. However, AT&Ts coverage is not as big as Verizon, so they are not as reliable.
    Look up Sprint speed tests. It will depress you. Nobody is saying that VZW has ATT beat, but Sprint certainly isn't faster, in general.

Verizon or sprint iPhone users call me on my AT&T iPhone and lets both look up scores or anything on the internet while we talk... Lol
    Can do it with Verizon or sprint
    This would be funny except that almost anywhere you are going to be looking up scores, you will also have a wifi connection. At least that's my experience. Oh, and I am on ATT, so I am not really trying to defend Verizon here.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-05-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hehe, I'm one of them