Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Lawyers Go for Legal Takedown on App Store Pirates

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple's Lawyers Go for Legal Takedown on App Store Pirates

Apple's legal eagles aren't letting much grass grow beneath them in 2012 when it comes to going after the software pirates who continue to cost the iOS App Store and its developers large sums of money.

As it's being reported right now across the blogosphere, Apple is distributing legal takedown notices to the servers hosting at least one well-known service that assists users in illegally procuring software from the App Store.

Although the latest efforts by Apple aren't elusively directed at the jailbreak community, the only way individuals can utilize the piracy software being targeted is by first jailbreaking their iOS device.

Of course, what many outside observers and jailbreaking critics still fail to recognize, however, is that the vast majority of jailbreakers don't engage in jailbreaking for the purpose of piracy. Device modification and running unsanctioned apps has always been the driving force behind jailbreaking.

In the big picture, Apple seems poised in this new year to aggressively crack down on those who willfully seek to steal software for which Apple and its developers deserve to be paid.

Source: Cult of Mac

You mean **********?

lol....so sad

Thanks

Looks like Apple is not joking this time lol
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

QQ apple.

If they can't pirate the app they simply won't pay for it. Nobody is losing money.

Thanks

man dis feels lyk a cyber war Apple vs. Jailbreak Communters

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    If they can't pirate the app they simply won't pay for it. Nobody is losing money.
    Lol, I think I'll go grab a couple more when I get off work then JUST KIDDING

Hmmm I think apple is biting more then they can handle here. If there's a will. There's a way around them. Not saying I download pirated software. I'm for the stuff apple won't let u have like all these cool apps the jailbreak community makes. Can't wait for the a5 one to come out so I can use them again.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Pirated apps is to Apple what Viruses are to Windows..

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    I would pirate apps if I didn't think it was wrong. But since I do I buy them. I think they are similarly losing money because people that would otherwise buy the app are able to pirate it.

If I thought piracy was not wrong, I would be pirating apps right now but start buying them if that was my only option. I'm not sure if Apple will save more money than they will lose by doing this though.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-04-2012 at 03:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

a lot of the apps are stupid, I wouldn't buy them anyways, plus there should be a trial for if you like the app or game or whatever. they're wasting their money chasing after the "big site" we all know about. the apps are just gonna show up on TPB. and they won't be able to touch them
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Damn ********** gonna get hit!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

the comment about pirated apps being like a virus is kind of a ridiculous claim. pirated apps don't destroy yours and others machines. and it's easier to pirate on windows.

********** is just an app that directs you to a site and acts like a download manager combined with ifile. but maybe the site that hosts the files will see an end, and that's when we'll see another alt site launched, and so on and so forth. apple is wasting money on this hopeless cause of theirs
    Last edited by Simon; 01-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    a lot of the apps are stupid, I wouldn't buy them anyways, plus there should be a trial for if you like the app or game or whatever. they're wasting their money chasing after the "big site" we all know about. the apps are just gonna show up on TPB. and they won't be able to touch them
    I agree on the free trial within a full purchase option gives ya a chance to kick the tires

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't like uisng pirated apps but some apps have a steep price with out a trial. Considering that there are more unjelibroken idevices vs jailbroken I'd say they are losing mostly on high prices apps. Why you ask - simply because if there is anything that will drive someone to at least try any pirated app will be because it is too costly in the App Store. Can't they just have incomplete version of an app, say first half stage of a game for an example, or one of the navigation apps but with in 50 mile radius trial only installed. If you like than a link to redirect and buy complete app. Some of the apps I purchase in the App Store had misleading description, well ... flat out rip offs! Doesn't apple care if it's customers are getting the S*** end of a stick?!

Must be INSTALLing mOUSe! Lol

Computer game industry tried to kill piracy,and failed,I am happy to pay for good/useful apps as most,Apple need to embrace jailbreakers and the talented programmers.. stop trying to be bigbrother. Jobbs was always open minded to the future,it's a shame that apple Ind is closed in this area

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Must be INSTALLing mOUSe! Lol
    That will be the new one if the other gets taken down lol, u can't stop things that are in demand

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I agree on the free trial within a full purchase option gives ya a chance to kick the tires
    I agree. Some apps aren't worth the money after 5-10 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast