+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Elevation Dock - World's Best iPhone Dock?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by celeron Nice. It costs $110 tho It costs $90.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Nice. It costs $110 tho
    It costs $90.

Thanks

Very cool dock, I'll be picking one of these up in April.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It costs $90.
    + $20 shipping
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    + $20 shipping
    Only for international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    does anyone know where i can find the music to this video???
    Try Shazam'ing it lol.

Thanks

Only for international shipping..
    I'm at Puerto Rico. Shipping costs here are always high
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Think this'll fit a otterbox commuter or defender case ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    Think this'll fit a otterbox commuter or defender case ?
    I think that might be too large. We think that this will only work with minimal or medium sized cases.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChSchuldiner View Post
    What chrome like finish? Chrome is shiny, that's matte aluminum.
    That's called brushed aluminum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It costs $90.
    It costs too damn much. Is anyone forgetting that this is a dock....? $90 is outrageous! I just would hate to see this concept die quickly from this inflated price. He will soon realize that he got such a huge kickstarter backing because of the discounted price for the dock and that the demand he is anticipating will fall far short of the supply he is going to manufacture. I hope the best for the guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsol97 View Post
    It costs too damn much. Is anyone forgetting that this is a dock....? $90 is outrageous! I just would hate to see this concept die quickly from this inflated price. He will soon realize that he got such a huge kickstarter backing because of the discounted price for the dock and that the demand he is anticipating will fall far short of the supply he is going to manufacture. I hope the best for the guy.
    It's actually pretty cheap. I mean from the big picture it's expensive... but really it's cheap. I used to be a CnC miller, I went over prices for this process with my boss, and it's not cheap for the manufacturer to make. It takes forever to calibrate the machines to do this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's actually pretty cheap. I mean from the big picture it's expensive... but really it's cheap. I used to be a CnC miller, I went over prices for this process with my boss, and it's not cheap for the manufacturer to make. It takes forever to calibrate the machines to do this.
    Cheap, but not cheap, but cheap.....? Makes no sense. I can find countless things all across the internet that are CnC milled that are of comparable shape and size that are under $10. And he obviously has a machine that is already calibrated to do this, we can see it in the video. And my original point wasn't why it is so expensive, it is the fact that it IS so expensive. I appreciate that Lamborghini's are beautiful machines and are handmade to perfection, but they also are too damn expensive.

Thanks

Cheap, but not cheap, but cheap.....? Makes no sense. I can find countless things all across the internet that are CnC milled that are of comparable shape and size that are under $10. And he obviously has a machine that is already calibrated to do this, we can see it in the video. And my original point wasn't why it is so expensive, it is the fact that it IS so expensive. I appreciate that Lamborghini's are beautiful machines and are handmade to perfection, but they also are too damn expensive.
    Sure. But that's because the Elevation dock is of high build quality. If you find something, "comparable" then it's because it's made out of crap metal alloys that are cheaper to buy in bulk.

I mean, when I milled with aluminum, if I made one mistake on a piece, we lost out on $100. That was because the parts after being engineered are actually worth more than the block of aluminum before hand.

So from a professional point of view, I don't think it's that expensive. If you're a struggling middle-class American, it might appear more overpriced than it really is, but it takes self-learning behind the scenes to see the real value in what's being manufactured. Most consumers just say, "oh but it's just a hunk of aluminum, how much could it possibly cost?" when in reality... quite a bit. There's shipping, taxes, labor, and numerous other factors involved in making these things.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-03-2012 at 12:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sure. But that's because the Elevation dock is of high build quality. If you find something, "comparable" then it's because it's made out of crap metal alloys that are cheaper to buy in bulk.

I mean, when I milled with aluminum, if I made one mistake on a piece, we lost out on $100. That was because the parts after being engineered are actually worth more than the block of aluminum before hand.

So from a professional point of view, I don't think it's that expensive. If you're a struggling middle-class American, it might appear more overpriced than it really is, but it takes self-learning behind the scenes to see the real value in what's being manufactured. Most consumers just say, "oh but it's just a hunk of aluminum, how much could it possibly cost?" when in reality... quite a bit. There's shipping, taxes, labor, and numerous other factors involved in making these things.
    Irregardless, it is still an iDevice DOCK, and it is $90. If you feel the need to spend $90 so that your phone can stand up on end on your nightstand while you sleep, then by all means. If you have the $90 to burn and might want something that will give you a little more enjoyment, ThisIsWhyImBroke.com - ThisIsWhyImBroke is where you'll find cool gift ideas, unique products, and awesome birthday and christmas gift ideas. With hundreds of reasons to spend every penny you've got, ThisIsWhyImBroke features amazing products you can can surely oblige you.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Irregardless, it is still an iDevice DOCK, and it is $90. If you feel the need to spend $90 so that your phone can stand up on end on your nightstand while you sleep, then by all means. If you have the $90 to burn and might want something that will give you a little more enjoyment, ThisIsWhyImBroke.com - ThisIsWhyImBroke is where you'll find cool gift ideas, unique products, and awesome birthday and christmas gift ideas. With hundreds of reasons to spend every penny you've got, ThisIsWhyImBroke features amazing products you can can surely oblige you.
    I agree this is most likely a "luxury" item especially given the dock's limited functionality. While beautiful and a fantastic aesthetic compliment to Apple's products this dock literally only charges and adds an analog line-out. No HMDI, and no additional ports unless you upgrade to the "+" version, which only includes the line-out and a usb port for charging.

I'd love to have one, but this is definitely not the end-all-be-all of iPhone or iDevice docks. From a looks, finish, and detail standpoint you could make that argument, but functionality wise, and benefit to the average consumer is limited.

Thanks

First, there is no such word as "Irregardless" its "Regardless".

Second, even at $60 I agree with others that this is overpriced. I am sure he priced it expecting a way lower response level and now he cannot reprice.

Also, since a milling machine is seen...could he be processing these himself (one at a time). It could take a very long time to process 5000+ pieces.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Irregardless is not a word. Regardless is what you are looking for and I love that site you posted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

Second, even at $60 I agree with others that this is overpriced. I am sure he priced it expecting a way lower response level and now he cannot reprice.

Also, since a milling machine is seen...could he be processing these himself (one at a time). It could take a very long time to process 5000+ pieces.
    Irregardless | Define Irregardless at Dictionary.com

Even my iPad picked it up before I even finished spelling it, and no, I didn't add it to its accepted words.
    Last edited by sidelsol97; 01-03-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    He's got almost $500k in pledges. And if I'm reading it right, the "backers" have used Amazon to send payments. Is it possible for them to back out (no pun intended)? If not, it doesn't look like this concept will die.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=irregardless&o=0&l=dir