+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elevation Dock - World's Best iPhone Dock?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This dock is supposedly the best dock for your iPhone. Today, tipped by iOS developer Ori Kadosh , we found a cool new docking concept that is expected to be
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Elevation Dock - World's Best iPhone Dock?

This dock is supposedly the best dock for your iPhone.

Today, tipped by iOS developer Ori Kadosh, we found a cool new docking concept that is expected to be launched in April of this year. It is a 'perfect' docking solution that isn't so tight that you cannot get your iPhone out of the dock with one hand, and it's not so loose that you can knock it over with a touch. It's right in between. The Elevation Dock is milled out of pure aluminum, the same metal and same milling process that makes MacBook Pro and MacBook Air unibodies and also the bodies for the iMac, Mac Mini, and Apple TV remote. The process of milling is extremely precise - down to the thousands of an inch, meaning that you get high quality with the Elevation Dock for iPhone.

The idea behind the Elevation Dock was to create a dock that was simple to add and remove an iPhone, but also make it compatible with whatever cases you might be using. How does it make it easier to add and remove the iPhone, you ask? Well, the thirty pin connector (which is the port at the bottom of every Apple iDevice) is actually modified to have little friction and simply allow the iPhone to glide on and off. This means that you can use one hand to lift or put your iPhone from or on the Elevation Dock with ease and having absolutely no hassle even when you have a case on (because of the large bay that is milled out for the iPhone and most cases. Of course, minimal to just barely medium sized cases are recommended for this. With larger cases, you might be taking a gamble. We recommend generally minimal cases like the Incipio Feather or Apple Bumper, just to name a couple.

The Elevation Dock has some high-friction feet on the bottom of the slightly heavy aluminum body, which helps keep it in place on your desk when you insert or remove your iPhone. There is also a high-friction support pad inside the bay of the dock - this is what makes using the case possible using the Elevation Dock. The coloring, size, and appearance of this dock looks great next to any aluminum Mac computer.

If the general look and abilities of the dock haven't already left you awestruck in the world of iPhone docks, then consider this: the Elevation Dock is made out of solid aluminum, which means that if you use any sound-based functions of the iPhone while it's sitting inside of the dock, sound will echo instead of get muffled by some other plastic dock. The Elevation dock even has an output wire so that you can use your iPhone inside of the dock with a stereo system.

Since the Elevation Dock is machined out of high quality aluminum which is milled to precise numbers and just plain looks amazing, it will retail at $90 and international shipping will cost another $20. If you think that $90 is a lot, you should know that I used to work in the milling position; the money that goes into milling is expensive and precise. Additionally, the less that are made the more it will cost which in this case, they are made depending on the demand. Another thing to consider is that a case replacement for a MacBook Pro computer is about $200-300. That's only for the aluminum case. So, the price is actually really fair. I think this product has a great potential and I will certainly be buying one because of the build quality. The idea of being such a perfect one-handed dock also catches my eye.

What are other Web Sites saying about the Elevation Dock? Wired says, "The Dock Apple should have made in the first place." Gizmodo says, "I'm tempted to buy an iPhone just so I can use the Elevation Dock." And lastly, Cult of Mac says, "Elevation Lab Has Designed The Most Gorgeous iPhone Dock Ever Made." It looks as though I'm not the only person that thinks that the Elevation Dock is a beautiful piece. Won't you give it a shot?

What do you think about the Elevation Dock? Share in the comments.

Sources: KickStarter

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like it.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ock-for-iphone

Please fix your URL link I did this for now

Thanks

I am just curious why you posted a link that's already in the article [source]?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i wish incase would make a dock which supports there cases. its really a pita to remove a case to charge the phone. for now, im just using the tether cable.
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 01-03-2012 at 01:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm... i don't think element cases are compatible for this one. but i liked the concept!

Thanks

That dock is amazing it looks like it belongs next to an apple computer with the chrome like finish

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    That dock is amazing it looks like it belongs next to an apple computer with the chrome like finish
    What chrome like finish? Chrome is shiny, that's matte aluminum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    He's right your link failed :/
    It's in raw format
    This is what an idevice sees

Last edited by Cellular; 01-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Look at it on an iDevice, it's a broken link in the article
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 01-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Look at it on an iDevice, it's a broken link in the article
    Hmm. Screenshot it? Seems to be working for me..

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya this is the first thing i see when i open the post

QUOTE=Anthony Bouchard;6353988]

Thanks

Link not working!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow that dock does look amazing. I don't use docks because they're usually a hassle. I could see myself buying a few of these. I hope it makes it to market before April

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, this is the dock I've been waiting for ever since I dropped my blackberry for an iPhone back when the 3G came out. I've always missed how easily I can pop my BB in and out of the dock effortlessly. Now, I'll finally be able to do that with my iPhone!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang that's a sexy dock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll pay that price. Can't wait!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Apple going to sue this guy too?

Thanks

Nice. It costs $110 tho
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide