+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Releases then Pulls Ad with iPhone Ad Actress

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If the iPhone was made of rubber & shaped like a toilet bowl Samsung would release a line of plastic a s s-seat phones. All the apple haters should be
    Green Apple
    Thanks

If the iPhone was made of rubber & shaped like a toilet bowl Samsung would release a line of plastic a s s-seat phones. All the apple haters should be happy that they have set the bar very high.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshb2118 View Post
    If your pissed because of this commercial, I really feel sorry for you,...ITS AN ACTRESS, not Apple's property, it isn't stealing anything, it isn't a camera Ad like the Apple iPhone Ad, they don't even take a picture the whole Ad, grow up people, this doesn't change anything, people aren't going to think "oh look, it is the same actress from the Apple ad, now she is doing a Samsung Tab Ad, this changes everything, i'm buying from Samsung now...", stop blowing out of proportion, many of Apple consumers didn't even know who Steve Jobs was when he passed away, now, do you really think they will follow which actresses are used in their commercials?

Yeah, didn't you notice? The Internet Browser had Flash Player....

"Samsuck COPY everything, seriously get your own ideas. I hope Apple succeed in their lawsuits."

Yeah, iPads had LTE before em right?

"I think that's what Samsung is trying to do, too, steal Apple's commercial ideas. It's faster that coming up with your own."

Right, because Samsung's ad was about how revolutionizing their new camera was right? it's not even about a phone, or a camera, its a tablet, a tablet...at what point did Apple mention a tablet in their ad?
    Another ignorant comment from a, shall I say (And do correct me if I'm wrong) a Fandroid? A LOT of Apple consumers know who Steve Jobs was. When you saw Eric Schmidt they are going to say Eric SH*T?! WHO'S THAT?!? MOST people don't even know who Eric Schmidt is. Go ask random people and I guarantee you most won't know who the hell he is, despite his importance.

First off, I'm guessing you're blind because clearly they knew they copied because they pulled out the video themselves. Look at the way they ship their products. Looks similar to Apple's packaging. They didn't give a HOOT about having a popular tablet marketed until the iPad came out.

Despite not having LTE the iPad still outsells Samsuck's garbage tablets, so nice try.

Anyways back to your initial argument of having the same actress in Samsung's commercials. First off, HOW desperate are you to choose the VERY same child actress out of the 7 BILLION PEOPLE?! Okay, I know most do not qualify but you know what I mean. Why use the same actress? Why package things the way Apple does? There are tons of other ways. I know Apple doesn't own it but why must they copy? Because Apple perfected thus they decide to copy it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

They do it so that websites like this put a post on it, then this post is kind of like advertising their product at the same time... Clever thinking Samsung (y)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's weird to see how emotional people get over this. Even more weird is how fans of both devices blame the companies for their fans opinions as if Apple or Samsung is represented by 15-20 people in a message board post. lol

Thanks
    that little girl has the best of both worlds..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    Agreed...
    Nobody is denying the fact that the Samsung devices do have better hardware, obviously it just shows that isn't just about hardware.
    Who says it's a 'fact'?
    'Nobody is denying' is a pretty broad statement.

Seems like Samsung has more of a history of being a great Korean copycat.
    Samsung's B+ Mentality: Find a Successful Product, Copy It Adequately | Fast Company

Here's an even better example: buy competitor's models, take them apart and reverse engineer them.
    Fast Heat:*How Korea Won the Microwave War - Harvard Business Review

Green Apple
    Thanks

Am I the only one who's noticed that the new Samsung usb wall charger looks exactly like the apple on but black..? They never made them that shape/small before.. Also the way they package their headphones. They used to come in little plastic bags, now they come coiled in a little bundle with a see through plastic tube around just like.. What's that company called?

Thanks

Seems like Samsung has more of a history of being a great Korean copycat.
    Samsung's B+ Mentality: Find a Successful Product, Copy It Adequately | Fast Company

Here's an even better example: buy competitor's models, take them apart and reverse engineer them.
    Fast Heat:*How Korea Won the Microwave War - Harvard Business Review

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    Agreed...
    Nobody is denying the fact that the Samsung devices do have better hardware, obviously it just shows that isn't just about hardware.
    Yeah...better hardware like radios in the Galaxy Nexus that get NO SERVICE (read: cannot connect to a mobile network) in places my friends' Razrs and ThunderBolts have full service (somewhere around -70dB).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

