Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] 'Pull' the Keyboard Out of Your Way

Default [Review] 'Pull' the Keyboard Out of Your Way

This tweak will let you move the keyboard out of your way by swiping down.

Are you one of those people who gets annoyed when the iOS keyboard pops up when you're trying to read something and it won't go away? It takes up about half of the small three-and-a-half-inch screen and simply sits there obstructing your view. This can be more than frustrating if you're the kind of person who likes to read over your text messages in your Messages application after typing, or reading notes in the Notes application after writing one. If so, then this new, free, jailbreak tweak might just be what you've been looking for - it works like a charm.

The tweak is called Pull to Dismiss, named by its developer Ryan Petrich who is responsible for applications like Activator, Action Menu, and DietBar. We always find quality jailbreak tweaks when we consult with Ryan, he had helped to make the recent Spire Siri port for older jailbroken iDevices. Pull to Dismiss allows you to simply pull down the keyboard to get it out of your way with one finger. The action is demonstrated in the image above where you can see the keyboard sliding downwards while I dragged it with one finger.

I have usually always found it annoying that the keyboard was so hard to dismiss since the screen is so small that the keyboard can make reading things a real pain in the rear. I find that this tweak has elegant live response and it just works beautifully. The keyboard scrolls away from view as fast as you drag your finger and the scrolling is as smooth as iOS can possibly be. It has inertial scrolling too. The tweak is so well made that I would have thought Apple integrated the feature into iOS; it's a shame that they didn't. It works in numerous applications including all of Apple's stock applications.

Pull to Dismiss requires iOS 3.2 or newer and works with iOS 5 and the untethered jailbreak with no problems. There will be no settings to configure in the Settings application upon installing Pull to Dismiss and no icons are added to your home screen. After you install this tweak, you will be able to use its feature and the only way to disable it will be to uninstall the tweak. I recommend Pull to Dismiss because it's free and does what it's meant to do efficiently and pleasantly. It's free; what do you have to lose for giving it a try?

Name: Pull to Dismiss
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ryan Petrich
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

What are your thoughts about Pull to Dismiss? Share in the comments.

Sources: Ryan Petrich

Apple (sort of) implemented this in iOS5, it's just limited to the Messages app. Pull to Dismiss is really cool because it allows the same gesture in every app with a keyboard and a scroll list.

Quote Originally Posted by cjori View Post
    Apple (sort of) implemented this in iOS5, it's just limited to the Messages app. Pull to Dismiss is really cool because it allows the same gesture in every app with a keyboard and a scroll list.
    Ah right the Messages application I forgot, does have this. I agree that it's good for all-around iOS use though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Ryan Petrich is a God.

Thanks

It's kind of a cool tweak. Didn't think I'd like it but it's not bad.

Very awesome! :]

Great and useful tweaks. Something that I wonder why most of free tweaks are really cool and useful (like activator, icon renamer, multiiconremover, five column, five row, dim delay, hide clock, etc while paid tweaks rarely run smoothly

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjori View Post
    I completely forgot about the messages app. I always have hidden that app with sbsettings and used BiteSMS (great app)

Quote Originally Posted by hotman View Post
    Great and useful tweaks. Something that I wonder why most of free tweaks are really cool and useful (like activator, icon renamer, multiiconremover, five column, five row, dim delay, hide clock, etc while paid tweaks rarely run smoothly
    yeup they´re really awesome In my opinion, these little tweaks are worth the jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I have BigBoss repo and can't find this tweak.......any suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome

Thanks

Gestures are the new ui of the future. Bank on it

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah this is neat tweak, but I hardly ever use my notes app or any other app that requires typing excluding the MMi app. Good review though.

It's there- I had to refresh Cydia twice (servers still laggy from all of us jb'ers trying to dl stuff since the jailbreak) to get it.

Edit- seems a little hinky on Notes, have to find just the right spot to pull from. Often, I get a keystroke instead of a pull down.
    Last edited by mr117; 12-31-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    It's there- I had to refresh Cydia twice (servers still laggy from all of us jb'ers trying to dl stuff since the jailbreak) to get it.

Edit- seems a little hinky on Notes, have to find just the right spot to pull from. Often, I get a keystroke instead of a pull down.
    You can pull from half an inch above the keyboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    After installing this great tweak, it worked flawlessly for a few minutes then ALL apps started to crash just as the keyboard appeared! Even after I uninstalled, the crashes remained...
    Any solutions? I'm not able to use my phone
    UPDATE1: I have siri0us installed and I think that's where the conflict is... Since after I removed it and uninstalled pull to dismiss, my apps stopped crashing... Still, strange that I can still hide my keyboard though!
    UPDATE2: Even stranger, every time I install Seri0us (Pull to Dismiss uninstalled) apps still crashes!
    Any solutions?!

After installing this great tweak, it worked flawlessly for a few minutes then ALL apps started to crash just as the keyboard appeared! Even after I uninstalled, the crashes remained...
    UPDATE1: I have siri0us installed and I think that's where the conflict is... Since after I removed it and uninstalled pull to dismiss, my apps stopped crashing... Still, strange that I can still hide my keyboard though!
    UPDATE2: Even stranger, every time I install Seri0us (Pull to Dismiss uninstalled) apps still crashes!
    Any solutions?!
    Last edited by codvisp; 12-31-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codvisp View Post
    Any solutions?!

Any solutions?!
    First try reinstalling both at the same time again then do this process:

Try installing SBSettings, respring, to open SBSettings slide finger across Statusbar

Press Power, Safe Mode
    Safemode turns ALL hacks off now try it

Does it work correctly in SafeMode?

If so then it is from Cydia

To deactivate Cydia stuff without uninstalling:
    First: Scroll your finger along the top again and exit safe mode
    Secound: go SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons
    Turn stuff off then exit and if the problem disappears it's one of the however many you turned off, slowly turn them on till you find the problem then turn the problem addon ON then uninstall it from Cydia if you don't turn it on before you uninstall some problems will stick around

Please list the problem app below and thank me on site if all goes well if this doesn't work or u need help please just ask

This tweak should be part of the top must have top ten tweaks for first time jailbreakers! It's a must! Thank you do much!

This tweak is a must

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    This tweak is a must
    Would be nice if it was Global

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast