Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elevation Dock - World's Best iPhone Dock?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Its irregardless if the word regardless is a word or not
    BAM used in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsol97 View Post
    http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=irregardless&o=0&l=dir
    Are you brainiacs taking the time read the dictionary entries or just posting links?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/irregardless.aspx

It's a nonstandard word. It's commonly used by some people but is not technically a correct word. It's a double negative.

I wouldn't buy this dock for $90. It looked great and promising and of course is likely compatible for future iDevices I may purchase, however, I would rather just slightly struggle with my charger/dock and save $90.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonePutz View Post
    Are you brainiacs taking the time read the dictionary entries or just posting links?
    Yes, I am reading that the word in question is on every dictionary site I have come across. If it wasn't a word, they wouldn't put a page for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's a *nonstandard* word as noted on most sources. Meaning it is an incorrect word. It is commonly used bc people keep using it, doesn't mean it's a correct term. It's a double negative. Essentially, "regardless" means "without regard." The prefix "irr" means "without" so you're saying "without without regard." So "without without regard" means "with regard." So you're saying "with regard" rather than "without regard."

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It's a *nonstandard* word as noted on most sources. Meaning it is an incorrect word. It is commonly used bc people keep using it, doesn't mean it's a correct term. It's a double negative. Essentially, "regardless" means "without regard." The prefix "irr" means "without" so you're saying "without without regard." So "without without regard" means "with regard." So you're saying "with regard" rather than "without regard."
    She's right.

Irregardless... I've never even heard of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsol97 View Post
    Yes, I am reading that the word in question is on every dictionary site I have come across. If it wasn't a word, they wouldn't put a page for it.
    I should have asked if you understood the words rather than just read them...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123