Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] We're Giving Away $200 Worth of Cylay Licenses AGAIN: Celebrating Untether

This is so great! This is a must specially here in philippines. I'm going to ask for help in the media while retrieving my lost iPhone if it happens. You will see your tweak in action

I need this for gf's 3GS, since can't use Find My iPhone.. Please..

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd use the heck out of it. I work in clubs as a DJ and there have been a few occasions where my phone has "walked off" with a random patron. This would be great to have. It'd be even better to follow the guy who took it and have him puzzled how I knew. Or I could just throw security on him.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

I'm currently in college and there have been many thefts in the library. It'd be great to have this to have some peace of mind. Thieves usually immediately turn off the device, so Cylay would help a lot. I'd also keep my phone in my camera bag while shooting for the school newspaper since we generally leave the camera bag on the sidelines or something. Most people wouldn't dare to steal something like that, but it's nice to have that sense of security.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would use Cylay to track down the iPhone that I couldn't afford the insurance on so I don't have to save up and dish out another $500 just to get a new 4S. Hopefully I could bring the perps to justice too. Haven't used any app like this before so I'm looking forward to the untethered jailbreak and getting this app up and running!

Thanks

since there is no jailbreak yet for 4s i'll probably install it on my wife's iphone and try to resist the urge to use the app for less than noble purposes! haha

If i get this code I will become an Iphone super troll and leave my phone around places, setting up sting operations and trolling people all day.

my iPhone was stolen TWICE, (i live in new york) MobileMe, and iCloud only seemed to work about 50% of the time, and each and every time, the person, whoever they were, got away with stealing it, because it "just happened" to somehow not work. then, i installed cylay, and i was able to use it to get my phone back! i have only gotten a chance to use it once, but so far cylay has a 100% "find rating"!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This would be perfect because i have 4 kids with iphones so if they lose one or,god forbid,they get lost i could track them or the phones if need be.Thanks for consideration.

I used the trial and loved it!!! I would definately use this. This is way more useful then the find my iphone app by Apple. Ive been through the broken in card and phone stolen and iphone lost at a concert this would really come in handy to track, trace, wipe and hopefully have it returned. Love this idea

Thanks

Well I definitely need something like this. iPhone 3G, which is the latest model I have, does not support any iOS above 4.2.1. This means no iCloud, which is very upsetting to me(although I have found a workaround for mail, contacts, and calendars to be synced). I need this because of the fact apple doesn't support iCloud on iOS 4.
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 12-30-2011 at 11:18 AM.

This would be great to have!

The fantastic thing about cylay is the option to forward not only your text messages but also the any new sim card inserted in your phone should the phone be stolen. The option to prevent the phone shutting down comes in very handy. I tried the free version and totally loved it. After giving my phone out to a friend, I kept receiving text messages of my friends new sim number. I live in Africa and armed robbery is on the rise in certain parts. Having cylay on my phone will definitely make me feel more comfortable relinquishing all my possession should I be faced in such a situation knowing tracking down my car or possessions will only be a matter of time.

So how is this different than iLocalis? I'll tell you... One its more expensive. Two, it has less features. And the best one, go and try to read Cylay's privacy page... There is none anymore... That's because they sell your information for profit. At least their last privacy policy did. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If i won the Cylay license I would give it to my friend who got his iPhone recently mugged on the NYC Subway then when he would call his iPhone the "robber"/guy who claimed he found the phone wanted $500 for it and to meet in Brooklyn. My friend got mugged at gun point in Brooklyn years ago and asked the guy to meet him somewhere in NYC after which the thief turned off the phone and never allowed further contact. PREVENTING SHUT DOWN would be a lifesaver!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would use it for a better sense of security than I get with Find My iPhone. Seems like the only thing that would prevent you from tracking it is if someone restored it through their computer or put it into DFU mode.

How would I use Cylay? Me? I would make my iPhone a lure for bad-guys. It's a many stepped approach:

1) I would buy a bright-red case. Maybe one that lights up. Maybe I'd even make one (if there isn't one already).

2) I would change my ringtone to "Look, an easily stolen iPhone. It's passcode is 2323!"

3) I would leave it in very crowded and cheap restaurants.

4) I would call it every so often.

5) Using Cylay, I would see when it moves, so I know it's stolen.

6) Using Cylay, I would take pictures of the thief!

7) I would alert the authorities. I would be sure to be there when the scumbag is arrested, and post his picture (that I own, thank you Cylay) on every site I could.

8) Repeat beginning at step 3.

In every technologically advanced society, theft of electronic goods is all too common. The authorities are not interested in the least and 1 Infinite Loop does not care either- they increase their gain when you buy a replacement. So, to answer the question, I would take power into my hands, knowing that I had implemented security protocols the likes of which Apple never did, in the form of Cylay. I would showcase the application to everyone I know by displaying the advanced functions of Cylay, and implore them to purchase a copy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have had a trial version of cylay and its the most advaced, secure, and most accurate locator for my iphone i tend to loose stuff a lot and i would appreciate it if I had the full version of cylay it would be very useful to me

Great promising app, looking forward to get a licence to try it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast