+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Pod2g Says iPhone 4S Jailbreak Possible Within A Week

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Something that we've all been waiting for... The iPhone 4S holds Apple's newest A5 dual core processing unit which has yet to exploited using a bootrom exploit. The iPad 2,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hacker Pod2g Says iPhone 4S Jailbreak Possible Within A Week

Something that we've all been waiting for...

The iPhone 4S holds Apple's newest A5 dual core processing unit which has yet to exploited using a bootrom exploit. The iPad 2, which also holds the A5 dual core processing unit was able to be jailbroken untethered on iOS 4.3.3 back in the days of this past Summer with Comex's Jailbreakme.com stunt. Aside from that, no other untethered jailbreak has ever been released for any A5 devices, which is why we so eagerly await an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. At this point in time, we know that hacker pod2g has been hard at work on creating one, and that he just recently released the untethered jailbreak for A4 devices such as the iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G, and iPad.

For something new, we find that pod2g Tweeted earlier on Twitter that the iPhone 4S jailbreak (or A5 jailbreak to be more specific) should be released within only a week's time with some luck. He made mention that he has made a step in the process, which means that he is ever so closer to being able to finally complete one for the public. With all of the negativity that struck pod2g on his blog this past week because of angry iPhone 4S users not having a jailbreak, I admire his efforts to continue to work on it through the harsh words he endured. The Tweet that he posted earlier today on Twitter can be viewed from this link or from the image below:

With nothing but success in the jailbreak community recently, we expect to see our beloved iPhone hackers bringing much more great things to the community as Apple continues to try and thwart us from the face of the earth. The iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak is something that the community has not only been expecting, but it's something that will open the doors for many things - one being the Siri port for older iDevices. When the iPhone 4S is jailbroken, hackers and developers will have everything that they need to learn how the system ticks and hopefully bring a more useable Siri port to the jailbreak community. Right now, all we have is a free alternative called Spire by developer chpwn that requires anyone with a lust for Siri to have an iPhone 4S handy.

As always, we here at Modmyi recommend that everyone continues to support our jailbreak hackers and refrain from being negative toward them in their own blogs. They have brought to us some really cool things that we wouldn't have without them. We also condone that you consider sending them donations if you are happy with their work so that they are fairly awarded for their valiant efforts of which they have spent long hours working on.

Sources: pod2g

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Yay! The article finally came, nice one Anthony!

And nice one Pod2g! Is this the new Geohotz?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Oh yeah the haters to pod2g suck. If I were him I would release to just a few supporters and piss off the haters even more. The fact he puts in the work under that bullsh!t is real credit to him. The anonymity of the Internet is a pain in the ***. Some of those comments got really out of hand. Disgusting really.

Thanks

I Hope So!!
    Bring on the Jailbreak!!
    and thanks for all the hard work...

Thanks

Awesome cant wait
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You keep after it Pod2g and forget about the trash talk from the one's that think getting something as valuable as a jailbreak, especially on a new piece of hardware like the A5 is easy and should be done on their time frame!

BTY both pod2g and p0sixninja have been Twittering to make sure you get the 5.0.1 update while you can. Looks like they are very close and Apple is even closer to pushing 5.1

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevep View Post
    You keep after it Pod2g and forget about the trash talk from the one's that think getting something as valuable as a jailbreak, especially on a new piece of hardware like the A5 is easy and should be done on their time frame!

BTY both pod2g and p0sixninja have been Twittering to make sure you get the 5.0.1 update while you can. Looks like they are very close and Apple is even closer to pushing 5.1
    if I'm on 5.0 now and have the blobs for 5.0.1 saved, would i be able to restore to 5.0.1 once apple stops signing it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just don't get how people can by "angry" because they don't have a jailbreak for their device. PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE IN THE JAILBREAK COMMUNITY DO THIS FOR US...WITHOUT ANY PAYMENT!!!

I would suggest being THANKFUL, that someone, who is much brighter than you or I....Or, who has the patience and time to actually do this for US...is, well, doing it for US.

QUIT your ******** and moaning about not having this or that. You bought an iPhone knowing what it can and can't do. Jailbreaking is a gift, not a right!!!

Just my 2 cents

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I was starting to loose hope but now I truly hope we do get a 4s jailbreak. If pod2g IS the new Geohotz, then we'll probably see him gone like Geohortz.......hope not!! Apple keep your greedy mittens off our hacker. You can't have all the money in the world.

Thanks

"With all of the negativity that struck pod2g on his blog this past week because of angry iPhone 4S users not having a jailbreak"

jeeze, what a-holes >_<

Thanks

Man I'm so excited, thank you Pod2g your amazing!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just wait. He's going to make the Jailbreak web based on his server and charge $1.00 to jailbreak the A5. This way all of the blabbering idiots that think they deserve something for free will have to pay him for it. The people that appreciate him would be happy to throw him a buck, and the rest will get a good lesson on proper manners I for one would love to see this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    if I'm on 5.0 now and have the blobs for 5.0.1 saved, would i be able to restore to 5.0.1 once apple stops signing it?
    Yes, but why not update and untether jb now cuz it's a little hassle waiting for the window to close

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anybody seen pod2gs most recent tweet.......... ( yes, upgrade your 4s and ipad 2 to 5.0.1 )
    we will finally get a release, cant wait...credit to pod2g for all his hard work

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevep View Post
    you keep after it pod2g and forget about the trash talk from the one's that think getting something as valuable as a jailbreak, especially on a new piece of hardware like the a5 is easy and should be done on their time frame!

Bty both pod2g and p0sixninja have been twittering to make sure you get the 5.0.1 update while you can. Looks like they are very close and apple is even closer to pushing 5.1
    and on the 7th day god created pod2g keep up the good work and happy new year to you>

And on the 7th day god created pod2g keep up the good work and happy new year to you do not lister to the negativity you are trully talented.
    Last edited by tridley68; 01-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 905 Posts

Can't thank you enough pod2g and everyone else who's helped to bring us this untetherd jailbreak...I for 1 will not complain about paying for this jb...so looking forward to it 😄😄😄

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Untethered jailbreak for A4 chips and older devices is good but noticed the slowness and lag, having untethered jailbreak for A5 chips is great. Hopefully , no lag in performance on this coming jailbreak for A5 chips. They must fix ibooks too otherwise i am staying at 4.3.3 as i frequently use ibooks on my ipad 2
    Forget about Spire, I have installed it but causes facebook , even stock apps stopped working and so is bluetooth not working, finally uninstalled Spire it and all my apps including facebook started to work.
    Last edited by iYeow; 01-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    No. Not unless pod2g has a bootrom exploit up his sleeve (which I doubt - it took geohot 6 months to develop Limera1n).
    Major props to pod2g, but I'm still cautious about all this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple drop 5.0.2 in less than a week and quickly stop signing 5.0.1. If that happens, very many 4S users are going to be screwed, even if they've already updated to 5.0.1, because if anything goes wrong and they need to restore... Well, Apple now calls this "Restore and Upgrade"

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast