+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases then Pulls Ad with iPhone Ad Actress

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Samsung recently released a Samsung ad that seems to be heavily influenced by the many Apple commercials before it. It isn’t only the overall look and feel which Samsung seemed
    Thanks

Default Samsung Releases then Pulls Ad with iPhone Ad Actress

Samsung recently released a Samsung ad that seems to be heavily influenced by the many Apple commercials before it. It isn’t only the overall look and feel which Samsung seemed to have copied this time though. The company ended up removing the ad after Google+ user Cheryl Lindo Jones discovered that the ad uses the same actress as an iPhone 4S advertisement. You can take a look at the two commercials below and get a feel for the similarities that are apparent.

Apple Advertisement

Samsung Advertisement

Turns out both advertisements feature the same girl throughout testing the features of each device in a similar manner. After taking the video down, Samsung still hasn't commented on the reason behind why the video was removed from their YouTube channel. The advertisement was for their Galaxy line of smartphones and tablets, which received considerable attention for mocking iPhone users in their previous advertisements.

It appears that Samsung continuing their anti-Apple campaign, previously showing the “Cutting Edge vs. Old School” advertisement on the U.S. Facebook page, where it showed an iPhone in the “old school category’ along with an 80s era cellphone and two cans attached with a string. Another recent ad turned to the line-waiting concept starting with a Galaxy S II user asking iPhone fanboys: “You guys are still here?” The advertisement then continued to compare cloud services on the two devices boasting about features on the Samsung phone.

The two tech giants have been tangled in legal cases for months in several countries abroad related to Apple’s claims that Samsung “slavishly” copied the design of the iPad with their Galaxy Tab. Many more cases have come up as well such as the recent case with Samsung copying the Smart Cover as well.

If you haven't already, take a look at the commercials and tell us what you think below!

Source: The Next Web
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 01-03-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously who cares if it's the same actress in the commercials?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Thats actually jokes. Actions speaks louder then words. If samsung wasn't trying to copy apple, why don't they go with a totally different approach.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Agreed...
    Nobody is denying the fact that the Samsung devices do have better hardware, obviously it just shows that isn't just about hardware.

Thanks

Lucky kid not only for being on tv but having so much technology

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Lucky kid not only for being on tv but having so much technology
    Neither one is really that great, especially for childhood.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This "news" is more commercial than the actual commercial by samsung. So many words over such a simple thing. Next time it will be like: "and in this new samsung anti-apple ad, when samsung makes photos of the same balloon as apple did, same mountain as apple did, same molecule of air as apple did" (facepalm)... I wish there was a button to vote for the quality of the article. "Hang the author" for this particular one.

Thanks

Samsung is a big joke theycopy apple but still can't get there Samsung galaxy tabs 2 work had to replace my 7 inch tab twice then traded it in for 10.1 tab then sent that back due to motherboard fried low and behold came back week later had another problem eBay job as spares and repairs never again stick to my iPad from now on

Do have to say Samsung customer service was good but they have had lots of callers probably

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well its just hilariously pathetic isn't it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Obviously Samsung do...

Thanks

Competition is the best news for the consumer. The better the device Samsung comes up with the better for everyone. Maybe other people will improve their devices because of it, including Apple.

I think that's what Samsung is trying to do, too, steal Apple's commercial ideas. It's faster that coming up with your own.

Thanks

Honestly I'm partial to old school, I thought it was an iPhone ad selling to me, Samsung made those ads you say?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this was a planned PR stunt on samsungs part, to make their video go viral.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Poor little girl just trying to get that big break.

Thanks

If they're talking Japanese or wherever the hell is that , why didn't they do the commercial with Japanese people , I won't look so copy & paste

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Do you guys have any idea how much money Samsung is making from Apple already? To all those bashing Samsung, 1/4th of the parts in your idevice is likely made by Samsung. They may look like enemies on the front, but Apple actually buys a lot of parts from Samsung (we'll see if they still do in the future)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsuck COPY everything, seriously get your own ideas. I hope Apple succeed in their lawsuits.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not the fact it is the same actress, it interesting to see that they have tried to copy the Apple commercials... including the actress. Apparently they see a working concept and have used the same game plan to see if they too can have some of that same success, or a bite of the apple so to speak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If your pissed because of this commercial, I really feel sorry for you,...ITS AN ACTRESS, not Apple's property, it isn't stealing anything, it isn't a camera Ad like the Apple iPhone Ad, they don't even take a picture the whole Ad, grow up people, this doesn't change anything, people aren't going to think "oh look, it is the same actress from the Apple ad, now she is doing a Samsung Tab Ad, this changes everything, i'm buying from Samsung now...", stop blowing out of proportion, many of Apple consumers didn't even know who Steve Jobs was when he passed away, now, do you really think they will follow which actresses are used in their commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Honestly I'm partial to old school, I thought it was an iPhone ad selling to me, Samsung made those ads you say?
    Yeah, didn't you notice? The Internet Browser had Flash Player....

"Samsuck COPY everything, seriously get your own ideas. I hope Apple succeed in their lawsuits."

Yeah, iPads had LTE before em right?

"I think that's what Samsung is trying to do, too, steal Apple's commercial ideas. It's faster that coming up with your own."

Right, because Samsung's ad was about how revolutionizing their new camera was right? it's not even about a phone, or a camera, its a tablet, a tablet...at what point did Apple mention a tablet in their ad?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Now Samsung is just getting cocky.