+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Get Yourself A YouTube Application That Is Flawless

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Come on, it just has the mobile YouTube website embedded into it. The features he portrays in the video as features of his app are not by him, but by
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on, it just has the mobile YouTube website embedded into it. The features he portrays in the video as features of his app are not by him, but by YouTube itself. I want a developer to make a real iOS YouTube alternative to the stock one. Until then, I'm sticking with the stock app. And downloading? That is the only feature that is Added from the YouTube mobile site.
    Go to the app store and download and download managing app. They have built in browsers, and you can download YouTube videos, and it's all free. So there, save yourself a $1.49.

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    When someone creates a YouTube app that can download and save to my camera roll, I'll be impressed.
    You can with the download managing apps in the app store, which are FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

So what does ProTube do cannot do? Well to put it in layman's terms - a lot. But, more specifically: you can download videos, it has an ad-blocker for faster loading, you can like/dislike videos, you can leave comments, you can view recommended videos the way that YouTube wants you to see them, have control over your YouTube account, faster loading than the iOS application, HQ (high quality) and SQ (standard quality) options, share videos or add them to playlists, landscape orientation support, and so much more!
    The only things the iOS stock doesn't have out of that list is recommended videos (instead,related), and downloading.
    Last edited by iPod; 12-30-2011 at 08:07 AM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    lol, I just looked it up, there's two MyTube apps in Cydia, which one do you mean?
    And ProTube is not a copy of anything.
    Oh man you guys had me excited I thought this was available on the app store! Sucky, I was thinking how the hell did he get that on the app store? This explains it! Darn it! Hey Maxner do you think you could try n see if the app store would accept it? I know apps like the icabmobile let's u download videos? So why wouldn't they let an app as good as this on the AppStore ? Even if u made the download part wifi only?

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze4real View Post
    Nice app is there a way to transfer the downloaded songs & video to the music app itself.
    Pretty Dope App, Im feeling the guys music selection. Skrillex, and flux Pavilion they are two of my favorite producers/dj's
    Dubstep lover.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

This article sounds like a 8th grade essay.

No way to upload? Hate the camera roll way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    That my tube sucks... But I really like mxtube. Got a decision to make.

Ok I'm sold!! It's on 1.50! That's a steal for a DM/Audio converter alone. My payment should be sent right about ................ Now!
    MyTube by Harrison apps. You can lock your screen and still here the video's audio. You can also exit the app and still have the audio play!

Also a great downloader.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Default Whats the download managing app called in the app store I can't find it
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Come on, it just has the mobile YouTube website embedded into it. The features he portrays in the video as features of his app are not by him, but by YouTube itself. I want a developer to make a real iOS YouTube alternative to the stock one. Until then, I'm sticking with the stock app. And downloading? That is the only feature that is Added from the YouTube mobile site.
    Go to the app store and download and download managing app. They have built in browsers, and you can download YouTube videos, and it's all free. So there, save yourself a $1.49.

You can with the download managing apps in the app store, which are FREE.

The only things the iOS stock doesn't have out of that list is recommended videos (instead,related), and downloading.
    Whats the download managing app called in the app store I can't find it

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    Whats the download managing app called in the app store I can't find it
    It's called Video Downloader & Manager by Connect Technology Co, Ltd

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    MyTube by Harrison apps. You can lock your screen and still here the video's audio. You can also exit the app and still have the audio play!

Also a great downloader.
    You can lock your screen and hear the videos audio anyway without the need of a jailbreak/3rd party app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HereToTrollolol View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could've already just used mxtube. It was already updated for iOS 5.
    I don't like how mxtube won't let you listen to video audio while surfing the phone. No backgrounder
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    I don't like how mxtube won't let you listen to video audio while surfing the phone. No backgrounder
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxner View Post
    I will update the app today, and I will include the feature of adding videos to camera roll! Thanks for telling me this, I didn't think about it during develoment
    Even better if it's possible to add the videos and music from YouTube the iPod application??????? Pleaseeee

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

N/M....working now......

What's up with this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    When someone creates a YouTube app that can download and save to my camera roll, I'll be impressed.
    Well then you haven't tried this app becuase it does do this! Once you download a video/audio, you now have the option to transfer to camera roll and do what you want with it from there. Did it myself, very simple and amazing app!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone remember Yourtube. You could download and add video to the video app. The best part is that it was a tweak so it added features to the YouTube app itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really wonder if user can add the clips in queue and play the clips continuously. Is it possible to have this function built in with this app. I think it will really help user from going back and playing clips one after another.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

ProTube 1.1 was released today which allows you to download videos to the Camera roll. It also reduces RAM usage and comes with a bunch of bug fixes.

Thanks

The stock app is completely unusable because of how slowly it loads videos.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 12-30-2011 at 04:36 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Still no way to reply to a specific comment? Also, DL'd files should also save the description and/or a link to the original.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Still no way to reply to a specific comment? Also, DL'd files should also save the description and/or a link to the original.
    I think if you tap on a comment you can reply.

Thanks

Technically if you use this combined with iFile & PWNTunes found in Cydia you can put the saved mp3 files or video files straight to your native ipod app... as soon as i can jailbreak my 4S i'm buying this for sure!!!