Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TidyTilt: Smart Cover for iPhone 4/iPhone 4S

Ok I'll sau it... Whats with the Purple Scarf!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Haha agreed! I Never use that crapp!
    But the compass comes in handy when using the maps app to turn the maps in the direction that your moving. Very useful. The compass app itself sucks but it is also in the maps app.

Thank you pocketape for explaining to him. I was too lazy last night :-P

-Luke

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    You may not use earbuds, but everyone uses a charging cable. this just keeps the cable a bit more organized and "tidy" so you don't have to deal with tangles. This doesn't serve as a case. It's just a unique way of utilizing your phone as shown in the video. It's innovative and creative.

And compass is not killed by this, it is temporary and unless you're incredibly lazy, simply removing the magnetic trifolding back, the compass appears to work fine.

Did you even watch the video?

The stainless steel rim that adheres to the phone is not magnetic. The trifold flap is what is magnetic. You need to watch the video closely to see that.

All grades of steel can have magnetic material attach to it. FYI
    This is definitely a neat device BUT NoT EVERYONE uses a charging cable!!! Be careful making assumptions. I use a dock in my car and a music dock at the office and a dock alarm clock at home! I have not used a charging sync cable in a loooong time! I do not sync my phone! I do not use any kind of headphone just bluetooth in the car.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Shipping is FREE if you live in the states
    I'm Canadian.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post

Not true. Depends on the grade of stainless. The amount of nickel or carbon can affect the magnetism. Iron is magnetic, but it also oxidizes rapidly, so nickel and carbon are added to counteract this, hence the term "stainless." The greater the nickel content, the more resistant to rust, and the lower attraction to magnets. FYI.
    My statement still holds true. I didn't say grades of stainless steel, just steel. There are certain rare earth magnets that can be attracted to nickel and copper, but you are right about the carbon. Not a metal so magnets wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    This is definitely a neat device BUT NoT EVERYONE uses a charging cable!!! Be careful making assumptions. I use a dock in my car and a music dock at the office and a dock alarm clock at home! I have not used a charging sync cable in a loooong time! I do not sync my phone! I do not use any kind of headphone just bluetooth in the car.
    Geez. Is everyone this literal on MMi? There are far fewer people like you who choose not to use a charging cable. The majority, meaning a lot more than you, use the cable and for that matter, the earbuds.

All I'm saying is that for you, this product undoubtedly is useless, but I was speaking unbiasedly to many folks who could/would use this about all it's functions.

And FYI, all of your docks still use a cable. Maybe not an iDevice cable, but some sort of cable. ;P
    Last edited by Hillefied; 01-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    I'm Canadian.
    no free ship no buy...19+10=$29..no love for Canada!

Guess Ill wait for someone in China to replicate one and Ill buy it from ebay with free ship!!! lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have loved this if it was for the screen. instead... it's for the back? WTF? I literally went for "WANT" to "WHY WOULD I BUY THIS"...

Quote Originally Posted by fudu View Post
    no free ship no buy...19+10=$29..no love for Canada!

Guess Ill wait for someone in China to replicate one and Ill buy it from ebay with free ship!!! lol
    That's clever of you. Support the counterfeit market. Stick it to the man...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-05-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    My statement still holds true. I didn't say grades of stainless steel, just steel. There are certain rare earth magnets that can be attracted to nickel and copper, but you are right about the carbon. Not a metal so magnets wouldn't work.

Geez. Is everyone this literal on MMi? There are far fewer people like you who choose not to use a charging cable. The majority, meaning a lot more than you, use the cable and for that matter, the earbuds.

All I'm saying is that for you, this product undoubtedly is useless, but I was speaking unbiasedly to many folks who could/would use this about all it's functions.

And FYI, all of your docks still use a cable. Maybe not an iDevice cable, but some sort of cable. ;P
    WELLL you said "charging cable" and were directly referring to the iphone cable that you could store in this device. My docks do not use a cable but a power cord.!!! soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo YEAH I WIN!!!!!!!

Just bustin yer chops dude dont take offense

Question meh
    does tidy tilt work on ipod touch 4th gen and/or 3rd generation? because i cant get an iphone

Wouldn't it have been easier to look at Earbud cord wrap + kickstand + mount for iPhone 4S - TidyTilt than ask here?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

OK Got mine used it for a week. TOTAL crap! The metal strip barely sticks to the phone. I stuck it to my case instead where it works better. But its too thick now. The cover/wrap part is crap the kickstand just allows the phone to slide in upright mode. Being able to place this on the fridge is kind of neat I guess but I could just as easy use velcro like I do on the cabinet for the ipad! Total waste imho...

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    OK Got mine used it for a week. TOTAL crap! The metal strip barely sticks to the phone. I stuck it to my case instead where it works better. But its too thick now. The cover/wrap part is crap the kickstand just allows the phone to slide in upright mode. Being able to place this on the fridge is kind of neat I guess but I could just as easy use velcro like I do on the cabinet for the ipad! Total waste imho...
    I agree, after using this for a week or so, I took it off, I am not impressed with the bulkyness that it adds to the phone plus the part that actually folds into a triangle, when flat on the back of the phone moves around a lot more than i i would actually like and i find myself fixing it all the time. The magnet part is cool to stick it to a whiteboard or something but I just dont see myself using this anymore. Probably sell it on ebay. Save your money its def not worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12