To provide an understandable context, Apple spent close to 8 billion dollars on Samsung-made components last year alone, close to 6 billion dollars on 2010. Then Samsung turns around and offers a similar (hence the design patent wars), competing product/s. That's the basis of the conflict. In creating the product components and having disclosed knowledge of proprietary information about the product/s and their manufacturing and assembly spec's, Samsung is guilty, at the least, in a conflict of interest, but this is a whole other thread.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

er, am i the only one whose first thought was that they're breeding robot children to sell us alien technology and they forgot to change the face on this one before shooting the next commercial...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshb2118 View Post
    If your pissed because of this commercial, I really feel sorry for you,...ITS AN ACTRESS, not Apple's property, it isn't stealing anything, it isn't a camera Ad like the Apple iPhone Ad, they don't even take a picture the whole Ad, grow up people, this doesn't change anything, people aren't going to think "oh look, it is the same actress from the Apple ad, now she is doing a Samsung Tab Ad, this changes everything, i'm buying from Samsung now...", stop blowing out of proportion, many of Apple consumers didn't even know who Steve Jobs was when he passed away, now, do you really think they will follow which actresses are used in their commercials?

Yeah, didn't you notice? The Internet Browser had Flash Player....

"Samsuck COPY everything, seriously get your own ideas. I hope Apple succeed in their lawsuits."

Yeah, iPads had LTE before em right?

"I think that's what Samsung is trying to do, too, steal Apple's commercial ideas. It's faster that coming up with your own."

Right, because Samsung's ad was about how revolutionizing their new camera was right? it's not even about a phone, or a camera, its a tablet, a tablet...at what point did Apple mention a tablet in their ad?
    Someone drank their haterade today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    To provide an understandable context, Apple spent close to 8 billion dollars on Samsung-made components last year alone, close to 6 billion dollars on 2010. Then Samsung turns around and offers a similar (hence the design patent wars), competing product/s. That's the basis of the conflict. In creating the product components and having disclosed knowledge of proprietary information about the product/s and their manufacturing and assembly spec's, Samsung is guilty, at the least, in a conflict of interest, but this is a whole other thread.
    ^Where common sense happens

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They said samsung copied apple on the advert but honestly how do u expect an ad would look like when it is meant to show the features of the particular phone?...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Seriously who cares if it's the same actress in the commercials?
    apparently apple does, they would have sued the little girl because she was patented at birth by apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Another ignorant comment from a, shall I say (And do correct me if I'm wrong) a Fandroid? A LOT of Apple consumers know who Steve Jobs was. When you saw Eric Schmidt they are going to say Eric SH*T?! WHO'S THAT?!? MOST people don't even know who Eric Schmidt is. Go ask random people and I guarantee you most won't know who the hell he is, despite his importance.

First off, I'm guessing you're blind because clearly they knew they copied because they pulled out the video themselves. Look at the way they ship their products. Looks similar to Apple's packaging. They didn't give a HOOT about having a popular tablet marketed until the iPad came out.

Despite not having LTE the iPad still outsells Samsuck's garbage tablets, so nice try.

Anyways back to your initial argument of having the same actress in Samsung's commercials. First off, HOW desperate are you to choose the VERY same child actress out of the 7 BILLION PEOPLE?! Okay, I know most do not qualify but you know what I mean. Why use the same actress? Why package things the way Apple does? There are tons of other ways. I know Apple doesn't own it but why must they copy? Because Apple perfected thus they decide to copy it.
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

lol samsung fail ;]

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sikdaz View Post
    that little girl has the best of both worlds..
    whoaa, nobody said she was one of them hermaphrodite thingys. lo;.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm just really surprised from the original commercial that there's no type of contract or anything tied to the girl that wouldnt allow her to take part in another commercial like this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    I think this was a planned PR stunt on samsungs part, to make their video go viral.
    Ofcourse it was like the "mistake" up of that game thing yesterday from apple too, they know what they're doing! Everyone knows the Samsung is far superior to apple but apple have zombies who would buy a block of wood if there was an apple logo on it!

Quote Originally Posted by DJStile View Post
    Yeah...better hardware like radios in the Galaxy Nexus that get NO SERVICE (read: cannot connect to a mobile network) in places my friends' Razrs and ThunderBolts have full service (somewhere around -70dB).
    This happens with apple too my friends have nokias and samsungs I've had 2 different iPhones and the signal service is shocking in central Sydney on iphones
    Last edited by c14rlf; 01-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.